Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > How would you interpret this scenario?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 26
How would you interpret this scenario? Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
the cynic in me thinks, if she looked like scarlet johansen, you wouldn't be uncomfortable or confused with the attention and gifts. which is why you have no emotional response to give. but if she does look hot to you, and you still have no emotional response to give...well...you would do yourself justice to ask a therapist about that. because its going to happen to you again. not showing interest in females, tends to give them the room to express interest in you (ask any horn-dog who can't seem to get a woman to show an interest in him--they're too busy fending him off to do so.)

if you don't like her attention, walk in there the next time with a good looking female friend in tow. or as you said, go elsewhere--taco bell ain't whole foods, so you're body will be better as a result :)

i'd interpret it just as you did--you are getting unusual attention, so she wants something unusual (ie, not a burger order) from you. if you don't like that demand placed upon you, then you can fail to rise to the bait. but again, no offense, but i'd consider seeing a therapist, if you think emotional interaction is confusing to you. this is something learned at an early age, so if you haven't grasped it yet, there's no harm at all in getting an expert to help you grasp it now. like i said, you're going to be in more of these situations as life goes on. would you see an accountant if you had a tax problem? of course. why not see an expert about this situation?
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 27
How would you interpret this scenario?
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:28:57 PM
That b*tch!! How dare she? She gave you a free soda!! Never know what could be next!!! LOL.
Since your unemployed, why not apply for a job there. You could make taco's together!!!
 Zuglo65
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:40:52 PM

Next time a serving attendant asks you semi-personal questions about yourself, answer honestly. "I'm confused by human interaction. Please don't speak to me or I will have to resort to POF for interpretation."

LOL

Honestly, she seems nice, good on her for being welcoming to customers / other people, but it really, really makes me uncomfortable, the free drink and semi-personal question that obviously isn't asked to all the customers. I feel pressured to make an emotional response of some sort, and I have none to give. I'm probably not going back to that specific taco bell now, at least for a long time.

Good move. She is obviously desperate. *roll eyes*
BTW, I was asked how my date was more than once, so get off your high horse..
Never got a free drink tho, so on the other hand you might be onto something.
But if you get so scared that you thinking never going back, wonder how would you handle an actual date?
 LogansRun82
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:43:49 PM

My day has been good and thank you, seems a pretty polite response to me. If you really want to get cRaZy give some detail. Any anxiety issues that you are aware of? seems like an overreaction on your part.[/qupte]

It's def. a thing with me. Maybe I should go there more often and start up what is considered regular customer-to-long-time-employee chat as a way to get over myself.
 carolann0308
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:48:14 PM
"How is your day going?"

That is really personal question, and then she smiled afterwards? She has to be up to something, maybe she is going to approach you about helping her rob the place. The free soda is a dead giveaway. This b1tch is nothing but trouble. Your decision to avoid that Taco Bell is a smart one. I would suggest frequenting Chick Fil-et, those people are good Christians and would never comp a soda. ; )
 LogansRun82
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 1:12:05 PM

I would first inquire as to whether you have ever been diagnosed with a mild form of Aspergers. Confusion over (simple) emotional interactions is one symptom of this neurological syndrome.

That's a pretty pretentious way to put down another human. I read her body language and gestures as being inappropriate and you're just going to say "Asperger's syndrome" because of that? I think you have a really, really vague idea of how people with that disorder interact, I've met plenty of people with that disorder and there's a /lot/ more to it than just finding specific interactions uncomfortable.
 msright78
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/30/2012 1:13:02 PM
hahaha I went into a restaurant right next to my work. Meh, thought to try the food out. The guy in there was quite nice but clearly I wasn't even paying attention to him.

Went in there few more times afterwards cuz I really liked the food. And he gave me a brownie for free. Of course we flirted everytime I went in there and I liked the flirtation and that's all it was that time.

So I wouldn't read into it so much. He was forward enough to give me his digits.

So if u like this girl, give ur digits out to her. No harm no foul.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/30/2012 1:25:13 PM

hahaha I went into a restaurant right next to my work. Meh, thought to try the food out. The guy in there was quite nice but clearly I wasn't even paying attention to him.

Went in there few more times afterwards cuz I really liked the food. And he gave me a brownie for free. Of course we flirted everytime I went in there and I liked the flirtation and that's all it was that time.

So I wouldn't read into it so much. He was forward enough to give me his digits.

So if u like this girl, give ur digits out to her. No harm no foul.

Haha..

