Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 96
Why Does It Seem To Be Getting Harder To Date In Your Thirties?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I agree finding someone is not what it used to be. Back when I was I. My twenties I would go to the store library Trafic court work n I would have a guy walk to me n start talking exchange numbers n take it from there. I had three LTR 2.5 yrs 3 yrs n 5 yrs. I even don't know about existence of sites like POF. I relly do try to get out walk my dog at the beach park still work part time in the store to to mall groceries shopping coffee spots n in last 3 yrs no one person. N here bc there aliways is going to be someone prettier more successful wealthier so on. U get overlooked/ rejected. Happend to me twice past week guy moved on to better girl.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 97
Why Does It Seem To Be Getting Harder To Date In Your Thirties?
Posted: 3/17/2013 8:42:27 PM
Ha ha so not true. U not a girl so how do u know. The reason that guys don't get responses is bc they don't MSG regular girl like me they all MSG that Barbie doll with phd degree n big boobs just like every guy on the site. While 95 precent of girls get one or two MSG or none like me. And then they said girls play with them n stuff so far I has been rejected twice last week n I don't even get MSG so how I can reject guys. Maybe u guys should give us regular females chance n then say rediculisly stupid things like that
 JenSnider
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/17/2013 9:46:31 PM
^^I've messaged plenty of guys who don't give me the time of day. Who knows their reasoning, and I'm sure not going to speculate because I could be way off base. But not all of the women on here are getting those hundreds of messages each day.

And yes, I've ignored messages sent to me. I don't respond to every guy that tries to hit on me out here in the "real world" so why would I respond to every guy that messages me online?
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2013 10:10:35 PM
Dating for men becomes easier in their 30's compared to women. Basically the roles are reversed as in the 20's women are more empowered then men. The shift happens because women are nearing a critical stage where their ability to become pregnant is decreasing as they age into their 30's while for men the decrease in terms of reproductive potential isn't as drastic. So, a man in his 30's is more likely to look for a woman in her 20's if he wants to start a family and he still has the option of looking for women in the early-mid 3o's as well.. A woman in her 30's may still be able to attract 20 something men, but starting a family with 20 something men is highly unlikely, so her pool is different. She has to look for men in the 30's or even 40's. But not many men in their 40's would be interested in children, so a 30 something woman that does want children has her dating pool shrink substantially.

Women that do not want children tend to fair better in their 30's and 40's finding a significant other and the same applies for men as the pool opens up a bit.
 DomG79
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/18/2013 3:38:00 AM

Women at least have the OPTION of rejecting advancs from men, which means they are simply looking for mr. nice-looking mature well of financially while this pool of well off good looking single men at 30 has dwindled to nearly zero.

That works both ways. I've rejected many women because they were not what I was looking for. When my options are to either lower my standards or to stay alone, I'd rather stay alone.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2013 12:30:13 PM
I don't know if its so much harder in your 30s. I think women that are looking for boy toys will have no problem finding willing young guys to bang - proof is in the "women dating younger guys" thread. LOTS of middle aged women there who prefer young guys to bang.

I also agree that it is much easier for 30+ men to date as well. Speaking from my experience - having your finances in order and a good paying job, working out and staying in shape, and being independent all contribute nicely to your marketability in middle age compared to when I was younger.

For me, average looks + money + nice body + confidence = a winning combination. I try and improve the things I can and it helped me land some great dates as I got older..........

While I'm dating a lovely lady now, I wouldn't have a problem finding other women if I put myself out there again. Middle age dating has been great for me..........
 STORM1975
Msg: 102
Posted: 3/18/2013 10:19:31 PM
I can only speak for myself...when I turned 30 my tolerance for BS decreased tremendously. I became very in tune to people's BS and would call them out on it...from my experience, most people cannot handle the truth...especially when you are speaking the truth and nothing but the truth. I get such a kick out of those individuals on here who thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread and that one should feel honored to be in their presence...these are the people that deep inside really hate who they are and need constant affirmation so they don't jumped off a bridge.

Another thing I've realized is that the grass is not always greener on the other side. I know you said most
of your friends are in relationship...are they happy? Are they in "healthy" relationship? I've noticed that women in our age group begin to panic and "settle" because they want to be in a "relationship" at any costs that they put up/will put up with anything and everything. Do not compromise your standards. The reality is... maybe not everyone is meant to have the 2.5 kids and the house with the white picket fence.

