Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 curviest
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Contact History - what's yours?Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Maverickgirl69: " Sadly short, fat birds, with curly hair, even those with a good personality and a good heart do not sell well on dating sites... oh well..."

This is because they see our PHOTOS first and because women are judged by men 90% on their looks, we are ruled out BEFORE we get a chance to wow them with our personalities. In real life, it's different, because at a social gathering, we might get chatting to a man who isn't chatting to us because we look sexy and he wants to give us one, but because we are seated next to him at dinner, or at a party, or whatever. Then he likes our personality so much that he doesn't care AS MUCH about how many inches our body measures.

The trouble with the internet is that it can seem to a man as though he has a whole smorgasbord of women to choose from, so why would he choose a short fat bird when he can have a tall thin one?
 curviest
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Contact History - what's yours?
Posted: 1/12/2013 10:15:51 AM
I've got tons of personality, Marina, maybe too much for many men to handle.

One man I met for one date dumped me because, he wrote "You are too brainy for me, and that makes me feel uncomfortable."

So I have to dumb myself down! Instead of telling them I own a publishing company I now say that I am a typist in one!
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 7:10:30 AM
^^^ And, along the same lines, when people say "its whats on the inside that counts"...you never hear of someone walking into a pub/club, and saying cor ! i`d shag her/his pancreas ! hahahaha :O)
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 12:06:51 PM
Lochlomond - Nice to see a guy who is not complaining about lack of responses/dates.

Unless things are getting serious with any of the women, and so long as you haven't led them into believing they are 'the one', maybe the easiest thing to do is just say you are going out with friends

VVVV Lus, only reason I said 'friends' is cos Lochlomond doesn't feel comfortable saying he is on dates. TBH, I'd be more concerned that these women want a night by night diary of what he is up to. Personally, I would be honest and say I was going to meet someone - which no doubt would instantly whittle down the numbers, thereby solving that issue :o)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >