Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Need help getting over her.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 makavali7dayz3
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Need help getting over her.Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
If someone strings you along then they aren't worth it. If someone cares for you they will be open and honest at all times. I am in a similar situation with my ex. I am working on myself at this point and i keep her updated on how well i am doing. I send her flowers on her birthday and v-day. I am confident she will come back to me after she sees how much better i am than the other men out there. I was immature and lost when we met, and she wasn't. She needed a man and i was a boy. I am a man now and i am ready to be with her, so i know it will work this time.

Do you and you will attract someone equal or better. I promise.

Funny girl is a jerk. She put down a man who was in desperate need of help and support in another thread. She clearly hates other human beings. She needs to go join a hate group or something. HOLD YA HEAD BRO.

I was convinced my ex was Had NPD. You need to understand the difference between self love and NPD. I told my ex she had NPD and she blocked me. You want to be very careful diagnosing people without a degree.
 JeffSch2011
Msg: 45
Need help getting over her.
Posted: 1/14/2013 9:24:43 PM
Maybe she strung me long or maybe she didn't. Shannon wanted time to herself because of what I have done. I broke her heart, I can't forgive myself for doing it, but I promise that I will not ever make that mistake again. We probably should not have dated each other to begin with.
 makavali7dayz3
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2013 9:29:37 PM
I am just repeating what you said bro. You said she strung you along. Red flag in my opinion. Move on. You deserve better. You should stop saying her name btw. Create emotional distance
 JeffSch2011
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/14/2013 9:51:43 PM
Yes, I did say that. I do agree with you that I deserve someone better. She only exists as a memory now. Lately, I am focusing on other stuff and not her. I figure my passion lies in music and school. More opportunities should come my way, and ofcourse, a much better young lady.:)
 makavali7dayz3
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 7:59:54 AM
I just feel like your opinions are very negative. I think people tend to use the word stalk and stalker way to freely. I don't think this gentleman is stalking his ex. If you want someone back and you go about it in a respectful manner then there is no problem.

I agree that he handled the situation wrong and he was most likely annoying her. He needs to say i like you and can we try and get back together. He needs to leave her alone after that. I respect your opinion and your entitled to it. I just didn't love the way you expressed it.

I'm sorry you were stalked. I dated a few women who were stalked and it's some scary stuff. I would rather have a arm chopped off then to be classified as a stalker. There is no lower form of man.
 carliux
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/16/2013 2:32:53 PM
We are in the same boat. And I understand your pain. She asked for space, and I never truly gave her space. However, it was a bit different, because I also suspected that she was asking for space to see other guy.
It made me confused too, because at times she asked for space and got mad when I tried contacting her, and all of a sudden the next day after she has put me down the previous day, she would ask me to come see her. I didn't come because I was hurt how she was putting me down. Then she kept asking for a 6 months break.

Fast forward this Holidays I found a fake facebook profile of her, and she had some pics with the guy I was doubting she was dating.

She never said sorry and all that said it was my fault for not giving her space.

So until now I am still grieving and it has not been easy. I thought she was the love of my life,, like you say..... But as you can see that sometimes it is not our fault. If she needed space then why she was dating other guy? It was merely an excuse to let me go and keep me as a backup (reason asking for a 3 or 6 month break).... And yes she blocked me from everywhere you can name. With no apparent reasons of any big mistake I have done to her.
 JeffSch2011
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/16/2013 3:04:26 PM
Yup. It is similar to what you are talking about. Supposedly, if I had given her space, then things would have become better. It appeared to be more of an bullshit excuse. Yet, she still talked to me and wanted to hang out. Dude, I was only left confused and pissed. Between the whole thing of lets be friends, I want you in my life crap, I ended up getting tired of dealing with it.
 JeffSch2011
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/16/2013 3:12:02 PM
Whether she was intentionally doing it or not, she was playing with my emotions; a mind game.
 carliux
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/16/2013 3:22:26 PM
We are totally in the same spot. It sounds as you are describing the same girl...amazing...

I hate when they play mind games....First she needed a break, then she needed 6 months break, then she would act as she wants to fix it, and even asked me why I did not come for the "monthsary", (Of course she was asking for a break), then she would say lets continue the break, and then lets be friends...and once I accepted the friendship she said "I dont think we can be friends".....It was total wrecking...and then finding out she was dating that guy and trying to hide it....and until now not apologizing or anything, just block me off everywhere, as I am the one who played with her. Total BS, specially when you have not done any big reasonable mistakes...

Don't feel guilty, it is not your fault, they have reasons behind, they can't just commit yet...Im sure if you ignored her during the break she would tell you "you forgot about me, so I moved on"......that is the way they are, just playing mind games and finding excuses. I hope you feel better.
 JeffSch2011
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/19/2013 12:41:31 PM
Yeah. I feel better. Not worth thinking about what if, what could have been, and why. Things are definitely over for the most part. I am trying find my place of happiness at this time, so I can then be ready for the next relationship. Quite a long period of healing for me.
 KToned53
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/30/2013 10:32:46 AM
Its hard to move on. Have not been With Allison for 13 months , but still love her so much. I hear her name all the time, the music i hear, i think of her, Every day i think of her, But there nothing i can do. I have tried but only seen that i was stalking her. Even though i did not look at that way. Time is the only cure, Some day i will get over her or get her back. You will too
 JeffSch2011
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:41:21 AM
I really don't deserve her. I actually admit to being emotionally abusive to my ex girlfriend. I don't want to make that mistake again. My father was a very emotionally abusive towards our family. I did it, not realize that I did it to her. It bothers me alot, but nothing can be done. Everyday, I end up thinking of her still, no matter what I am doing. I feel alot better, ever since I started this thread. Why won't my mind let thoughts of her go?
 BrattyBrownEyes
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/4/2013 12:18:53 AM
First loves are the hardest to get over. All of us have been there so sorry for what you're going through. What you're missing is the way this girl made you feel. Happy, loved, special. Guess what champ? There are other ways to feel those emotions. Go find them. Get out and do things that make you happy and when you remember her don't forget to remind yourself of what a great guy she walked away from.
 jackwebb87
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/7/2013 4:16:18 PM
best thing to do inmy exp. go out and get a rebound, and just keep hittin that while ur mind slowly drifts off of her and into something new.
 outdoorsguy2099
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:26:53 PM
i am in exact same boat as u,i just got dumped a month ago after 5 months,first girl i ever fell in love with and she left me cause she said i changed,i wasnt perfect but i loved her and her kid, i did everything to get her back and it pushed her away ,i cry everyday and i think im a failure,cause it was my fault it ended,just keep ur head up high man, noones perfect and one day u will fall in love again, i have a hard time but its wat we have to do.
 Mishellelavee
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2013 1:33:26 PM
Also, 5 months is not a long time. To your heart it is. But I think because it has been your only girlfriend.. that might be more the issue. If she is not into you anymore, the only thing you can do is move on. The LONGER it takes you to let go of her, the longer it will be that you will find your happiness. Start tomorrow looking forward. You know what you have to do. She has given you an obvious answer, now its up to you to move full speed ahead! :-)
 Seraphial1
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/11/2013 7:03:07 PM
It is good to know everyone goes through the same pain. It does not make it any easier, but it makes it easier to swallow. I have my own story of pain, very similar, but it is my private story. Airing it will not make it easier, but my ex fiance of 8 months left me 3 months ago. Yes, I broke the rules, made an idiot of myself chasing and texting her, which only drove her away and made her stop all contact. I have been told it is the power of the pouch to put it nicely. Once someone gets into your heart and head, well it is very hard to get them out ...
 WOU89
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/11/2013 10:08:04 PM
I was with a girl 18 months. We had a band together, we traveled the states together playing music. We were engaged , i took her V card and it was perfect. She left for a vacation in Israel for 2 months, she never came back that was 1 year ago this weekend. After 5 months apart she said I am not coming back, you can come here but I have a new man. She dumped me right there 7 months ago. For months I tried getting her back, reminding her of our music, our band and all we shared. I did so much for her, adopted her dogs, sold her stuff and sent her a total of $2000 of her money and I never saw her after that day I kissed her goodbye at the airport. 2 months ago she emailed me, saying she had sex with this new guy and was engaged to him, all within 4 or 5 months of dumping me, her first and her ex-fiance.

I tell you guys this because there is always someone out there who has it rougher then you. I have it rough, but someone is going through something worse. I feel pain all the time still over this loss but still have hope it will be better and you should to.
 xKayron
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/12/2013 12:14:03 AM
Wow @WOU89 ..thats messed up foreal. Some women are really ****ing nuts.
 AxemanMixer
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2013 9:12:47 AM
I know what your going through except I had 9 year marriage and two kids invested. It's all about starting over and that can be a difficult thing to do. I tell myself this every day and its difficult. I took an extra job to pay for the divorce and stay busy. Now with 1.5 jobs, there's no time for anything else. (some people say its unhealthy to get this absorbed into work... they may be right!)

Stay strong, one step in front of the other. Many of us are walking a similar path.
 WOU89
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/12/2013 7:13:55 PM
@ xOohwee

Its indeed rough, but as I am trying to say to the OP you cant let it take you out completely. The world goes on and so must you, even if your alone for a long time you gotta have hope.
 vibrantshe
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/12/2013 9:49:46 PM
I knew a man some years back who told me the day before his wedding his fiancé left him for his best friend. He told me he had gone to the airport to pick up her parents and when they got home, the girlfriend wasn’t there. They waited for a few hours for her to come home and finally, she called to tell him she wasn’t coming back.

I also used to work with a woman whose husband left her for her maid-of-honor the day after their wedding. She was pregnant with their daughter. She later married a friend of her ex-husbands’ and had two more children.

Even though I have had my heart broken, I am very thankful I have never had such a bad experience of betrayal.

I really wish I could understand what makes people so cruel to the people they claim to care about.
 xKayron
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/13/2013 5:20:52 AM
Reading all of these stories make me not even want to find a relationship now wtf. Might as well be trying to murder somebody if you want to hurt them that much emotionally.

Then you go and try to get her/him back and all of a sudden you're the evil one. Sigh :/
 nirvanawithu
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/13/2013 2:19:34 PM
^^^^^^Ya Right?^^^^^^^
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Need help getting over her.