Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating in our 50's      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Orgulloso
Msg: 51
Dating in our 50'sPage 3 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
OP,

If you're still following this thread, personally I don't care how old you are. I'm looking for similar characteristics as me. I'm also looking for happy, healthy, honest and a good sense of self. The generalizations posted on this thread are hilarious. I have experienced, since I have two young children, that women in our age group head for the hills once that fact surfaces. I understand that they've raised theirs and now it's their time. So what's a man to do? It's a fact of life that I'd have the children dynamic in common with someone 10 years younger. This is not "dirty old man syndrome", it's my life situation.

I'm also into working out, running, and staying fit. That is a key criteria that I look at when perusing profiles. So for argument sakes, if someone lists themselves as "average sized" but their photos depict otherwise again, what's a guy to do?

Two of the voices of reason on these forums are Halcyon Skies and Igor; they bring refreshing facts and reality into these discussions. Igor nailed it, the men you're looking for are likely engaged in a monogomous attempt at a relationship so most of the dogs are still on the loose.

G
 GloriaNWA
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 5:31:55 AM
I have been off and on POF for a year and a half and have had many one-time meetings with gentlemen. None of which appeared to be only after a one night stand. While many men and women may be on this site for 'hook-ups' exclusively, it is not my experience that it is anywhere near 95%. In regards to men wanting much younger women, I find the opposite is true, many men much younger than myself get in touch with me. You may speculate that they are looking for hook-ups, but it has not been the case with the younger men I have dated. I think it is to everyone's best interest to remain positive and not cynical in regards to the opposite sex. If we meet people with such predisposed bias, we may well taint any possible connections. It is difficult enough to meet someone with whom you have chemistry and connection without bringing such low expectations into the equation.
 seafoodandeatit
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 5:32:54 AM
am i normal? I have no idea.............?
but your right thats what we are looking for ( well most of us.) fun and attractive woman
I just wish more woman would be truth full about there size and what they want.
I think if someone took a look there are as many or more over 45 woman who say they dont want a one night stand
or a fling, soon spill the beens after a few texts.
 Msholiday282
Msg: 54
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 6:40:19 AM
No it's not where you live at all. Even at my age I get the occasional rude stuff especially if you turn on chat. Mine is off. Keep trying..... I have met some great men, but just not for me.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 55
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 7:32:59 AM

I think it is to everyone's best interest to remain positive and not cynical in regards to the opposite sex.

We could sure use alot more of that attitude around here but then what fun would the forums be?
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 56
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 9:20:52 AM
I just wish more woman would be truth full about there size and what they want.
I think if someone took a look there are as many or more over 45 woman who say they dont want a one night stand or a fling, soon spill the beens after a few texts.

Trust me---that's equally true for both sexes. Too many folks list themselve as "average" when in fact, they're overweight. They make the selection process even more frustrating when they don't include a full body picture in their profiles, and only post a headshot.

As far as one night stands go, some people like to try before they buy---and after taking you out for a test run, they decide they don't like the ride. It happens.
 millmart81960
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:36:41 AM
Really? It's interesting to me that men who state things like I just wish women would be more honest about their size" also seem to think that they are being honest when they state they aren't looking for a one night stand. Then why is the woman's size important? If you are looking for a fun and attractive woman their are many fun attractive plus size women. I havent been a member of pof long, I just recently joined but it sure hasnt made feel very good. I was married for many years and then lived with a very wonderful man for 10 years till he was killed in a car crash. I've been alone now for 4 years and just now decided to start looking and I am Frankly scared and nervous. After reading some of theses and other forum Post it doesn't look good for me. I might just give up.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 58
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:36:54 AM
^^^^ Not even worried about a ride any more. Just want to kick the tires every now and then, maybe adjust the seat and the mirrors. I threw away my trailer hitch - done. I'm okay with ladies who want a companion for things around town they are TRULY interested in, not a showroom dummy to drag around to someone's wedding or a party so she doesn't look lonely.
 i_ski_do_u
Msg: 59
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:46:00 AM
Trust me---that's equally true for both sexes. Too many folks list themselve as "average" when in fact, they're overweight. They make the selection process even more frustrating when they don't include a full body picture in their profiles, and only post a headshot.
I can not disagree with that. No full body shot (and one that at least looks like it was taken in the last decade), I move on.

I like to date pretty in-shape women. Even though I am shallow, I feel that if that is what I want, I should also be in-shape.
 oceans_281
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:57:17 AM
WOW...........us men are so evil and women are so sweet.........every ones seems to be looking for the bigger better deal YES you ladies included.......you want to be wined and dined.........we pay for all the wine and dinning and for what most of the time it goes mo where because your looking for a unreal expectation or your judging us on ome bad experince in the past.............OH how about the $100 meal I don't see you pulling out your wallet.................I think most men would agree it get old paying all the time.........I am not cheap and make a good living but it gets old
 millmart81960
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 11:05:54 AM
I know that and I know many smart intelligent men are being honest not superficial. But from My perspective it's looking pretty bleak. I've been with real men ,good looking men who were in shape and fit and still found me attractive because of who I was and what I brought to the relationship: honesty,faithfulness,caring loving words and feelings attention to the things they enjoyed,my sense of humor and in time Love. This is what made them happy and kept them true, that we understood that it was the whole package and not the outside wrapping that made it valuable.
BTW I' really am not trying to male bash it's just, these men were, I'm now realizing, not the norm and I'm going to have to adjust my expectations.
 i_ski_do_u
Msg: 62
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 12:04:18 PM
OH how about the $100 meal I don't see you pulling out your wallet.................I think most men would agree it get old paying all the time.........I am not cheap and make a good living but it gets old
An old girlfriend had a saying, "If you wanna play, you gotta pay."
 seaglass1971
Msg: 63
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 1:07:43 PM
hi Liz We are looking for a stable relationship with a attractive woman. I guess I should of stayed In Lanoka Harbor, where the home town ladies have taken better care of themselves.. In south Florida they post their daughters pictures because someone once said their daughters look like them
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 64
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 1:19:20 PM

WOW...........us men are so evil and women are so sweet.........

Finally!

Someone who GETS IT!
 seaglass1971
Msg: 65
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 1:32:23 PM
Hi Sabrina
Thats a great guestion and at 59 and my fair share of life experience I don't think there is a way to tell without street wise experience but even than if a man or woman is only one here to decieve the one's their talking to. It would probably only come to light if you recorded your phone conversation's and see if their are inconsistence's in past conversations. I personally will take usally for quite a while before meeting for dinner and even than who's picture is posted and based on their personality from talking for a while , who shows up can be quite different. Unfortuneatly its no differnt now than when we were young still have to weed the losers, the obivious problem here ,we are talking to a picture of who? Cliff
 seaglass1971
Msg: 66
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 1:33:47 PM
hi Liz We are looking for a stable relationship with a attractive woman. I guess I should of stayed In Lanoka Harbor, where the home town ladies have taken better care of themselves.. In south Florida they post their daughters pictures because someone once said their daughters look like them
 DEUCE956
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/5/2013 5:06:48 PM
No, you're an attractive lady that should have no problem finding someone. I've been looking for a fun, attractive lady for years but when you're as ugly as I am it's hard.
 LCDizme12
Msg: 68
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/6/2013 6:31:14 AM
Seaglass
You should have stayed in Lanoka Harbor - we were neighbors! LOL
 modelpro
Msg: 69
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/6/2013 2:05:01 PM
Gee notdating, me too. I was once asked for ID, can you imagine. I've ran away from two.. lots of creepy crawlers. I've never dated before but oh my gosh, am I learning quick. Now I ask many questions and believe none of the answers until I do my own "check". But I still believe Mr Right is out there perhaps even on this site. I can't say what I've been messaged or told on here, but you can use your imagination. I ignore those and carry on. I can't put them all in the basket of rotten apples. And I don't want a younger man... they haven't got what I want or need: maturity.
 lilyrose314
Msg: 70
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/6/2013 2:12:18 PM
It's just the way most men are...After many years of "dating", men see sex as a means of getting close to women first, but women are the opposite...we like to (at least I DO), feel a "soul/mind" connection to someone.
 venuscalls
Msg: 71
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/7/2013 2:49:58 AM
Sometimes I feel its the pressure our culture puts on us to perform and seem youthful and healthy. It embarrasses me sometimes when I see some of my male friends who around my age still chasing and using women like they did when we were young and dumb.

For me, I have obligations to a parent who is aging, so I just can't avail myself the opportunity for something permanent. It doesn't take away the fact of needing companionship sometimes, let alone having physical needs. I just can't mislead someone to get my needs met, is all. Wouldn't it be great if. . .
 genovista
Msg: 72
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/7/2013 12:53:35 PM
Firefly1954 I will give you a chance if u give me a chance you are adorable. It seem like older women want younger men and younger women want older men. Young mens are still playing with the Xboxes and have no time for these young ladies. Most are with kid(s) and they do not know anything about responsibilities and dont care about working so these young ladies are seeking older guys to filled the void. financial and pleasure. Older women seeks these young guys because most of the older women are financial stable some sort and looking for pleasure. young guys go after these older women and have many of them. older guys go after younger women for pleasure they use to get at home. Its plain and simple. Get in where you fit in. then you got another factor a shortage of men some are gay and women on women. need I say more Firefly1954
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 73
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/8/2013 7:56:44 AM
men see sex as a means of getting close to women first, but women are the opposite...we like to (at least I DO), feel a "soul/mind" connection to someone

Having experienced women who were going through thier sexual prime I have to say they seemed driven more by lust and hormones than they were a quest for a emotional soul/ mind connection.

Wouldn't the opposite of getting close be getting farther away?

I think I know what you mean ... women are less driven by pure physical desire and need to feel an emotional connection morso than men typically do . I think as men age and thier sex drive diminishes somewhat it becomes more important for men to feel chose to a woman emotionally/mentally than they did in thier youth.

If all women really thought a soul/mind connection was much more important than a carnal journey there would not be so many older women seeking and embracing the company of much younger men.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/8/2013 8:45:22 AM
Its basically good news that older women are interested in the carnal pleasures. After all, we will all eventually end up in bed with an older woman....if we are so lucky to last long enough. Its reassuring to know that it won't be tranquil in the bedroom in our old age....:)
 charliesmom21
Msg: 75
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/8/2013 10:07:02 AM
LOL.. Normal men.. define that please.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating in our 50's