Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating in our 50's      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FunAndCoolGirl
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Dating in our 50'sPage 10 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
When I found myself back in the dating pool a year ago, I was under this illusion that dating after 50 would be so wonderful. Looking for love in the next phase of life without the worries of children, finances, futures. Just meeting someone who wanted to have fun, enjoy life, and fall in love again.

I have been so shocked at the expectations of intimacy at first meet.

I've had to change my age filters to keep the 20 and 30 somethings from messaging. My rule: If I could have given birth to you, we're not a match.

I've been stood up, I've been propositioned, I've been on the receiving end of rude and hurtful emails. And I have yet to meet one guy who is nice, sweet, sincere, and just wants to meet a nice, sweet, sincere girl.
 shonnah1
Msg: 227
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/16/2013 9:30:59 PM
omg---I never even got to a first date yet---but I been asked that on first conversations on here--A LOT! and it doesn't matter about age or profile or anything!! Big disappointment ! Thinking about "Giving up fishin" on this site anyway!
 shonnah1
Msg: 228
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/16/2013 9:36:25 PM
true -but I beleive it also goes the same way for women my age looking for a younger man--I like someone a little bit younger not for "stamina" or a hot time but because they can go with the flow ---and not afraid to learn new things in and out of bed !!! Just sayin!!
 shonnah1
Msg: 229
dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/16/2013 9:40:13 PM
this reasoning also applies to woman our age wanting to date younger men! Its happened many times with me !
 kendrajo51
Msg: 230
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/17/2013 5:21:14 AM
I've been asked similar questions pertaining to what I'm like in bed...what I like in bed, even with my profile stating I don't "do" my first dates, to basically saying even asking me about it is immature and selfish. I really don't think many men read the profiles, that or they have yet learn to read, lol. Though the thought of kneeing them in the groin is tempting, I don't give them the chance to even meet me, if I get the slightest hint they are in it to get into my pants.
 Walts
Msg: 231
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/17/2013 5:59:08 AM

I thought men in their 50's would be looking for a stable, fun and attractive woman....but it is STILL about hookups.

Give me stable.

Give me fun.

And give me attractive.

I've told more women to phuck off than I have asked to phuck me. Some of the replies here in this thread would be prime examples of why. My left hand is and will always be better company than what most have to offer.

And yes, I am very serious here. Reread. Start at page 1!!!!!
 pageforyou
Msg: 232
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/17/2013 7:50:46 AM
I'm ALL those things, Walts and live in the same area as you! Not one invite for a meet up in over five years! My left hand works pretty well too, oh wait ... that's my right hand! lol Maybe we could swap duty? : P
 needsloveheart
Msg: 233
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/18/2013 6:42:26 AM

I thought men in their 50's would be looking for a stable, fun and attractive woman...

i dont get why you thought that...?
maybe that's what your looking for in a man?

myself, im just 50 going on 60 feelin like 40, depending on the day and how many carbs i've had - no illusions
i want tranquility, harmony - i know what i need (verses what i'd want)
dont need deflections
if it dont feel right talking during the IMs or chat or email, i dont even go on that date.
dont need to be humiliated
by now i've learned to heed the warning signs, am not desperate, just want to find an ideal partner.
 ohenryx
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/18/2013 2:05:52 PM

And I have yet to meet one guy who is nice, sweet, sincere, and just wants to meet a nice, sweet, sincere girl.

I am not sweet. Never have been, never will be. I suppose my dear departed mother possibly thought of me as “nice” and / or ‘sincere”, but not many others. My friends think of me as a good man, reliable and trustworthy. I think you need to pick your adjectives a little more carefully.

I thought men in their 50's would be looking for a stable, fun and attractive woman....but it is STILL about hookups.

I’m with Cowboy on this one, “fun and attractive” are where it’s at. “Stable” is overrated. And yes, it is “STILL about hookups”. Everyone keeps forgetting, this is a DATING website, and dating is about SEX.
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/19/2013 4:47:41 PM
^^^^LOl Francesca.. I find it amusing how many ex wives suddenly out of nowhere all become psycho in a marriage. I also find it amusing when the husband never did a thing wrong and recites all the wonderful things he did for her and cant think of one reason why she would suddenly turn into such a monster. I run from men who say things such as this. They have learned nothing. I call them the walking wounded who seek out women to comfort them and tell them how that other woman did him so wrong. These are the kind of men all women should avoid. All men should avoid women who also have no blame in their failed relationships.
There are good men out there, I found one. He is a gentleman who knows there is more to a relationship than sex.. he seeks real intimacy. He did not force himself on me in date one or two and is allowing the relationship to build in its own time and space. So there are men on POF who are not just seeking sex!! Many will never know the joy of real intimacy where the sex is far better than lets jump into bed without any foundation sex. Some on POF are far to scarred to ever find this kind of relationship. I am sad for them.
 SunLover2121
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/19/2013 5:29:45 PM
I agree, right off I will tell my date I at least want to get to know someone, and have to at least like them, before being romantic..maybe a second date, hardly ever a third. I don't care how many guys on here say they want a relationship, they want physical first and foremost, then a relationship. So I agree, that's all I have met on here too
 SunLover2121
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/19/2013 5:30:03 PM
I agree, right off I will tell my date I at least want to get to know someone, and have to at least like them, before being romantic..maybe a second date, hardly ever a third. I don't care how many guys on here say they want a relationship, they want physical first and foremost, then a relationship. So I agree, that's all I have met on here too
 SunLover2121
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/19/2013 5:32:47 PM
Dating is about sex? That is the dumbest comment I have ever seen
 dingblue
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/19/2013 5:49:40 PM
There is no difference in dating in our 50's than dating in our 60's or our 40's or our 30's. You will still expereince the differences in people. You will get the sleazes, the born again virgins, the hand holders, the non committals, the fakes, the good, the bad.