I had breakfast at a small diner while waiting to have my car worked on. Young guy behind the counter said it was on him when I went to pay. I politely thanked him & even took him digits that he offered. My ex had a good laugh & called it having options.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 1:39:52 PM

"I'm confused by human interaction.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
OMG lol..Thanks

I guess when the man at the fruit stand gives me a free melon after 7 years of shopping there 3 times a week I should cringe and assume he just wants to sample mine, not think they are grateful to have a regular and he is just kind to a customer..I'm so dumb.

Oh geez the woman at the fruit stand gave me 2 free avocados last week..NOW WHAT?
She must want something too.

The bag boy at the Piggly Wiggly tried to take out my groceries yesterday the little perv..I must be the hottest freaking thing walking.
A man, a woman and a boy all within 2 weeks.
 auntyemm
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/30/2012 1:49:18 PM
You better not go there again! She sounds like the women from the movie Fatal attraction.She could even be worse then that...so be VERY VERY VERY CAREFUL and don,t accept anymore free drinks couse you never know.
 Whatheheck1
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 1:54:51 PM
How would I interpret the situation? Why would you care?

1) Do you find this girl attractive?
2) If so, ask the poor girl out!

Tell her she's finer than a cheese chalupa with extra sour cream!
 Hotmerlot
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/30/2012 6:14:44 PM
Relax unless you found her g-string stuffed into the bottom of your soda cup.

A man in a drive through line up got out of his car last week and walked over to mine, he closed the cover to my gas tank (I had accidently left it open) and when I went through the line I paid for his coffee as a way to say thank you. We had a polite mutually courteous moment without ravishing each other.

I'm not sure but I think the population on this planet is around 7 billion people. Roughly half those folks are female and at some point one of them may do you a courtesy. Stop over analyzing these small moments or you won't be able to eat out anywhere, or shop or pay bills.
 Orionthehunter9
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/30/2012 6:18:42 PM
What male doesn't love free taco??
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 9:59:21 PM
""I would first inquire as to whether you have ever been diagnosed with a mild form of Aspergers. Confusion over (simple) emotional interactions is one symptom of this neurological syndrome."

That's a pretty pretentious way to put down another human. I read her body language and gestures as being inappropriate and you're just going to say "Asperger's syndrome" because of that? I think you have a really, really vague idea of how people with that disorder interact, I've met plenty of people with that disorder and there's a /lot/ more to it than just finding specific interactions uncomfortable."

Logan,
I have a son about your age.
I was responding, solely, to your description of the interaction and your stated reaction. I was not attempting any put down or any character assassination.
I stand by my quick assessment - I think you have a mild form of Aspergers.

If a natural act of human interaction elicited in you an emotionally traumatic response to the degree that you would resolve not to return to a place of commerce, you have an issue that needs to be resolved. If a free drink is sufficient to wig you out, you have an issue that needs to be resolved. A diagnosis of High functioning Aspergers is not a demeaning response. Nor would I demean someone with Aspergers, mild or otherwise. I have wondered for years as to whether my son's mother has a sub-clinical instance of Aspergers - she, on the other hand, would attest that I was decidedly clinical something.

Nothing you have related as to this incident strikes me as being anything other than normal and ordinary. Looking at your photo I could even imagine she thought you were of reasonable attraction - sufficient for her to show some attention. Asking how your day has been is normal interaction. She is not inquiring as to your desire to father her child(ren).

I would ask have you ever been emotionally intimate / romantically involved with a woman yet (I'm not asking physically intimate). If not, why not? No shame if not (frankly it took me a while as well - I'm an introvert), but it might provide clues as to your response to this situation. And why it was so traumatic that you posted it in this forum seeking comment?

As for my comment having been "pretentious," I was neither striving for self-importance or affecting importance nor was I attempting to look or sound important. My concern was for a young male, on the cusp of adulthood, not having the necessary tools for effective adult interactions.

TK
 kasandroid
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/30/2012 10:51:21 PM
Well if your a regular there and are unemployed maybe she heard you talking about it and gave you a free drink?

Maybe you were uncomfortable because you had more Taco Smell in your body and that was heartburn you were feeling?

I would be more concerned with why you are a regular at Taco Smell? That stuff is not natural. Once in residence at College my friend came over with her TACO SMELL TAKEOUT and ate it in my bedroom.

Now you know that stuff is not natural when it takes 3 days for your bedroom to stop stinking.

So why would you do that to yourself? Is this like a SuperSize Me experiment, I bet that toxic stuff must be oozing out of your pores if your a regular.

