Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What's the best video game out      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HaloKitty
Msg: 20
view profile
History
What's the best video game outPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
If you liked FFX then give FFXIII a try (FFX-2 kind of sucked). It's got a pretty interesting story and the main character (Lightning) is one of the more interesting FF characters I've played.

You might like Fable 2 and Fable 3. The first was too short of a game for me, and the 3rd is almost there. It's a fun game either way and allows you to choose your own fate, either good or bad, or maybe a mix of both. It takes about 15 hours or so to play straight through, but the re-playability is pretty high because there are side quests you can do and you can get into the gambling and relationships and whatnot.

Definitely get caught up with the Halo games, but skip ODST. I'd even say skip Reach, too, but it wasn't THAT bad. 3 was the best, and 4 is actually pretty darn decent. Infinity (multiplayer) is fun, though I'm still unsure if I like the load outs (similar to COD) as they kind of take away the 'skill' aspect for me.

Cheers!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 21
view profile
History
What's the best video game out
Posted: 1/10/2013 7:37:05 AM
Mine too, but I am not a regular gamer ---
my 15yo son made me play it after I saw a video games awards thing, that had a cool trailer with a cute little girl playing with lady bugs...
I became emotionally attached to Clemintine--
(those who have played will understand)

I loved that game it's a combination between a roll playing game and a first person shooter type of game and every action you make determines the outcome of the game itself. I played it twice one being Mr nice guy and one being Mr ahole lol.

Wait until The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct comes out this year that's going to be a thriller of a game.

trailer link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B2KdJ--kRVo
 ShineOnBrightly
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/10/2013 6:10:32 PM

If you like RPG, my favorite would have to be Fallout 3.

Loved Fallout 3 and played it through several times. I'll probably still play it yet again. Also, Fallout: New Vegas was a nice sequel, and I played that several times, too.
 Ferric
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/14/2013 10:35:55 PM
I have to admit I'm a bit of a strategy junkie. I'm a fan of the Civilization games and the Total War series. I enjoy the time to think of turn-based games, but the Total War battles are real time so it gives a nice mix of turn-based and real-time experience. And there's a little bit of "leveling-up" even in these games with promotions for units or generals. Also, there's some really funny quotes on the loading screens, along with some more profound ones. I've also managed to learn a little geography and history along the way!

I was a real fan of Master of Orion I and II, a space based turn-based strategy series, though number III got too tedious even for me. I've really had a hard time finding a newer game in this genre that I like.

I also really liked the two Knights of the Old Republic games as far as xbox rpg games go, but the combat isn't as good as the Fable series.
 gloomysunday
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/14/2013 10:39:19 PM
For PS3 I say the best games are

Demon's Souls- Action RPG one of the hardest games I have ever played you can't just hack and slash your way though the game you have to really do a lot of dodge their attacks and pick good times to attack. Another great thing is you really have to think on class builds otherwise your not really going to stand a good chance against most boss fights.

Payday The Heist- I don't really play shooters that much online but with this being online only its fun, more fun with people you know instead of full of random people who don't play as a team.
 Backinblack4u
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/18/2013 5:01:11 PM

Payday The Heist- I don't really play shooters that much online but with this being online only its fun, more fun with people you know instead of full of random people who don't play as a team.

I just played the demo for that. Pretty good fun. And if you do have friends to play with and play as a team it will go great.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What's the best video game out