Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do women understand the power of hosiery>      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jazzybabe
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Do women understand the power of hosiery>Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Yes of course we know! I wear a garter and hose quite often in the cooler season (can't call it winter in Florida) ! I never wear pantyhose, those things are like you guys wearing a tie...restraining!
 2hotcougar
Msg: 25
Do women understand the power of hosiery>
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:54:37 PM
im all for dressing to please my man but im not a mind reader tell me what trips your trigger
 MsMicki
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2012 8:13:09 PM
Ooooh.......
one does have to wonder.....since the OP has admitted to being a cross-dresser in another thread.....
if this isn't more about his desire to be in panty hose??!!
(Thanks Pinky!!)

wonder how elegant hairy legs look in pantyhose o_O
 Lonestarcowboy47
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:13:36 AM
I love seeing sexy women dressed in lace top stockings, garters, high heels & a sexy bustier. It's iceing on the cake for me and I have a sweet tooth. I believe a woman should do what excites a man. Being a very open minded man myself I'll do whatever excites her. Be it wearing something sexy, exploring some fetish, toy play, whatever it takes to pleasure the other person.
 natgoat227
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 12:52:28 PM
Whether it's just sheer nylons or a full-body catsuit....
Womens hosiery can have a _Strong_ effect on many men!
Granted...there has to be a certain 'attractibility' factor, too...
I wouldn't look twice at a woman of 5' 2" and 230#...no matter What she wears...
(And probably regret looking _Once_!)
{Sorry...I'm just not impressed with BBW's}
Hosiery is just an exclamation point on an attractive Lady!
Some show it as a '!' . . . . . for others , it's a definite '!!!!'
 Candigal1977
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/29/2012 8:02:03 PM
Wow sorry you got a neg response for asking a legit question.... I was wondering what happened to all the thigh high lovers myself.... no one seems to like that any more..... but your saying they do! That's good news:)
 passion2pleaseaz
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:00:01 AM
i think a woman who looks terrific in a dress,short skirt and heels with or without pantyhose or stockings should want to wear these things because of the confidence and good feelings that it gives them and if it turns on a guy and makes him look then thats just a bonus.
thigh high and fishnet stockings are very sexy indeed as well
 Tallulah1986
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 1:17:42 AM

Personally I don't understand why women dress for women and not to please theirt man.

Thats such a ridiculous statement! Women will dress to please their men - just not 24 hours a day 7 days a week! Keep it for the bedroom!
 natgoat227
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:45:19 PM
I had to read 'passion2....'s profile 3 times....(Luckily)...{Whew!!!}
I guess it's true....
SOME guys make better looking Women ...than men!!!
Fishnets / patterned hosiery are a BIG draw, for Me!!
Add Real... Long... Hair . . . and I'm Hooked!!!
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 1:10:44 PM

Hmm, this coming from a man dressed like a slob in his pics in mom jeans and sneakers form 1989? Poke me when you don't dress for comfort at anytime.

If you will look a little more closely at the OP's entire profile, you will see that -- as Ms Micki has pointed out -- he is a some-time cross dresser. He looks good as a woman, and probably wishes more women would wear hoisery so that he could fit in better.
 ineverdated
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2012 6:54:42 AM
[The OP likes women in hosiery. He likes himself in hosiery. He knows that not every man enjoys cross-dressing and presumably doesn't find it necessary to conduct a "study" about it.

Personally I think this apparent "study" is more about seeking validation. Not sure why that's necessary, but seems to be what it is.]

Actually I am studying the exact subject that you mention. While there are many reasons for crossdressing, it would seem that the more women dress down, the more men dress up. Now that study is definitely in it's infant stages and I won't discuss it any further but please don't assume anything. Nothing is conclusive and no doubt it will take years and minds much greater than mine to come up with nothing....lol

I will not say I am surprised by all the personal attacks on me about this subject. After all isn't it the American way to attack what is not conceived as a social norm or things we know nothing about. Why not educate ourselves about the things we don't understand. But beware that many more men crossdress than you think . That being said I am very proud to ba an american and I make no apologies for being me.

Self validation? I think not. I am a pretty successful person financially and personally. I am a highly decorated soldier and a disabled vetren with 2 combat campaigns and a bronze star. OMG a man who wears dresses faught for your country. Really? I like myself to the point that how other people view me does not impact how I feel about myself. I don't judge others to feel good about me. I don't need you to feel good about me for me to feel good.

Wow three paragraphs off point. I still stand by my statement that a woman wearing hosiery has that extra edge or power if you will with the male population. Is that really a bad thing? I think it is empowering!!!
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2012 8:41:20 AM
OP--

I think a simular thread was done in the past re: women in stockings. The consensus was that many of the men preferred to see the ladies in them -- many liked the ladies bare legged.

A lot of the ladies said they did NOT like wearing stockings, and some said they wish they would come back.

A lot of ladies I know have quit with all but the longer dresses, because they don't think their bare legs look so good -- and that's why they wish they would come back.

Some want them back because they feel more polished in a nice pair of hosiery.

I don't think they will come back though, as many of the younger ones (or ladies like me that want to LOOK young) won't wear them because they think the stockings make them look "older" -- as in out of style. And younger people DO tend to set the styles.

As for your MAIN picture -- I certainly DON'T think you look like a slob. I think you look appropriate for what you are doing -- playing with your band. You look fine, either way.
 rhonda333
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/31/2012 9:03:54 AM
yes of course hosiery is very important to a woman. And we prove it my spending a lot of money on them. I wear pantyhose for work simply because they are cheaper and no problem to replace. For going out there is nothing better than Secrets in Lace hosiery. Google them and see. In fact I have been known to flash a little more of them than necesary when being helped into a car. Shameless isn't it?
 ineverdated
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2012 10:56:37 AM
Thanks L Luuu Lu... I haven't given a second thought to the people that felt it was necessary to attack my personal appearance. I really appreciate your well thought out and written comment. You are a breath of fresh air.

Rhonda I have a feeling you and I share sinilar thoughts. That little site of the welt while getting into a car I am sure is much appreciated.....lol
 paulj2112
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/9/2013 11:29:56 AM
Take a look at some of the recent news & fashion media regarding hosiery coming in or out of style: http://www.hosieryreview.net/2013/01/pantyhose-in-or-out-of-style/
 Birkoboy
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2015 7:45:05 AM
I am with you 100% there. Women ALWAYS look great in hosiery, be it tights or nylons. It sets the legs off wonderfully, a fact that a lot of females don't seem to realise as they continue with their preferences for boring jeans and T-shirts. I would NEVER go out with a girl who did not dress like a proper lady should. I like women to look feminine, and nothing makes them look more feminine that a nice pencil skirt, blouse, heels and, of course, decent hosiery to set their legs off.
 Birkoboy
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2015 7:45:31 AM
I like your style, Rhonda.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/6/2015 11:33:21 PM
"The white pasty leg thing has gotten very old."

Perhaps I should take a hacksaw and remove my legs for you, lest they offend. I may as well cut off my face, peel it off and remove my arms. Also, while I am at it, gut myself, flay the rest of my skin, then gather up all my organs, blood and bones and deposit them in sacks, then toss them into the nearest river, lest my skin, hair, eye color or opinions offend the male species.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2015 12:46:58 AM
Birkoboy

stockings and suspenders have long turned men on. How about fishnets?? Of course you are talking about a hot, younger, slim woman who could wear that apparel and look good. So she would more than likely look good in anything, right?

Same with a man, I would not be interested in a guy who would turn up in t-shirt, jeans or shorts and sandals for a first meet or a date. Clothes do maketh the man especially if he is not so fit and needs to cover some sins.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/7/2015 2:06:39 AM
The power of hosiery? Really? Maybe if a guy has a fetish, but I couldn't give a fck. Try fetlife.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/7/2015 8:42:00 AM

Perhaps I should take a hacksaw and remove my legs for you, lest they offend. I may as well cut off my face, peel it off and remove my arms. Also, while I am at it, gut myself, flay the rest of my skin, then gather up all my organs, blood and bones and deposit them in sacks, then toss them into the nearest river, lest my skin, hair, eye color or opinions offend the male species.

Wow VK, that was graphic.

Why not turn it into a Frida Khalo type of surreal painting.
 ozarkguy
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2015 10:08:55 AM
Not a fan of panty hose and garter belts are just so-so......but love thigh highs with a lace band. Watching a gal in a skirt cross her legs and getting a glimpse of that lace band---OMG! And getting a gal undressed with only those thigh highs left on-OMG, OMG, OMG!!!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/7/2015 10:40:23 AM
I know for sure that you can replace a fanbelt with pantyhose in an emergency. That's the power of pantyhose.

Dragonbytes, aka Macgyver
 bamagrl68
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/7/2015 5:53:54 PM
ineverdated- I can barely put into words how much I HATE wearing panty hose.
I'm pretty sure the devil invented them :D
They are uncomfortable.
Besides, I have met a LOT of men who say they only get in the way. ;)
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/7/2015 6:02:13 PM
This thread was so worth reading, hilarious!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do women understand the power of hosiery>