I'd worry about that more, also if your unemployed go buy a TACO KIT from the grocery store.

Wow I only ever ate there once...thought I was gonna die.
 RecklessBuddha
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/30/2012 11:15:54 PM
You should ask her on a date and take her to taco bell to eat.
 danielrexhamiltongmail
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/30/2012 11:42:08 PM
Any update? This story seems common. I have given and received free drinks before and it wasn't about flirting.
In addition you never told us if you ordered and she gave the drink free after you ordered?
If your such a regular you might want to approach her tell her your name make a joke like "you might know me as order number such and such..." ask her name and if she would like to relax after work by going to the movies...
It sounds like ya'll like each other though
 safaa30
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2012 6:22:39 AM
Oh dear. We cant win can we? Be nice and friendly, we lose the customer. Be mean and cold, still lose them. Oh well hey ho...
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/31/2012 6:30:33 AM
If you are really uncomfortable, just leave your money on the counter and say "Thanks, but I prefer to pay."

I agree that she is just providing a "regular" with the kind of inexpensive thanks that many businesses encourage--it is just good customer relations. But not everyone is comfortable receiving such thanks, and that's ok, too.
 mrwonderf1
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2012 6:38:02 AM
man, what is really the problem drink the drink and shut up... wish I got one
 natalkah
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/31/2012 6:48:28 AM
That you have an an unrealistic approach to what customer service is about; I managed a caravan park in Darwin ...I often gave free nights to regular customers and asked them how their trip was, these are the small things that I have learnt that keeps them coming back. The fact that you feel uncomfortable about it amazes me.........what are you doing on this site...........heaven forbid that a women sends you a message saying your hot.
 OutMind
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/31/2012 6:51:20 AM

Screw her brains out and be done with it.

Thank god a woman said this.

Yo quiero taco bell!!
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/31/2012 6:58:07 AM
All of this mocking surprises me. This isn't a troll / attention seeking post. This person is obviously uncomfortable/unsure and turned here for some validation or questioning if anyone else has felt this way in this situation. It reminds me of play ground bullies making fun of someone for expressing their feelings.
 rockstar_nj1182
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/31/2012 8:26:31 AM

All of this mocking surprises me. This isn't a troll / attention seeking post. This person is obviously uncomfortable/unsure and turned here for some validation or questioning if anyone else has felt this way in this situation. It reminds me of play ground bullies making fun of someone for expressing their feelings.

Have you seen his profile? It's a little hard to take it seriously.

But in case he is being honest: Next time, just act real smooth and be like "just thinking I should put some meat in your taco". Either she'll learn never to ask you personal questions like how your day is going anymore, or you'll get laid for the clever use of where she works for your innuendo. Either way, I'm sure it'll solve the problem of her trying to actually talk to you.
 LogansRun82
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2012 3:01:49 PM

Logan,
I have a son about your age.
I was responding, solely, to your description of the interaction and your stated reaction. I was not attempting any put down or any character assassination.
I stand by my quick assessment - I think you have a mild form of Aspergers.

Given the minute amount of information that this thread contains about me, I'll be less rash as I put myself in your shoes and say that this isn't a stupid assessment. I was too quick to lash out at you the first time but I'll still guarantee you that the symptoms of Aspergers Syndrome are more specific than just discomfort in situations like this.

If a natural act of human interaction elicited in you an emotionally traumatic response to the degree that you would resolve not to return to a place of commerce, you have an issue that needs to be resolved.

Who said that threads here need to be based off a traumatic event in order to have conversion? Just because I'm sharing something that happened with you doesn't mean I was traumatized over it. I'm just looking for forum-conversation because it's fun and stimulating.

But, considering that this is the internet and you are not familiar with me, it isn't illogical to assume that I /did/ overreact. After all I called you pretentious and un-informed because I thought you might have been a college freshmen who just took his first psychology course, so...you're entitled to read me with whatever first impressions you had.

If a free drink is sufficient to wig you out, you have an issue that needs to be resolved. A diagnosis of High functioning Aspergers is not a demeaning response.

Having issues? Yes. But from what I know about aspergers I don't see that being the issue here.

Looking at your photo I could even imagine she thought you were of reasonable attraction - sufficient for her to show some attention.

/Yes./

Asking how your day has been is normal interaction. She is not inquiring as to your desire to father her child(ren).

I understand she wasn't.

I would ask have you ever been emotionally intimate / romantically involved with a woman yet (I'm not asking physically intimate).

Yes I have, emotionally.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > How would you interpret this scenario?