Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > No Contact and then Merry Christmas!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TrebleMaker87
Msg: 44
No Contact and then Merry Christmas!!Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Could it have been a bulk message that was sent to everyone? I get those (from many exes) during the holidays.

If it wasn't, then it definitely sounds like an ego thing to me, and you need to ignore him and move on!
 Crystal_Planet
Msg: 45
No Contact and then Merry Christmas!!
Posted: 12/18/2013 5:06:31 AM
I love this place! So much excitement over a simple text.
"Merry Christmas" was the text. Not "Thinking of you" or "I miss you this time of year" or even a "hope you're doing well".

And the OP with her "Golly, what do you suppose it means?".
It means shit. It also means you agonize over the goofiest things and enjoy high drama. Go and volunteer at a homeless shelter and get some perspective.
 Cdan1957
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2013 6:39:55 AM
The last few posts were not responding to the OP. That is over a year old. The last few posts were in response to Halcyon_Skies who received an email from someone she dumped which said Merry Christmas and btw want to see my wedding pictures. I am sure it could have been someone just being nice but I tend to believe that it was her ex telling her how well he has rebounded. Reading is a skill, being naïve is a handicap.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/18/2013 8:39:05 AM
The last few posts were not responding to the OP. That is over a year old. The last few posts were in response to Halcyon_Skies who received an email from someone she dumped which said Merry Christmas and btw want to see my wedding pictures. I am sure it could have been someone just being nice but I tend to believe that it was her ex telling her how well he has rebounded. Reading is a skill, being naïve is a handicap.

Thanks, Cdan1957. The OP has long gone, and I would have started my own thread if I'd known it would cause this much confusion. I agree with you that the message wasn't just a case of an ex being nice on Christmas.

We didn't part on friendly terms, and hadn't kept in touch after I broke up with him five years ago. This was just his way of thumbing up his nose at me that he'd found another woman who'd marry him. He used the "Merry Christmas" as an excuse to contact me, figuring I'd engage him. I deleted his message, and I'm sure that's the end of it.
 gtomustang
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/18/2013 10:26:30 AM
it may be an old post, but there are plenty of people who ask, "why does this particular stranger do X to me, I can't see any other reason than selfishness."

well...yeah. Occam's Razor. sometimes people do things without any idea interest in getting your attention. they're just selfish, not the least interested in making you look or feel better.

sometimes when it feels wrong...that's b/c it is. no sense in trying to create a lemonade that says, "wow, I have value b/c X happened for some convoluted reason that reflects well on me in the end."

sorry you got skunked halcyon, but you did the right thing--purged it. hopefully had a glass of wine in salutation that you aren't the woman he married--how it would it feel to marry someone who still had their ex on their mind, and had to act like a kid in order to strike back? that'll be a marriage made in hell,its just a matter of when not if.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2013 10:46:28 AM
I dunno. Since he didnt respond to your response, I'd go along with it being a blast. However, I met a man here last year. We spent some time together. He lives too far away though for us to really get involved. Still for a good while we talked/emailed/chatted often....It started dwindling. Then I realized I was always initiating the contact and I stopped. It was no big deal. We neither one looked at it as a long time thing.

A couple weeks ago he popped in to my mind. I sent him a message just to say hey how you doing? I wasnt trying to restart anything. Just felt like talking to him, so that's what we've been doing. It's not a restart kinda thing. It's someone to talk to at night when we are each home and alone.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2013 11:09:29 AM
We can thank Hallmark and Norman Rockwell. Christmas makes us think about people we haven't given much thought to through the year. It's a Christmas thing, this time of year will bring it out in spite of ourselves. Reach out and touch then after the first of the year, we go back to normal and that's too bad. We can respond, or not, as we choose.
When you care enough to send the very best.
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/18/2013 12:45:31 PM
Merry Christmas Halcyon! His loss..........and he knows it, lol.
 Crystal_Planet
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/18/2013 4:05:53 PM

The last few posts were not responding to the OP.

Mine was.

Skies' email was entirely different - offering to show his wedding pics was a d!ck move. And lame as hell to boot.
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/29/2013 10:16:49 PM
He just sent Merry Christmas. Don't analyze a minimal text like that.
 elmuchoburrito
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/1/2014 5:53:20 AM
meh - girls aren't any better

Got the Merry Christmas text from the ex. We haven't spoken in years, she didn't text the year before - so wtf?
Her - 'Merry Christmas'
Me - You know I don't celebrate it (three hours later)
Her - How haz u been ?
Me - FINE
Her - want to get to gether for N Y's ?
Me - I live in El Paso now. (lived in Seattle together for years)

No text for New Years - so I figure she found an appropriate local ego boost / hook up.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > No Contact and then Merry Christmas!!