Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunForSome
Msg: 22
Mixed signals!Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

she blew him out coz she thought he still liked me

Maybe she blew him off because she's seen the same sh*t from him before. And... she already knows that he is NOT serious about being in a real relationship with anyone. Too many other girls. And yes... he does sound like the type who likes to keep his options open and he probably strings along people so that he has a backup plan. That's what I would consider the friendly talking that is going on between you two.

If the sex was good, I'm sure that he would like to get back together for sex. However, I would not expect anything more than that.
 OutMind
Msg: 23
Mixed signals!
Posted: 12/27/2012 1:08:13 PM

What's going on with this guy? Does he want me/her/or just to keep his options open?

I have to ask what is going on with you OP? He is keeping his options open and you are willing and wanting to go there?
 relaxingwithyou
Msg: 24
Mixed signals!
Posted: 12/27/2012 3:34:12 PM
Common decency? What are you smoking? YOUR closure is YOUR problem not anybody else's. Who are you to decide how vested someone else is in a relationship?

Oops, you are right. This must be one of those swine/pearly thingys. Or does the swine attempt to wear diamonds studs with no luck? Yeah who gives a ratz azz about anyone feelings? Waiting a month or so to boink the common co-worker would be asking waaaaaay too much of the falsely adorned bovine. Would her best friend be game too? Getting much action there romeo?
 AnnB72
Msg: 25
Mixed signals!
Posted: 12/28/2012 10:50:33 AM

During this time we briefly broke up, only for us to get back together about a week later. I then found out (from someone else) that he slept with another girl from the office during our 'break'.

Sure, it stings. But, realistically, you two broke up. There was no way for him to know at the time if it was permanent, and therefore no way for him to know he'd be back with you a week later.
Then...
the second break up. Again, he may have feelings for you, but it seems you two are hot and cold, so - no way of knowing if this is permanent.
What does it say about him? Perhaps his feelings are not so deep. Yet. You said you only went out with him for a few months. That's hardly enough time to truly be committed mind, body, and soul. Also, we don't know if your relationship when together was tumultuous, happy, or otherwise. Obviously, there was a reason you broke up in the first place...
Was he faithful when you were actually together?
I would say if you are considering reuniting with each other, that you give it the proper time and perspective - BUT decide before you do so if you can be in it for the long haul. Breaking up every time there is a problem is immature. And you see what it got you, right?
 relaxingwithyou
Msg: 26
Mixed signals!
Posted: 12/28/2012 11:08:26 AM
Second thread where some unwritten time frame has been assigned to a Man by you. A time frame that has no basis in reality and makes no sense on face value.

Actually thats not correct. And you might want to look inside yourself to understand why my post evokes such rage in you. It's simply my opinion just like your posts are your opinion. Lose the hatred, its bad for your health.

BTW, the genuinely respectful care for the feelings of those they have loved. The self-serving boink others without a care. Figure that one out if you can.
 beachluvr78
Msg: 27
Mixed signals!
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:14:11 PM
OP, you're an option, not the priority. You can choose to accept being one of his many options, or you can choose to move on.
 lilsapp13
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Mixed signals!
Posted: 12/28/2012 11:41:43 PM

Oops, you are right. This must be one of those swine/pearly thingys. Or does the swine attempt to wear diamonds studs with no luck? Yeah who gives a ratz azz about anyone feelings? Waiting a month or so to boink the common co-worker would be asking waaaaaay too much of the falsely adorned bovine. Would her best friend be game too? Getting much action there romeo?

LMAO!! Man I'm like 60 years younger than you and you're worried about my "action"?? Your grand kids are older than me! If you're that worried about action then take that fossilized lump of coal of the shelf, dust it off and do you. Get real. The OP didn't even say that she was in love and the guy clearly isn't. This really isn't rocket science here folks. If you split and the guy/girls sleeps with someone else then apparently your three month little romp wasn't really love. Don't try to lay your misguided opinions from 1872 in my lap.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >