Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 36
Youngest/oldest person you would date?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
"The last date I had planned with someone who was 22 told me he needed to change the place we were going to go to because he dined and dashed on the restaurant a year ago."

>>>I realize the OP is now older, maybe wiser, and most definitely not here. Still, I have to point out, the embarrassment of following him into a restaurant isn't nearly as important to the health of the relationship, as the fact he once made the decision to steal food and a service. Odds are he could "Rationalize" behavior in the relationship. some people take a red flag personality, rather than call it a red flag and realize it means more than just a personal insult, but is a clue to leave the relationship. and then years later they come and complain about how they finally got on the receiving end of behavior they spotted long before.
 yourstillhere
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Youngest/oldest person you would date?
Posted: 7/23/2016 2:28:11 PM
I`m 48 and normally see women 10 years younger and 8-10 years older.
But there is this girl who is only 25 and we click.
I mean we click really good. I`ve played with the idea of going out and she`s all for it.
She`s VERY open to us getting together. We work together so its tough not to see her everyday, and tough not to talk to her when she walks past and she gives me that starry eyed look.
I know what`ll happen if we go out, we`re going to end up in bed screwing like dogs all night. The chemistry is there for real.
But come on though. I`m 48 she`s 25.
I am so tempted to go for it because if I walk away from this, regret sucks.
I am also tempted to walk away from this because if we get together, regret sucks.

I`m stuck........
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2016 4:10:54 PM
To go out on some dates -- just something casual? 18-100. It depends on how they look (and a decent persona). Most likely 21-55, as I'd want a gal I could go to the bar with usually (but great looks at 18-20 could override that of course) -- and a gal over 55 has a extremely high liklihood of not being FWB/casual-dates worthy for my taste (although possible).

For going-steady/being-an-item? For something where we'd be an item, but Not Aiming for an LTR: 23-45. Most likely 25-40.

For being LTR-worthy only: Pretty much the same thing, but most likely later 20s, and definitely below 40.
 Like2dance
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2016 11:39:55 AM
Currently I am dating a woman 20 years younger but I am open to those 25 to 10 years younger.
 green0eye0girl
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/25/2016 2:48:55 PM
I'm 42 and I usually go for 35=45. My husband was 11 years older, I was 18 he was 29 you could tell...by the time I was 35 and he was 46 you couldn't tell. He passed away at 52 and was extremely attractive and looked amazing for his age, I see men his age on here and I cringe thinking they look my like my dad not my boyfriend. I'm currently talking to a guy who's 43, looks great for his age and could easily attract a female in her late 20's early 30's and of course I asked him why he wouldn't be interested in a woman much younger then me and he said they are annoying. I was thinking someone younger might want kids/marriage which I assume is why he's interested in me because I'm not looking for that.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/25/2016 3:07:21 PM
All likes2dance GFs are 20 years younger! Never 22 years no, 20. Yes end of June you paid up on another site. Maybe 30 years younger a better match :)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2016 5:55:06 PM
When I was younger I liked older men but no more than 15 years gap. Now I am older I like them younger and again no more than a 15 year gap. For instance I had a profile on another dating site and had an age limit but one guy ignored that and got in touch. Quite a bit younger. We decided to meet and the rest is history.

Horses for courses. We like what we like. Dont limit your chances.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/25/2016 9:00:58 PM
There is a difference between dating and LTR .
For dating I went down to 22 years younger when I were in early 40s. when I was in my 20s I went out with 16 year older.
Before I meet my GF I didn't go after anyone who was older. I just couldn't do someone 16 years older when I'm in my late 40s. My GF now is 9 years younger. That works out well for me. I want to be attracted and turned on by her and most older women just do it for me. Yes I'm a very bad person and not politically correct.
 MrTJM
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/25/2016 11:25:09 PM
I figured I'd just an arbitrary decision of +/- 5 years off my age. That said, I don't think there's as many women who'd want to date a younger guy, as opposed to an older guy.
 somewhatJaded14U
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2016 12:51:54 PM
Generally 10-12 years younger,I have dated younger than this but I think that was just a fluke! and 5-8 years older! Once again I have dated much older than this and I think I was just plain lucky that time!
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/6/2016 7:44:56 AM
I'd actually go older before younger

let's see

about 42 up to 55 ish
 DawnLuvs2Dance
Msg: 47
Youngest/oldest person you would debate?
Posted: 9/2/2016 5:06:31 PM
I've pretty much always dated younger. Not planned it's just who I've been attracted to and vice versa. I was with my ex for 17 years and he was 13 years younger then I.

My current choice/preference over 40 and under 65 with my preference being 50ish. For me it's not so much about the age it's about interests and activities as well as attraction.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2016 8:17:18 PM
Well, my first wife was 7 years older than me, my second wife is 23 years younger.

I have covered a lot of bases.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/3/2016 7:34:36 AM
I've dated 25 years younger, but have only went 3 years older. I tend be like 3-5 years younger in average. Exhusband and I were the same age.
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/3/2016 7:24:28 PM
I'm 41. I have always liked older men because they frankly have their crap more together and play less games than younger males. But, as I age I find dating older men is a little more of an issue due to health coming into play. So now? I don't want a guy over 55 unless he's really in phenomenal health. I would never date younger, ever. I don't care if he's a millionaire with a two pound penis and a trust fund in my name - I don't trust young guys farther than I can throw them.
 cooldog65
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2016 4:58:30 AM
I'm willing to go barely legal to about 60 - 70 if she's Beverly Johnson's doppelganger.
 gtomustang
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/5/2016 7:24:20 AM
had to go look her up. yeah, she does wear her age well, and she went out and made her own business. nice!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2016 10:38:33 AM

I'm 41. I have always liked older men because they frankly have their crap more together and play less games than younger males.

TBH, I actually think this is about one's own imagination -- when it's always older than themselves from their 20s onward. There's more than enough guys (and gals) who have their aim/desires/mentality together in their later 20s. There's also plenty of guys older who bring drama (see forums here). I really don't think it's an age thing. I think it's the feeling that they're older. I admit, I've liked older women in my early 20s (35+). I wouldn't have to deal with a gal's internal drama and such, but actually -- yeah, it would spring up once in a while. And plenty of gals past the college-figuring-oneself-out phase didn't always bring a whole lot of internal drama. In fact, you can find plenty of people who've piled on a lot of baggage over the years and are set in their ways that's a bit off key. Again, I think it's just the Motif of them being older.

If it really was abut people having their stuff together -- when you're in your 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s, the age range of what you aim for would never change, and at some point, they wouldn't necessarily be older than you.
 Like2dance
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2016 12:52:26 PM
Although I have been "recycling" the 20 younger lady who was a long term (two year) girlfriend a few years ago she is now pushing a little too hard for marriage which is causing me to pull back and look around. I am sticking with the 15 to 25 years younger set who for whatever reasons continue to find me attractive.
 gcdeb
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2016 7:43:22 PM

My previous girlfriend was just over one year younger. One other girl I dated was just over one month older.
Let me fix that for you...

"My previous girlfriend was one year younger. One other girl I dated was the same age. "
We stop counting our age in months around 2.5 years old.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/6/2016 6:29:19 PM
I discovered that high maintenance isn't age specific.

Heck, a 62 year old told me her ex got her a promise ring before sex. Next...

I tried dating a 60 year old but I didn't like bookmarking Sinatra on my XM radio.
 Seki1949
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2016 10:51:06 PM

I tried dating a 60 year old but I didn't like bookmarking Sinatra on my XM radio.

To hit the Sinatra Generation you would need to be dating 70+ these days.
 kj521
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/7/2016 4:39:47 AM
^^^^^ You two are silly! It's not just women in their 60's and 70's that love Frank. Lot's of younger women adore him, too. And I, daresay, you might need to be more cautious of them.

What may start as a titillating strangers in the night, lying by a moon river with a warm, sweet summer wind blowing, once in a lifetime experience....could lead you to do something stupid. Before you know it her simple request of fly me to the moon becomes an urgent, fervent, intoxicating one of come fly with me.

Before that....I've got you under my skin.....kinda feeling takes hold and you start speaking love and marriage......

You have to ask yourself.....is she the girl from Ipanema? My funny Valentine?

No!! She is not!

The lady is a tramp! Who will always declare....I did it my way!

But....that's life. :)
 flman2015
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/7/2016 6:31:38 AM

The swirling slow waves of passion flowing out of The girl from Ipanema....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfnLWIQ5qU8

as the free fresh summer wind from across the sea passes through her hair, her sensuality spreads itself upon a stanger in the night to get under his skin ... that is her way to make him fly to the moon and make him feel his youth again.
 kj521
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/7/2016 8:41:13 AM
Yup, Mr. Flman....that girl from ipanema sure does appear to be rather exquiste.

Personally, I think she is more a conceit of her creator and the pursuit of which, nothing but a folly.

Of course, it could be that I prefer the freedom of spirit that emanates from the Tramp. I'm kinda indecent like that! ;)

But you never know...your fantasy may just be a Pof profile click away. :D
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >