Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OrphanThing
Msg: 22
view profile
History
I think she's stealing from me...Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Two issues: impulse control lacking and addiction. Since you have known this person for a while (16, 17?) and is described as a 'loose cannon', I wonder how much of this behavior was established in earlier history, and whether you participated (maybe by passively watching) or gave implied approval by enjoying shared stories and antics. I'm sure much of that history is innocent in retrospect. If a person does not respect boundries when doing things with you, how will that person respect that same boundry that will stop them from doing it to you.

Still, you have a couple deal breakers: stealing and alcohol addiction (stealing is frequent when a person has an addiction to support.) Addictions are difficult to treat and are often subject to relapse. You might be in over your head. Maybe an intervention could be in order. If she has issues, help her to cope with them and share some life skills, maybe therapy. As tough as it may sound, tell her to get help, or to get out.
 THEMEPACK
Msg: 23
I think she's stealing from me...
Posted: 12/28/2012 3:10:24 AM
Is your stash of condoms missing....

Ok we go from stealing to boozing...what else?
 wendyrcq
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/28/2012 5:06:32 AM
If you don't like her "boozing", then who cares where the blu-rays went? After 1 week into a relationship, I'd suggest she get some help with that first and perhaps when she is sober, she could call you.
 0ldhag
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/28/2012 5:17:49 AM

You claim to be in a relationship and have a gf yet your profile says you are looking for a relationship and single, I think your gf is going out with a cheater. You should be concered about your cheating ways not blu rays.

A cheater dating a theif - sounds like the perfect couple
 YourBrandNewGuy
Msg: 26
Posted: 12/28/2012 5:43:17 AM

You want to know people that lost things? Hurricane Sandy hit parts of NYC and I'm sure those people give a rats ass about the dvds and playstation. They lost their houses. Yeah, perspective...get some.

Why is it that whenever a disaster hits some one always has capitalize on the chance to proclaim some BS virtue.
The guy wants to know what to do about his girlfriend being a thief.

I own a store and when we get a thief we deal with it. We don't say "hey keep taking our stuff because of the hurricane." That in no way implies that we don't care.
Their is no correlation between the two . What are you doing looking for a man while others are dying in the world. Get some perspective.
 Hotmerlot
Msg: 27
Posted: 12/28/2012 7:03:49 AM
Sometimes people with mental illness can be very charming. She has a bad history and may be stealing from you, as well as showing signs of alcohol abuse. You might want to put this fishy back in the pond.
 windchymes
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2012 7:24:31 AM
I think our chains are being yanked with this whole story.
 relaxingwithyou
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/28/2012 10:46:29 AM
At that age she was a bit of a loose canon, however I'm aware that she did a couple of months inside at 19 for breaking into someone's house whilst drunk.

Yep, my relative, the confirmed Klepto did pretty much the same thing. It was the only time he got caught I know of but the petty and not so petty theft continues along with the alcoholism. We would attend a family gathering and he'd show me the dam blow dryer he took from the bathroom on the way home. He found a very shallow wife who is also quite dishonest, they have high profile jobs and gross over half a million a year. Once she used all the money for the bills to buy more diamonds to add to her heap and didn't tell him. His credit card was cut in half at an important business luncheon. What a pair, together over 25 years now.

Let me guess....she's real smart too? If you are up for the drama, have at it but if you get implicated whilst out with her it could be your butt hiring an attorney to defend yourself. They can't help themselves, it's a disease.
 Maleman999
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/28/2012 11:02:46 AM
Let's see. You two have been together ONE WEEK, you're pretty much convinced she's stealing your stuff, you don't like her drinking binges, and she has a shady past. And you're asking for suggestions? I have one: get your head examined. You have a bigger problem than she does.
 safebetinvegas
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2012 11:25:21 AM
Blu-Rays are but one source to support the booze and most likely blow habit. Of course, she'll make up lie after lie even with booze breath and/or the eventual white mustache.

Hey, someones got to fund her fun.

How much time do you want to spend on this issue ? Check you local Craigs List classifed ads, pawn shops, flea markets or better yet her place. Could even be in her car providing for easy access during a street sale.

"Loose cannon" signs and seals it for me.
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/28/2012 12:51:09 PM
Suggestion- Dont let anyone in your place, that you dont trust!!!
Try putting a ten dollar bill down, where you know she will see it, (next to the booze)
 Skotch
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:29:50 PM
I guess if you're not sure do what previous people said and get a nanny cam or whatever. If she's worth it. I don't think it'd be hard to be sure without it though, but I don't know your living arrangements. I agree that its not about the blu-rays, its about her stealing from you. It doesn't matter what the item was, its more about respect.

Now here's another side to the coin. You're both young, and stealing may be a fun (to her) thing that she does occasionally. She was drunk, it happened. Maybe she regrets it now. Who's gunna fess up to that? Hell, maybe she doesn't even remember doing it herself (may want to give her that out and see if she comes up with the discs ("Omg, where did these come from?!"). What I'm saying is that maybe a relationship with her isn't totally out of the question, but unless this gal is something else, signs like that would steer me away. I mean, there are more fish in the sea that you don't have to put your money on someone that's already giving you signs that they don't respect you.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:35:17 PM
You've only been dating her a week. Maybe she is dating someone else who has a Blue-Ray player.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2012 3:56:16 PM
^^^^Hopefully the guy with the Blu Ray player is not the same size as OP or he could be into her for some clothes as well. Damn my Levi's are missing...
 Savona
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/28/2012 7:41:44 PM
Time to move on. A stealing alkie is not such a great combo. Lots of fish in the sea, toss this one back.
 privat33r
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 7:12:10 AM
Kleptomania is serious and hard to take. I used to go to yard sales with the babe. She'd pocket trinkets from the display tables while I was talking to grannies and****ring. It was her way of staying true to her own secret beginnings, or something. Very annoying habit.

If your gf is taking your blue-rays- maybe it just doesn't matter. At all. Don't allow yourself the luxury of hearing that something so minor might be a problem. Do you want to be the single guy with a complete blue-ray collection?
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:22:25 PM
Change your profile? Better dump her before she steals your computer.
 rml62
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/29/2012 11:06:55 PM
id be more worried about the over drinking. if she drinks to much my guess is if she took them, she doesn't remember maybe and wont confess to it if she finds them in the morn. a week is to soon for this kind of drama.
 rml62
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/29/2012 11:21:22 PM
you didn't steal her 20. did ya ? give it to her and say you left this in my car and I left my discs in your car. may I have them back pls.
 passion2pleaseaz
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:14:57 AM
if she is not stealing your heart then you got to expect that she will steal something else.LOL
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 3:23:13 AM

(not 100% certain on 2 but pretty sure on the 2 that vanished tonight)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You therefore are not sure about much

How long have you "dated"?.

You've only been dating her a week

^^^^^^^^^^
Yet you let her in your house drunk only knowing her a week and profess she is your GF.

Did YOU get HER drunk? ( pay for the booze?)
Lend them to your other brother Larry?

Most people that have a GF/ BF that get drunk get drunk themselves.

If she stole them she isn't going to fess up.
If she didn't and you ask..RUT ROE.

Drunk fight..

I agree sounds like chain pulling to me or a LOST WEEKEND blackout.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 8:30:05 AM
Well give her back the 20 or she will rationalize (after the fact) that's it's ok to take your Blu-rays and other stuff.

On a side note...I really want the "The Dark Knight Rises" and the "Dexter" series on Blu-Ray so could you purchase them and give me your girlfriends email (is that the best way to contact her?)
 Savona
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:19:18 PM
You are sounding flakey to me.

Messages this short may not be posted
 GeekyCrazyButCool
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/30/2012 1:09:43 PM
If I were you I'd put buy a nice heavy safe professionally installed and hidden away and put any important valuables in it....or better a safety deposit box. You shouldn't have her over anymore
 Handyman0018
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/10/2013 8:59:48 PM
I would say to forego the nanny-cam and trust your instincts. If you live alone and things are disappearing they definitely aren't growing legs and eventually you will come up missing alot more than just your blu-rays discs.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >