Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > How would you interpret this scenario?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OutMind
Msg: 45
How would you interpret this scenario? Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Screw her brains out and be done with it.

Thank god a woman said this.

Yo quiero taco bell!!
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 46
How would you interpret this scenario?
Posted: 12/31/2012 6:58:07 AM
All of this mocking surprises me. This isn't a troll / attention seeking post. This person is obviously uncomfortable/unsure and turned here for some validation or questioning if anyone else has felt this way in this situation. It reminds me of play ground bullies making fun of someone for expressing their feelings.
 rockstar_nj1182
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/31/2012 8:26:31 AM

All of this mocking surprises me. This isn't a troll / attention seeking post. This person is obviously uncomfortable/unsure and turned here for some validation or questioning if anyone else has felt this way in this situation. It reminds me of play ground bullies making fun of someone for expressing their feelings.

Have you seen his profile? It's a little hard to take it seriously.

But in case he is being honest: Next time, just act real smooth and be like "just thinking I should put some meat in your taco". Either she'll learn never to ask you personal questions like how your day is going anymore, or you'll get laid for the clever use of where she works for your innuendo. Either way, I'm sure it'll solve the problem of her trying to actually talk to you.
 LogansRun82
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2012 3:01:49 PM

Logan,
I have a son about your age.
I was responding, solely, to your description of the interaction and your stated reaction. I was not attempting any put down or any character assassination.
I stand by my quick assessment - I think you have a mild form of Aspergers.

Given the minute amount of information that this thread contains about me, I'll be less rash as I put myself in your shoes and say that this isn't a stupid assessment. I was too quick to lash out at you the first time but I'll still guarantee you that the symptoms of Aspergers Syndrome are more specific than just discomfort in situations like this.

If a natural act of human interaction elicited in you an emotionally traumatic response to the degree that you would resolve not to return to a place of commerce, you have an issue that needs to be resolved.

Who said that threads here need to be based off a traumatic event in order to have conversion? Just because I'm sharing something that happened with you doesn't mean I was traumatized over it. I'm just looking for forum-conversation because it's fun and stimulating.

But, considering that this is the internet and you are not familiar with me, it isn't illogical to assume that I /did/ overreact. After all I called you pretentious and un-informed because I thought you might have been a college freshmen who just took his first psychology course, so...you're entitled to read me with whatever first impressions you had.

If a free drink is sufficient to wig you out, you have an issue that needs to be resolved. A diagnosis of High functioning Aspergers is not a demeaning response.

Having issues? Yes. But from what I know about aspergers I don't see that being the issue here.

Looking at your photo I could even imagine she thought you were of reasonable attraction - sufficient for her to show some attention.

/Yes./

Asking how your day has been is normal interaction. She is not inquiring as to your desire to father her child(ren).

I understand she wasn't.

I would ask have you ever been emotionally intimate / romantically involved with a woman yet (I'm not asking physically intimate).

Yes I have, emotionally.
 Hapworth
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/31/2012 3:10:10 PM
The answer is quite simple, and I will use the guy-centric (read: sexist) "getting to all four bases with a woman" lingo (non-US readers might not follow the baseball terminology).

Free drink=1st base (possibility of kissing)
Free taco=2nd base (possibility of under-the-blouse fondling)
Free 7-layer-burrito=3rd base (possibility of under-the-skirt touching)
Free Nachos Bel Grande=You Score!!!
 starlitelady
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/31/2012 6:34:57 PM
She is a worker in a very public place where lots of people come and go. Perhaps she asks the same question of a lot of people..not just you. You could have said "Thank you for the drink. My day has been great. " and then took your drink and went to sit or leave. I would bet she was just being friendly as most people are who work in those kinds of places. For you to think you were singled out for anything other than a polite comment is really funny, I think. Just my opinion.
 serenity303
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2012 6:53:27 PM
I wouldn't necessarily stop going there or take it as her coming onto you or anything. She may have been having a good day and it could have been a random act of kindness. There is a possibility she may find you attractive but it doesn't mean that you have to respond in kind. A simple thank you and smile in return should be fine. If she is trying something and you don't respond to it, she'll stop. If it was random or she's just a friendly person in general, it may or may not happen again. Either way I wouldn't place too much on it just yet.
 BlackVelvet7
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2012 7:01:03 PM
Jesus Christ! Grow up and get your hand out of your pocket! Maybe she realizes you are a 'regular' customer and maybe she is a caring human being, just wondering how your day was. Maybe you had a funny look on your face or she thought you needed a friendly lift. GOD! Who do you think you are? Semi-personal question - How's your day going? Get over yourself!
 GangnamStyle1969
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/31/2012 8:49:12 PM
Logan why don't you just ask her a personal question since she's doing it. She might be just being nice or she could be interested in you but there's noway of knowing unless you make the next move.
 The_Whole_of_the_Moon
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/31/2012 8:57:14 PM

All of this mocking surprises me.It reminds me of play ground bullies making fun of someone for expressing their feelings.

Welcome to the forums. Please remember these are adults exercising their right too freedom of speech.

Intelligence nor reading comprehension skills are a requirement.
 gcdeb
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/31/2012 9:17:37 PM

I was a moderator on another site with very active forums for several years.

On the site owner's instructions, we moderated quite tightly in terms of disrespectful posts. In fact the moderators there were introduced *specifically* to clean up the forums and stop threads descending into nastiness. And it worked - there were still some pretty blunt discussions but people 'behaved in a much more socially acceptable way than before.

