Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Youngest/oldest person you would date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 46
Youngest/oldest person you would date?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'd actually go older before younger

let's see

about 42 up to 55 ish
 DawnLuvs2Dance
Msg: 47
Youngest/oldest person you would debate?
Posted: 9/2/2016 5:06:31 PM
I've pretty much always dated younger. Not planned it's just who I've been attracted to and vice versa. I was with my ex for 17 years and he was 13 years younger then I.

My current choice/preference over 40 and under 65 with my preference being 50ish. For me it's not so much about the age it's about interests and activities as well as attraction.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2016 8:17:18 PM
Well, my first wife was 7 years older than me, my second wife is 23 years younger.

I have covered a lot of bases.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/3/2016 7:34:36 AM
I've dated 25 years younger, but have only went 3 years older. I tend be like 3-5 years younger in average. Exhusband and I were the same age.
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 50
Youngest/oldest person you would date?
Posted: 9/3/2016 7:24:28 PM
I'm 41. I have always liked older men because they frankly have their crap more together and play less games than younger males. But, as I age I find dating older men is a little more of an issue due to health coming into play. So now? I don't want a guy over 55 unless he's really in phenomenal health. I would never date younger, ever. I don't care if he's a millionaire with a two pound penis and a trust fund in my name - I don't trust young guys farther than I can throw them.
 cooldog65
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2016 4:58:30 AM
I'm willing to go barely legal to about 60 - 70 if she's Beverly Johnson's doppelganger.
 gtomustang
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/5/2016 7:24:20 AM
had to go look her up. yeah, she does wear her age well, and she went out and made her own business. nice!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2016 10:38:33 AM

I'm 41. I have always liked older men because they frankly have their crap more together and play less games than younger males.

TBH, I actually think this is about one's own imagination -- when it's always older than themselves from their 20s onward. There's more than enough guys (and gals) who have their aim/desires/mentality together in their later 20s. There's also plenty of guys older who bring drama (see forums here). I really don't think it's an age thing. I think it's the feeling that they're older. I admit, I've liked older women in my early 20s (35+). I wouldn't have to deal with a gal's internal drama and such, but actually -- yeah, it would spring up once in a while. And plenty of gals past the college-figuring-oneself-out phase didn't always bring a whole lot of internal drama. In fact, you can find plenty of people who've piled on a lot of baggage over the years and are set in their ways that's a bit off key. Again, I think it's just the Motif of them being older.

If it really was abut people having their stuff together -- when you're in your 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s, the age range of what you aim for would never change, and at some point, they wouldn't necessarily be older than you.
 Like2dance
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2016 12:52:26 PM
Although I have been "recycling" the 20 younger lady who was a long term (two year) girlfriend a few years ago she is now pushing a little too hard for marriage which is causing me to pull back and look around. I am sticking with the 15 to 25 years younger set who for whatever reasons continue to find me attractive.
 gcdeb
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2016 7:43:22 PM

My previous girlfriend was just over one year younger. One other girl I dated was just over one month older.
Let me fix that for you...

"My previous girlfriend was one year younger. One other girl I dated was the same age. "
We stop counting our age in months around 2.5 years old.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/6/2016 6:29:19 PM
I discovered that high maintenance isn't age specific.

Heck, a 62 year old told me her ex got her a promise ring before sex. Next...

I tried dating a 60 year old but I didn't like bookmarking Sinatra on my XM radio.
 Seki1949
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2016 10:51:06 PM

I tried dating a 60 year old but I didn't like bookmarking Sinatra on my XM radio.

To hit the Sinatra Generation you would need to be dating 70+ these days.
 kj521
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/7/2016 4:39:47 AM
^^^^^ You two are silly! It's not just women in their 60's and 70's that love Frank. Lot's of younger women adore him, too. And I, daresay, you might need to be more cautious of them.

What may start as a titillating strangers in the night, lying by a moon river with a warm, sweet summer wind blowing, once in a lifetime experience....could lead you to do something stupid. Before you know it her simple request of fly me to the moon becomes an urgent, fervent, intoxicating one of come fly with me.

Before that....I've got you under my skin.....kinda feeling takes hold and you start speaking love and marriage......

You have to ask yourself.....is she the girl from Ipanema? My funny Valentine?

No!! She is not!

The lady is a tramp! Who will always declare....I did it my way!

But....that's life. :)
 flman2015
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/7/2016 6:31:38 AM

The swirling slow waves of passion flowing out of The girl from Ipanema....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfnLWIQ5qU8

as the free fresh summer wind from across the sea passes through her hair, her sensuality spreads itself upon a stanger in the night to get under his skin ... that is her way to make him fly to the moon and make him feel his youth again.
 kj521
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/7/2016 8:41:13 AM
Yup, Mr. Flman....that girl from ipanema sure does appear to be rather exquiste.

Personally, I think she is more a conceit of her creator and the pursuit of which, nothing but a folly.

Of course, it could be that I prefer the freedom of spirit that emanates from the Tramp. I'm kinda indecent like that! ;)

But you never know...your fantasy may just be a Pof profile click away. :D
 jessebunnies
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2016 7:13:59 PM
I almost always date younger up to about 10-12 yrs younger. Ideally I would love to find a man near my age but so far I haven't been attracted to any of them. I'm not attracted to older men at all.
 usernonymous
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/12/2016 5:31:09 AM
I've dated 14 years older and 13 years younger. For me, since I look younger and dress younger, finding a woman who is 5 to 10 years younger is not a problem, I have problems dating women my old age.
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/12/2016 3:07:21 PM

TBH, I actually think this is about one's own imagination

Of course there are exceptions to every rule, they are called generalizations for a reason. But the statistics do show the generalization exists. Compare the statistics of men born in the 50s & 60s to men born in the 80s & 90s. Look at the difference in between their education accomplishments, the standard age at which most married, the level of home ownership between these two groups, etc.

Of course most men in their 30s are not living in mom's basement playing beer pong and video games, but a good deal of them are compared to their older counterparts.

Besides, at 41? I got a daughter their age! I am saving up for retirement, I am coming into my golden years, getting yearly mammograms. What the hell am I gonna do with a college boy? Clean up after his frat party and do his homework? It reeks of shallow exploitation to stick my hooks into someone who has yet to accomplish major life goals. Other people can justify going after what are essentially kids compared to the 40s & up crew, but from my perspective the root of it is superficial. I would literally kill a man my age who tried to go after my 20 year old daughter - so why would I do it to someone else's kid? Its just nasty as far as I'm concerned...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2016 10:48:38 AM

Besides, at 41? I got a daughter their age! I am saving up for retirement, I am coming into my golden years, getting yearly mammograms. What the hell am I gonna do with a college boy?

It's not about college boys, though. Most 28 year olds are no college boy, nor any accurate generalization that they're making just $30k a year. You're right, generalizations can be generally accurate statistically. But your gut & influences can lead ya astray, and thinking any generalization is an accurate one. When you were 31 you could still date roughly the same age and they'd be beyond college boy. When you were 22, would you say "Oh, hell no -- not some young pup at 32! Too immature."? You're wanting that feeling of older than you for that feeling of security, even though at a Young age there is accuracy to that generalization, but once in your later 20s, it starts dropping. But that feeling's still there. It's far more driven by emotion as the years go on.
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/14/2016 11:23:50 PM

I've dated 25 years younger, but have only went 3 years older. I tend be like 3-5 years younger in average. Exhusband and I were the same age.

WOW Pluto....we live in the same city. I thought I recognized a Seahawks shirt from your thumbnail.

As far as the topic, youngest would probably be around 28-30 and oldest is 50. My fiance is 45 and the bf I had before him is now 46. I don't care for younger people for even platonic purposes. Of course it all depends on the individual but generally speaking, my threshold for men older than me is much higher than for younger dudes.
 cooldog65
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2016 9:31:52 AM
^^^^^ King and Pierce counties representing here. You like us older dudes...that's great!
 grover14
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2016 11:28:29 AM
I look at a couple years older to 5 years younger. I think you have more in common when you stay closer to your age. At 62, I don't want to try to keep up with a much younger woman.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2016 12:09:46 PM

I look at a couple years older to 5 years younger. I think you have more in common when you stay closer to your age. At 62, I don't want to try to keep up with a much younger woman.

In that narrow time span as opposed to widening it some, I don't agree. I mean, sure, 62 vs 22 -- obviously - lol. But I think having toddlers, having teens, having all kids moved out, having no kids VS the other -- plays a bigger role than a 10-15 year age gap, when both parties are solidly past their mid-20s.

I think the main motive isn't about what-we-have-in-common, even though we'd like to believe it is. Just as there's many people who are roughly our age +/- 4 years who are Clearly Don't have much in common, there are people 10-15 years older or younger who do have a lot in common. Moreso than actually date (with serious intent).

So why is there that big difference between those that have a lot in-common with a large age gap VS the # who actually date with serious intent, even when the looks are a-okay by each other's standards in the present? Because of Aging. A 25 year old may think the 45 year old guy is great looking and is -- but turned off because "he's old", and IMO, rightfully so by the concept... because what is he going to look like in 10-15 years VS she? Then another 10-15 years after that, is she going to want to have to take care of him? Factor in the at least slight disdain toward casual dating relationships & peer-watching noticing that clear age difference despite there still being attractiveness -- and it becomes a no-go.

If our bodies/health/looks aged 10x slower once we hit 21, things would be a Whole lot different. IMO, the automatic notion that we'd-have-less-in-common thing would go out the window to a large degree. Nobody could care/tell about a 32 year old dating a 72 year old. It'd be the same as the guy being 4 years older by our visual standards. And that's pretty much what it boils down to -- looks & health (and the forseen of each down the line).
 TheReason_
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2016 7:15:55 AM
Just ended a long distance relationship with someone quite a bit younger than me. She wanted me to quit my job and move there. It just didn't make sense in this economy. Now that we ended, I want someone closer to my age. Someone with grown children, I'm not interested in raising kids again. Someone with their affairs in order. Good job, own home etc.

I'm looking to retire in 12-14 years and I'd like to have someone in a similar situation.
 Roabie
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/6/2016 2:26:48 AM
Well, I'm only 18 so the youngest I'd go is 18... :P

In all honesty, I'd go as old as 30-35, but the only people in that old who message me almost always seem to be sexual so I just avoid it and put ranges lower. I don't seek out anyone in that age range because the average person likely isn't interested in having a relationship with someone that much younger; and I get that. Seeing how much I changed from just 14 and 18, I know that the future has a lot in store. Most folks seem to have rapid change from 14-25, so... yeah. Still. If we found common ground and had enough similar interests, I wouldn't dismiss them.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Youngest/oldest person you would date?