I can be in relationship if I to, but if it is not with someone that I can respect and when I wake up in the morning I smile at the thought of him and cannot wait to see his face or hear his voice...I will hold on to the "SINGLE" title proudly while I watch the divorce rate continue to grow.
 Tommy2bfree
Msg: 103
Posted: 3/19/2013 12:57:30 AM
Its because once your over thirty..u have seen all the monkeys and migets and all the circus acts by that time, not much left over at that point!
Mahalo
Tc
 Mortis1669
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2013 4:20:39 AM
Not had kids by 30, here's a medal of respect ladies, for you are in full control of yourself and your destiny and not ruled by society and your so called biological clock. Kids are not everything, you have one life as you, enjoy every second of it. There is nothing more off-putting for some guys than a lady always having her attention drawn away from the relationship by little ones. Make it about the two of you enjoying life together and not always about her, the kids, the pets, the friends, the everything else inbetween and the guy coming last if he is lucky, as always seems the case. Keep the relationship happy, be together and sod everything else......
 hippy_dude
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/19/2013 6:40:53 AM
I didn't think that young pretty girls like katar and jen were having trouble getting responses . I thought you get at least 100 messages a week or more asking for sex . its an eye opener to see you are having trouble meeting , hooking up , getting dates . most guys assume that women are flooded all the time with e mails msg ( im not sure if that's instant messages ?). some guys already said what i'm saying. but I had tell what I use to think before reading this thread. thanks for be honest and sharing with the members of pof.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/19/2013 8:21:02 AM
Well what I observed there is a lot of guy sayin in their profiles looking for relationship marriage etc n those same guys been on it since I signed up. My question is who are unwitting for? Bc I see them aliways on here cute educated some even relly good looking dudes bu they never hide/ delite their profiles what is the reson ? Ok they didn't meet anyone yet. Relly? Why? It there not a one person that u think u may have something with no one that catches ur eye? Really? I even tried to MSG some of those that seem atractive got response form none. Well one but he wanted to come right away to my house n give me massage ??? I know. But going back to the subject so those dudes are there not sending MSG not responding to any I know I might be not all that but if u sit here for more than year n u found not one person for something longer while u had girls literally writing to u I really don't get it why they don't find someone yet.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2013 8:49:31 AM
^^^^I just changed my profile to say that I'm taken, but I don't hide it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've always been honest with women when I am dating someone else.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/20/2013 12:22:36 PM
U totally missed my point my point was that a lot of guys on POF don date they just sit there waitin for exotic princes to fall into thief laps. U know some ppl like disaper for anwhilenwhen datin someone n then u see then come back with new profile n they admit I met a person or two on POF and now I'm back. But I was taking about ppl who never disaper. Like its hard to belive that in such long time they didn't find one person good enough for them n when u MSG them that won't even bother to reply. My pint was that a lot of man that spoke in this thead said how picky women are bu I can say that most man on here are def worse
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/20/2013 12:24:16 PM
Oh if I would be datin someone n he would still have his profile active we wouldn't be dating just my view on it
 rocking ritschel
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:12:57 PM
I love how you think Storm 1975
 TheArtist1979
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:25:44 PM
I rarely write messages feel like its a waste of time writing messages & barely getting any responses. I do reply to every woman who writes me a message 1st even if I'm not attracted to them or have anything in common but that's as far as I go I don't lead woman on I know I will not want to date.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/21/2013 12:27:03 PM
Yeah i am really suprise that Hundsome guys would still be on it. Would I go for one hell ya but is that my qualification - no u don't have to be drop dead gouges. But I have to attracted to the guy if I'm planning on potentially dating him. How u going to kiss n fool around if it lets say get there if u don't find him attractive ?
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/21/2013 12:40:13 PM
N anothe thing would be profile I general ( except those Hundsome guys who will never write u back anyways lol) one - n I think I speak for most of female population - what the hell is up with those facial hair no femal likes to kiss it or hug to it it's prickly n it feels like sand paper. I know u guys find it cool I guess but u try to attract a women right? And number two is those my intrest are cars bikes sports n gym ok any thing else that girl would be infested I u both could share. It's same if I would write in mine makeup shopping nails spa. Really whoat guy would write to me. Just some thing to think about
 Albvs
Msg: 115
Posted: 3/21/2013 6:07:21 PM

what the hell is up with those facial hair no femal likes to kiss it or hug to it it's prickly n it feels like sand paper.

So... you want a guy to be all smooth and without hair... almost like a woman? Rather than getting men to shave (or wax) all their hair off wouldn't it be simpler to just kiss women instead?
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/21/2013 6:45:15 PM
No that's why shaver was invented That same idea if I would have hairy legs would u find it desirable to touch ? Ok I think I rose my point. And I think a lot of women will agree that It is like kissing sand paper
 DomG79
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/22/2013 4:47:48 AM

what the hell is up with those facial hair no femal likes to kiss it or hug to it it's prickly n it feels like sand paper.

Do you want a man or a boy?

I think I speak for most of female population

Maybe 50% at best.
 TheArtist1979
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/22/2013 6:36:09 AM
I know women that have told me they like men with facial hair. Just like theres women who like men with hair on they're chest & other women that don't like it. Shaving irritates the skin & we don't have the time to shave every single day because that's how fast our facial hair grows back. In 3 days we could have a full beard. In one day its already starting to grow back. Im a man & if that's 1 of the minor things that bother some women I think its shallow cause its a part of being a man.

Also remember the movie 300? yeah how many women were drooling over the main actor with his full beard? exactly I rest my case lol.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/23/2013 7:16:58 PM
Cave era is over saver were invented n I wen with buch of girls to see mentioned movie dont remember any of them drooling rest my case ha
 lightningman1
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/23/2013 7:23:41 PM
By your mid 30s anyway most people have already assumed you are pass you used by date.
Thats the feeling i get....
 TheArtist1979
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/23/2013 8:03:53 PM
@KatarzynaLuiza stop speaking for all women & repeating your self I know many women who like men with facial hair as long as its trimmed & when I say many women I mean MANY women. That's like saying all women like only white guys or all women only like black men <-----see how stupid that sounds. All women don't think alike just like not all men don't think alike so just let it go already your starting to sound ignorant like your opinion (& that's all it is YOUR opinion) is fact when its not so shut it already.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >