Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > rejection does it get easier      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cheskat37
Msg: 19
rejection does it get easierPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Looked at you profile , you sound like a great guy ... What would scare a lady about your profile is you only lasted a little more then a year with a lady. Makes me wonder if your a. Super picky or b. your a player... Take what I say with a grain of salt. Not here to offend anyone but it would make me think twice if you we're in my area
 makavali7dayz3
Msg: 20
view profile
History
rejection does it get easier
Posted: 1/15/2013 11:37:36 AM
When you love yourself it does. When you accept yourself for who you are.
 Klova61
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/16/2013 2:10:59 AM
Interesting reply - sealing the deal is a fantasy. Getting to meet people and learning about yourself through their eyes is what dating is about. I have been rejected because I was married ( mind you I was seperated at the time), too old, too passionate, too touchyfeeling and wanting to talk to the man about their dreams etc.

I have been given the blow off by text by men I haven't even gone out with. I have been told to leave them alone. So I come on too strong. That is me if you don't like it then too bad. We can't all get along. I like to find out about people and if they don't want to share that's their baggage. We are on this earth so short that I go out of my comfort zone to ask someone out. Is that wrong?. I didn't direct any comment on this thread to anyone in particular was just asking a general question. This is a cliche I find annoying yet true - If it is meant to be it will be. People who hurt you don't deserve you. Life is for living not for dying. Weaknesses are easy to see but being with someone who can make you feel complete is all that love is.
 Klova61
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/17/2013 6:04:18 AM
After all my angst. I am letting go and allowing my heart to dictate choices. Women and Men do want the same things in all levels of relationships. My upset was with not getting the communication right. Some people like me, some don't. Life is too short to wallow in self pity. Yes I have mellow processing situation days. In the long run know that all works out the way it should. Found different ways of sharing my needs, wants, concerns, love and care for another. Curious - can Women and Men be friends even when sexual attraction is there or does that add to the closeness?.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/17/2013 7:46:45 AM
As a writer, I long long ago got full doses of actual rejection (that's why they're called "rejection slips"). But a letter not answered on a dating site? A first meet and greet not working out? Early days/fact finding period and it doesn't take? Nope, don't see any of those as rejection. Not worthy of a pity party in the least.

Nothing that hurts gets easier, but we hopefully learn to cope better. Hurts less, and happens less often, if we don't go all in too soon. A year or so worth of work smarts good and hard when it goes down the drain. That's life. And the sun will come up on the next new day. Take advantage of the new sun, new day.

(Yeah, I'm an optimist, lol!)
 lucky2beme
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/17/2013 6:22:09 PM
put it this way..i have been rejected so many times that not only have i stopped taking count,but i have also stopped looking and caring to boot
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/22/2016 1:14:13 PM

Yes.

When you're dead.
 Jo van
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/22/2016 3:20:59 PM

I lost a girlfriend who was very interested in marrying me to a brutal accident,

Hey! Snap!
My 'Ex' also wanted me to get married to a brutal accident, too.
Chicks eh?
Just sayin.....
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/22/2016 6:43:38 PM
Kay, well I'm not all that but I have experienced the discomfort that comes with rejecting someone else, and I waaay prefer to be rejected. So much so that I'll sometimes try to get the other person to reject me. Sick, right?
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/22/2016 7:22:49 PM
Baby, there are so many sick things about you that doesn't even make the top 10.

I think if you can find a guy who will accept a woman who hates dogs, you should hang onto him like grim death.

I've decided to join the crowd and give nothing but mean spirited advice.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/22/2016 7:32:12 PM
^ Just let it all out, Hon.
 deetristate
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/23/2016 12:30:51 PM
The new photo is cute
 razors_edge55
Msg: 31