Age has nothing to do with it, we don't turn a certain age and magically our personality changes - you are who you are, simple as that, no matter how many candles are going to be on your next birthday cake!
 pageforyou
Msg: 240
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/19/2013 5:56:05 PM
That is often true but far from always. I watched my parents change from vibrant and positive all their lives to closed and negative, soon after middle age and from then on. I saw it happen to siblings and friends and x's. I have people in my life for whom there is not much change they are just "more" of what they always were. That is true for me. : )
 ABonVie
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/21/2013 9:36:34 AM
I haven't dated on this site yet, but I have had several men contact me. They seemed very nice, but once I started communicating with them, I never hear from them again or they don't have much to say. I am a nice woman and I want a nice man. I am not a cougar although I wouldn't be opposed to someone younger. How hard can this be?
 natgoat227
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/21/2013 11:46:17 AM
I'd be more ~aggressive~ about writing yo women (Of _Any age_)
if it weren't for constantly getting *POOF*-ed off with :
"You're Too Far Away!"

The more I get rejected . . . the less Enthusiastic I am about _Trying_!!!

Where is the ~Mid-Point~ between Not trying At All . . . and Trying Too Hard??

~shrug~
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 243
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/21/2013 11:52:53 AM
How hard can this be?

As hard as people make it.

(see current threads on running background checks and using coupons on first dates)
 ohenryx
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/22/2013 6:26:58 AM

SunLover2121
Dating is about sex? That is the dumbest comment I have ever seen

^^^^ No, your comment above is the “dumbest”.

In your mind, what differentiates “dating” from “going out with your friends”?

That’s right, sex, or the possibility thereof. I can hang out with my friends, have a drink, shoot pool, go to a ball game, hell, we can help each other work on a car or a home improvement project. I have friends, long term friends, who just happen to be female (no fault of their own, blame their parents). And we have been known to hang out and do things, I have gone to their homes and helped with things (replace a disposal, setup a wireless network or home theater). But sex is not a part of the equation. When I ask a woman out on a date, the situation changes. Sex is now on the table. It may or not happen, but it is on my mind, and I am definitely hoping it will happen. If that weren’t true, I (and 99% of all men) would never “go out on a date”, we would just hang out with our friends.
 HipChick518
Msg: 245
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/22/2013 9:00:18 AM
What is the problem about sex? I want it. I use my best judgement. I've been wrong & made a few mistakes. That's life. What the heck are you saving it for?
 Stubidooo
Msg: 246
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/22/2013 10:01:27 AM
What is the problem about sex? I want it. I use my best judgement. I've been wrong & made a few mistakes. That's life. What the heck are you saving it for?

A breath of fresh air in a smokey room
 Freudian
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/22/2013 10:53:46 AM

Agreed, this is refreshing.

But, I see an opportunity here. Yeah, I realize that some women have been hurt by promises unfulfilled, and taken advantage of by predators, etc. But, why the heck the constant: "Friends first", "All they want is sex", "It's all about the sex".

If a man doesn't want sex, he's ill. If he's ill, he probably isn't out on a date. Do some of you women think men look for women for conversation and nothing else? We can talk to our dogs and buds at the hangout and not have to worry about offending anyone. Guys don't want to meet girls so they can help repair a motorcycle. Single guys know how to cook or heat up food, we don't need girls for that. We live in a mess, clean up after ourselves, or hire cleaning help, we don't need girls for that. Decorations on the walls are usually a pain for men, so we don't need girls to decorate. Heck, we don't need good girls for sex; there's tradeswomen out there if it becomes necessary.

But, then again, you women know that already. This is nothing new to you. What you're actually saying seems to be, "He is too obvious about wanting sex." You want us to play a game, entice, cajole, romance, compliment our way into bed with you. Basically, you want us to lie. And we are graded on how well we lie.

"You're the only one for me." And so were the 27 others before you. " I have very strong feelings for you." Yeah, today, this minute, maybe not in 20 minutes or so though. "I had a great time tonight." So, let's keep going, there's more fun to be had. "Would you like another glass of wine?" Get drunk already, I have plans for later.

You women know the drill already, this is not news. So, why the constant whining about what men are and what they want?

Inquiring minds want to know.
 Freudian
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/22/2013 10:59:07 AM

This site may be free, but that dosen't mean we are.

Er, uh, Is that what you really wanted to say?? You do realize the opportunities this statement present, don't you?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 249
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/22/2013 11:16:41 AM
A lot of these threads turn into HE WANTS SEX OMG!

I'd be disappointed if someone I was dating (and I only date
people I like) wasn't interested in sex with me.

I realize relationships aren't all about sex,but I'm not likely
to start a relationship without it.

When did having sex become such an awful thing, or worse
a reward or a prize to be dished out?

Dating in my 50's (or 60's) is different from dating in my 20's
or 30's in that I don't have 40 years ahead of me to enjoy as I
like. I don't plan on wasting what time I have left.
 Fleuron
Msg: 250
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 2/22/2013 11:46:01 AM

Do some of you women think men look for women for conversation and nothing else?

I wonder what some men think women are looking for? Or if they even care?

Apparently some men in these forums don’t feel it necessary to dress appropriately for dates or treat women special in any way, but we are expected to jump to all of your sexual needs? Sorry, it doesn’t work that way….of course for some women.

I would think adult human beings are aware that sex is ONE aspect of a relationship. If a man can’t be bothered to make me feel like I am special to him, I will NOT be motivated to make him feel special to me. And giving my body to him? NO way.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating in our 50's