Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bellydancinggirl
Msg: 44
view profile
History
I've never been so devastated...Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I so agree with you...

So the poor guy was human and let his heart get involved, we are all humans. I am 46 and let someone get the better of me, it can happens to any one of us.
It hurts and the hurt will go away and he will find another real woman
 Deltah3avy
Msg: 46
I've never been so devastated...
Posted: 1/18/2013 2:22:48 PM
News flash! Women are notorious for holding grudges for ridiculous amounts of time(often until death).

I actually feel for you because something similar actually happened to me. The entire working out bit etc. but i'd met the girl already... Anyway just let it go. The longer you hold on to this the longer it's going to hurt unnecessarily. No sense in crying over an ***hole in disguise.
 YourBrandNewGuy
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/18/2013 6:58:48 PM
Sorry this happened to you man, I don't think it's funny, pain is never funny.
You learned a lesson that will help you in the future.
You will meet a "real" nice girl one day.
Legally zero + zero =zero
 tooties30
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:01:50 AM
there is when men suck you in and rape you as my father is going to die and some one saying they no how you fell to suck you in and rape you i had to go to police and get my self tested at a hospital that sick to tell me his dad had the same just to get me into bed that sad
 NaturalBrookeAllison
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/1/2013 7:06:48 AM
I'm very sorry this happened to you. But in all this is quite common there is an entire show series on mtv about this called cat fish. the people are sick in the head and just want to be excepted and like to mess with good people. Ive been victim as well. All to common.
 dakatack
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/1/2013 12:49:21 PM
Move on, how in the world is someones heart broken over someone they never met, whats wrong with people today. My gosh you have serious issues even sharing that with people, no one is going to feel sorry for you.
PS Get a life.
 LadyMase
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/1/2013 12:57:46 PM
Score 1 women! WOOT

(Sorry dude, life's a **** and then you die.)
 AngelofHonesty
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/2/2013 4:55:54 AM
Ideally...you want to seek a way to get her back....I know men don't like to be taught a lesson.
Legally...Not a Damn thing.
Honestly.....Just suck it up, and move on, she acted upon what she thought was revenge...but really she didn't accomplish shit but make herself look even more desperate , I mean think about it, she took all that time to plan and waste tricking you instead of getting over her pain and moving on, she emphasized the word BITTER, yeah she pulled the wool over your eyes, but your clue should have been...PERFECT, really a perfect person doesn't exist anyhow. I always say PAIN can make you stronger or bitter, she obviously didn't take the high road....forget about it!!!!
 jerry602000
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2013 1:27:22 PM
I believe his story. People do this kind of thing all the time online. People who are unattractive or undesirable in some way get to experience someone desiring them. It'a a fantasy trip for them and something they need to feel loved and appreciated. Sometimes they just don't realize how much they hurt the other person when they allow someone to fall in love with them. I'm not sure this woman really was out to hurt you as much as she was hoping you'd realize that looks didn't matter and you might have wanted her after all. Well, sadly it does matter. A person doesn't have to be beautiful or hot, but each of us looks for a certain look in a person that we are personally attracted to and sending fake photos isn't the way to a persons heart.

I was talking with a very nice young man who sent me his photo. He was very attractive and we talked on and off for a few months until he finally told me he was really a male trapped in a female body and had misrepresented herself. Rather than becoming angry, I thanked her for being honest and asked to speak with her over the phone. She explained her life to me and the pain she has endured for being as she is. I understood and said some supporting words to her and continued to chat with her anyway. It's important to realize that everyone isn't what they want to be and fantasy is an outlet for them. What better place than online? Just recognize that fact and if you like the person and feel there is potential, meet right away and confirm your feelings, or you risk not only that this person misrepresented herself, but you'll realize your true feelings. It's much too easy to fall in love online because our imagination plays a big role in making the person perfect in our mind, but after meeting and getting to know them a bit, that special feeling can leave you rather quickly. Online is to make contact. Getting to know someone should follow as soon as possible or the risk of getting hurt or disappointed is high.

I'm speaking from experience. I met a guy online and we both fell in love. We talked and talked and seemed a perfect match. This went on for a couple months before he came to visit. He was VERY handsome, but good looks can go so far. We found within a short talk that we had nothing in common at all. We were totally different personalities with different interests and views of life. We both found ourselves turned off, yet over the phone it was pure love and tears.
We made the best of the day and we parted.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >