Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 abmccray
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Why Does It Seem To Be Getting Harder To Date In Your Thirties?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

You stated "most" women previously, now you say "some" women. Where I live, I know more females that like it than females that don't. A lot of the ones that don't are more into women.

The statistical data I've seen lately shows that women in their 20s-30s like trimmed, well - kept beards, as far as facial hair goes. I've found that the case from personal experience as well; I've had a lot more success lately with a "hotter" group of women, especially the hipster types, when I grow my (trimmed) beard out as opposed to being clean-shaven.

The larger beards, as well as goatees, seem to be more "niche" as opposed to the widespread acceptance of the "just above 5 o clock shadow look." But if that's the niche a person is going for, that obviously works for them as well.
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Why Does It Seem To Be Getting Harder To Date In Your Thirties?
Posted: 3/25/2013 2:34:19 PM
Its a little harder as alot of the best fish get snapped up... but ya gotta keep plugging away and not worry too much
 naturally_shaley
Msg: 144
Posted: 3/26/2013 5:58:50 PM
I have to say college was a lot easier and access was limitless. Of course, the potential was located in one central location. The mentality is different now than in your 20s. College was the first experience away from home for most people. But now that I'm older with a career and focus on my future, dating multiple people is just plain tiring and sometimes insulting. lol I mean, if I wanted a sugar daddy, oh, the options! Really, I have a father.

I have my share of most of my friends are married, divorced or are in a long term relationship as well. I try hard not to say I am looking for a type of man because I think that keeps whoever he is from making contact. I've been thru the good/bad and have learned from those experiences...but ya know, it will be nice whenever he comes round and is serious about a relationship instead of surface stuff.

Good luck out there kids!
 JenSnider
Msg: 145
Posted: 3/26/2013 9:00:49 PM
^I do think it was easier to meet new people in college. You were away from home, living in the dorms, going to class, going out for the weekend, and anybody you met lived on or near campus most of the year. Now most of us work all day, and then go home, and if your work is anything like mine it doesn't allow for a lot of socializing.
 dark_eyed_rebel
Msg: 146
Posted: 7/11/2014 5:43:32 PM
I agree, it does get harder. I had no problems finding a lady in my 20's but not sure if that even counts since I wasn't really looking for love at the time. Now I can't find a compatible woman to save my life these days! And the ones I think are attractive and have good qualities have boyfriends/married. When I do find a woman she is indecisive, moody, b*tchy and always stressed. Sometimes I want to say forget it but I know that there is a good woman out there, just don't think she's in my area.
 south_city
Msg: 147
Posted: 7/12/2014 9:57:11 PM
A lot of people in their 30s are taken or married. Thus there is a smaller dating pool. Unless you date younger ( more single / never married people ) or older ( divorced people ).
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 151
Posted: 7/31/2014 11:32:36 AM
Perhaps it's the attitude of people in their 30s. It's like they are on the clock and they better have something happen. I was married during my thirties so it was all career, career. But when I became single in my 40s, I found that it was actually a lot easier. Yet I found that women in their 30s were impossible, while women in their 40s were absolutely awesome.
 basilisk123
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2014 6:02:03 PM
"I'm glad somebody has posted this, as I was about to make a similar post.

I get 1 or 2 messages per day, no more...

I recently split from a 7yr relationship, and found that from about 20-30 Yr old I had significantly many more approach me.

I actually published my first post here about 1hr ago asking if there's something wrong with my profile!"

Actually, for online dating as a guy, I would say you are doing pretty decent with the amount of interest the ladies give you.
 sddude
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2014 1:34:57 PM
I find it alot easier for me and getting easier as time goes by.

I guess it is all about what sex you are and your demographics, how picky you are now
compared to the past.

When I was in my teens to early 20' s, it was impossible beacuse I was just a short dorky nerd. As time went by
my style and and feeling of self worth have grown. I am still the same guy inside but I project differently now.
Everytime I have GF and they become intolerably spoiled by my own fault, they threaten to leave me if they do not get their way and say that I will not be able to get one as good looking and as awesome as they, I tell them, go head and leave me, I can get one like you in less than a day or a better one in a couple of days, they beleive me and stick around. In my younger years I would act like a groveling idiot slave only happy to be abused by even one that I did not like because I thought she was the only girl I can get, heck I even stuc around even they were cheating with my best freind and knew it.

Now I feel more secure and that makes things easier.

It may be harder for women than guys, what do you think?
 jrb1979
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2014 10:51:21 AM
I have found now that I am in my 30's that the dating pool is smaller and a lot of the women that are single try to "fit" you into their schedule. Gone of the days of couples dating and wanting to spend time together. I find that so many women are so used to doing things alone that they find it hard to include some one in their life. I have met a few women that want to date but only had time for me once a week. They want a relationship but also they want to carry on their lifestyle the same as when they were single.

I have decided to take a break and I have been enjoying my single life. I am doing some traveling, saving up some money to get a house.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >