Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Which Dating Websites Have Good Results?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BrookeAda
Msg: 86
Which Dating Websites Have Good Results?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Match is horrible from a female perspective. Many members who are not paying hence have no way to respond or read your communications. Found zero men resembling any thing vaguely interesting photo or profile . Comes off as a lonely hearts club for boring lonely old men who should not wonder why they are single. The site takes your money and fails to deliver. Watch the renewal too. Several people Ive talked with have been auto renewed with zero chance of getting a return of funds.
POF is the easiest to sort and navigate. Enjoy the Forums. Better pool of men in my age range.
 cowgirlup0067
Msg: 87
Which Dating Websites Have Good Results?
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:16:09 AM
To anyone that can answer, is OKC a paying site or is it completely free like POF?
 NonamousDog
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:24:34 AM
OKC is free so far as posting a profile and sending and receiving messages, as well as a fair number of other features. There are some features which require a paid upgrade to access, like POF.
 abmccray
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:27:39 AM
Match is horrible from a female perspective. Many members who are not paying hence have no way to respond or read your communications. Found zero men resembling any thing vaguely interesting photo or profile . Comes off as a lonely hearts club for boring lonely old men who should not wonder why they are single. The site takes your money and fails to deliver. Watch the renewal too. Several people Ive talked with have been auto renewed with zero chance of getting a return of funds.
POF is the easiest to sort and navigate. Enjoy the Forums. Better pool of men in my age range.

You aren't speaking from the "female perspective."

You're overweight, over 50, and live in a suburb of a small city in a sparsely populated area of Michigan. Yes, with that attribute combination, a site that caters towards moderate-to-attractive people (due to the focus on pictures) with disposable income isn't going to work as well as one that caters towards other demographics. A fit, 20-30 year old professional woman in a major city is going to have a different experience than an older overweight woman in the middle of nowhere. POF caters better for more rural people with lower incomes, Eharmony for overweight or old Christian people that want to 'settle,' for instance. Gender-wise, though, no site is better or worse for women AS A WHOLE.
 BrookeAda
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/6/2013 11:07:04 AM
You aren't speaking from the "female perspective."

You're overweight, over 50, and live in a suburb of a small city in a sparsely populated area of Michigan. Yes, with that attribute combination, a site that caters towards moderate-to-attractive people (due to the focus on pictures) with disposable income isn't going to work as well as one that caters towards other demographics. A fit, 20-30 year old professional woman in a major city is going to have a different experience than an older overweight woman in the middle of nowhere. POF caters better for more rural people with lower incomes, Eharmony for overweight or old Christian people that want to 'settle,' for instance. Gender-wise, though, no site is better or worse for women AS A WHOLE.

Well aren't you the rude one. Ada is a AFFLUENT suburb of a much larger city. Because I honestly choose a few extra pounds you determine I am overweight thus not entitled to an opinion as a Female? Females have communicated the exact same thoughts on Match many other sites. We don't need some young think he knows all that telling us how to conduct ourselves. Your bias towards older and not perfect in your mind women is appalling. Good luck kid you are going to need it.
 abmccray
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 11:37:19 AM

Well aren't you the rude one. Ada is a AFFLUENT suburb of a much larger city. Because I honestly choose a few extra pounds you determine I am overweight thus not entitled to an opinion as a Female? Females have communicated the exact same thoughts on Match many other sites. We don't need some young think he knows all that telling us how to conduct ourselves. Your bias towards older and not perfect in your mind women is appalling. Good luck kid you are going to need it.

- A few extra pounds MEANS overweight. Those are your words, not mine - it's the synonym. Why are you getting mad when I used your own self-descriptor? And no one cares what is "affluent" or not.

- Grand Rapids is a small city with a city population of less than 200,000 and a Metro Area of less than a million (compared to, say, the east side of the state, with 5,000,000 with the Detroit-Ann Arbor metro combination). Small city means a much less large pool to choose from. Sites such as Match (with a pay service) benefit from large turnover of professional/working individuals, which you don't get in small cities like Grand Rapids with a small Metro Area.

- Free sites cater more to people searching in larger distances/with less disposable income. That combination means that 50+ people, who move out of cities, and head towards retirement age, will typically do better on POF. With younger women, that tends to flip. The larger the metro area, the more jobless/lives with parents/single parents with little income flock to free sites, and drown out anyone else with mass messaging (scaring away a large portion of the female population).

- Match's layout and ability to permanently filter out "types" of people works against overweight and older people. because you can easily uncheck/ignore "types" of people in a search, and many/most people are going for a relatively small range of people, filtering out the majority. The layout itself is more likely to drown out "less attractive" people, meaning that it's easier to get lose in a crowd there.

My "know it all youngster" self did marketing work for a dating site and had access to these stats. -I- don't have a bias - life has a bias, and I'm just stating the statistics as they stand. I'm not making any personal judgments about you as a person, as I don't care/have no reason to.
 BrookeAda
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/6/2013 12:14:50 PM
Your gracious reply is most appreciated. A few extra pounds, overweight, curvy, about average , BBW will mean different things amongst different persons. I am not a size 2 yet not a large n lovely.
In your opinion how does one really answer that? Where would a non size 2 over 50 women in my city who is financially stable not looking for a sugar daddy stand a chance of meeting someone looking for companionship, dating? Meeting someone in a larger city would not pose a problem as my job travels with me however most people are looking for someone in their own area lending credence to what you pointed out.
My experience coupled with other Ladies tends to show a great success rate with POF vs Match.
 abmccray
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 12:33:40 PM
All I was pointing out was you labeling your post "from a woman's POV" as opposed to "my POV" posed some differences because of the differences in how dating sites work on differing demographics. If I was 50+, for instance, I would probably use POF in combination with E-Harmony, but instead of paying for E-harmony straight off; I would abuse their "free communication weekends" until I ran across someone worthwhile. As a young/mid 30's artist that hasn't completely lost his 20's body, I do best on Match/OKC, with this site and Eharmony being absolutely terrible for me. So it all shifts with demographics.

I think you have the best choice now, and I agree with what you say for your demographic; I was just clearing things up to say that the effect changes depending on who/where you are. Sorry if it came off confrontational, I've been writing instructional courses all day, and am in that mode of writing at the moment.
 BrookeAda
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/6/2013 12:42:11 PM
My apologies as well as my gratitude for your insight. Local demos do explain while some have better success with different sites. The how to describe your size debate is never an easy issue. Combining your looks and insight hard to believe you have not been snapped up by some lovely.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Which Dating Websites Have Good Results?