Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you bother trying to talk to someone who has been on line 2,3 o      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 anthony261
Msg: 23
Would you bother trying to talk to someone who has been on line 2,3 or 4 hours emailing and chattingPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
And you sound like a angry person about ready to lose control.
 anthony261
Msg: 24
Would you bother trying to talk to someone who has been on line 2,3 or 4 hours emailing and chatting
Posted: 12/27/2012 2:08:07 AM
That is the problem with the world these days, there are no more rules on how to treat people. It's all out me, me, and me.
 asimplerlife52
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Would you bother trying to talk to someone who has been on line 2,3 or 4 hours emailing and chatting
Posted: 12/27/2012 8:30:55 AM
Very good point. You seldom can tell how long someone has been on there.
 ndependentlady
Msg: 26
Posted: 12/27/2012 9:50:44 AM
Anthony, Anthony, Anthony, you didn't learn from your last post huh? you must like getting a good whippin' don't you? hope you have a big tree in your yard with lots of little switches, why don't you go out and pick off a couple in advance. looks like you need another one.
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 27
Posted: 12/27/2012 10:32:30 AM
Anthony, I assure you that you will not find what you are looking for online.

I understand what you are saying. But your values and how you like to approach meeting people however isn't going to fly online. You've got the biggest mix of people here, with a strong lean towards the "me me me" sort you mentioned. Yes, some people are on here for hours, if not all day. Honestly..in your heart..do you REALLY think these are good candidates for you? There are "career daters" on here. This is a watering hole for them, a chronic habit. You are one of thousands of potentials, for dates, or just for chat, or just for attention.

Many people here have not learned or care about the basics of tending to the heart of others.

Also, the glut of people and the easy access to them tends to foster indifference, maybe a bit of Devo's "Freedom of Choice" syndrome. How many people have gone out on a date, then come right back home and jump online again to "shop?" Plenty!

This makes the odds of you truly making any sort of meaningful impact almost nil.

Online dating sites cheapens people. You are less valuable here because there are hundreds of thousands of others here as well.

Get off the net and back into real life. Join a meetup group, get involved with people who share hobbies and interests. I joined a hiking group, am in better shape now and have a happy and "normal" dating life.
 OutMind
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/27/2012 11:20:02 AM

It has become like going on Amazon and going through a catalog. Is this one the right height, the right astrology sign, etc.

Right weight, right size... likes to run..click. Put in cart... click, bingo.

I love internet dating.
 keep-on-swimming
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:35:22 PM
That's not true! I receive a lot of email and sometimes it takes a long time to through it and if someone sees me online they'll want to chat. This msy happen with 4 or more at the same time. You really can't get to know them any other way, unless you give out your number and I'm not doing that. There's a couple other reasons a person may show online too. I often will read through the forums and sometimes if I'm logged on on my phone and get distracted and set my phone down, it keeps me logged on.
 keep-on-swimming
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:38:04 PM
Didn't mean that's not true lol. I was responding to the first comment.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you bother trying to talk to someone who has been on line 2,3 or 4 hours emailing and chatting