Having said that, internet forums are, generally speaking, not for the faint-hearted.
 natalkah
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/4/2013 6:07:17 AM
Playground bullies don't give their victims time to express their feelings! Personally I can't understand ANY woman wanting a man that is not interested in her........where is her pride and self respect? He's not the only man in the world, where are her boundaries? She's setting herself up and the question begs to be asked.....WHY!
 THEMEPACK
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/4/2013 6:18:24 AM
Women are just like men..she wants in your pants.....sooner or later.
 natalkah
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/4/2013 7:06:31 PM
olops I put this in the wrong place..........I'm dislecix, always get things a.se about.
 natalkah
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/4/2013 7:14:12 PM
Re: mild form of Aspergers. my grandson has Aspergers and he would try and make the most of the situation and if didn't work to his advantage, he would think the woman didn't see in him the qualities he believes he has. I don't believe anyone is trying to demean him....but it's just so funny
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/4/2013 8:02:09 PM

This thread is another example of the piranhas attacking the most vulnerable, a young, inexperienced person who has probably posted a thread here for the first time. Putting down and making cruel remarks about the OP to the point of making a medical diagnosis: bunch of ignoramuses.

OP, just ignore all the blathering meanies

Ignore all these people who want to attack you: obviously they have problems of their own.

Cruelty and humour may have a thin line at times, but individuals who attempt to make a point,of pointing out "cruel remarks", then,in turn, they insult everyone,lmao, gets me laughing every time...

It's just absolutely mind boggling that some of these people, probably most of those who are middle age, are parents. And if people want to say, he's 18, he's an adult: be aware, people mature differently. That should be more than clear to someone who has been a parent, and it is generally clear to anyone who reads, with awareness, the posts on a forum like this, posts coming from people of all ages with a huge spectrum of maturity levels, no matter what the chronological age.

Minds can get boggled at times that is a given...I think most people did not need this explanation, though...

Lay people who make medical diagnoses are totally lame and pathetic.

I will have to try that method next time, I encounter the sort...

OP, you are looking at a human like they are a piece of the corporation, (how you wrote your scenario) a server...I have worked in the fast food industry, and have known others who had as well, and I always found it friggin funny (like I do most things), that "customers" would look down and have condescending attitudes, to the"order takers" , in these positions, yet they still truck their ass to the chemical laced joint to pick up their disgusting "food" on a regular basis...

Maybe adjust your ego?...
 annywn
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/4/2013 8:19:45 PM
A quick story, about 20 year ago I worked at a burrito stand the same guy cam in everyday, and I really wanted to know about him but he was always so shy,,,I though no he likesme. He then started bringing a girl with to lunc everyday, and well, there goes my answer.
ran in to him many years later......we were both attached at that point and I said sooooooooooooooooooowhat was with all the eyeballing me down ,,,but you would talk to me. He said he was scared shitless. so he brought hi SISTER! ugh....and I have up on it assuming he had a gf. bite the bullet
 annywn
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/4/2013 8:28:30 PM
I would first inquire as to whether you have ever been diagnosed with a mild form of Aspergers. Confusion over (simple) emotional interactions is one symptom of this neurological syndrome.

wow who said that???someonewith Asbergers doesn't have leprosy you tool.no one has to devuldge ther PRIVATE medical health to you or anyone else.I think their doctors and such, ya know, the ones with a degree, have those answers.Far to forward and insenitive asking such from a stranger.
 i_ski_do_u
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/4/2013 8:54:09 PM
They are in the texting generation, so no worries about her calling. She'll text him. Will texting lead to a decrease in the population because if the texting generation is uncomfortable talking to one another, how are they ever going to be comfortable actually touching? Hmmmm, I'll text sweet nothings to your phone; not quite the same as whispering sweet nothings in your ear. Well, maybe that will work as they will both be starring at their phone. Is it time for a foreplay app for your phone? Oh my that feels so good............ don't bother me now, I just downloaded the sex app for my phone!!!
 i_ski_do_u
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/4/2013 9:04:13 PM
Women are just like men..she wants in your pants.....sooner or later.
Yup, for a woman the shortest way to your gold card is through your pants.
 rightasatrivet
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2013 9:18:30 PM
Here's a lesson, Kid ...

Back before the age of computers and texting, people actually had to flirt/ask each other out in person! Old folks like me remember these days with fondness ...

If you're attracted to the girl, and she seems nice, why would you not be flattered and ecstatic that she flirted with you?

If you're not attracted, why do you need to avoid Taco Bell? Is she not even friend material?

How your day is going is not a personal question. It's a nice question. I ask people that all the time ... it's because I care and I'm a thoughtful person. Perhaps she wasn't even really flirting, she may have felt bad for you for having such a bad attitude.

Sigh. Young people today! Ha ha ha
 northwoodsgirl1
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/9/2013 8:40:29 AM
she's just being nice and doing her job....keep going there, you might get free nachos next time :)
 Linda41289
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/9/2013 8:23:18 PM
She likes you.
If your not interested just say, "can I get a free drink for my gf, too?" :)
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/10/2013 5:37:31 AM
wow who said that???someonewith Asbergers doesn't have leprosy you tool.no one has to devuldge ther PRIVATE medical health to you or anyone else.I think their doctors and such, ya know, the ones with a degree, have those answers.Far to forward and insenitive asking such from a stranger.

No ... but nothing wrong with pointing a kid to some possible solutions to what are possible social issues for him (if you happen to have noticed his previous posts about online dating and his comments about autism). Nothing wrong with saying, "hey, stop and think" to posters to minimize damage either. Nothing like posting about a confusing social issue to have society slap your hand :) This is a relationship board. Relationship is by definition how you relate to someone and it was a very appropriate topic for the board, IMO. That's what it is here for?

Op, I'm curious whether or not you went back and she acted the same way.

LCDizme12
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/10/2013 5:59:47 AM
My guess is she wasn't hot enough. I am sure if she was, there would be a different ending to this ridiculous story.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > How would you interpret this scenario?