Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what do marriage minded men in their 30s want?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CTRLvector
Msg: 51
what do marriage minded men in their 30s want?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

^^^well thats a stereotype, and a bad one at that.

She's good for coming up with one sentence stereotypes. Saves her from having to look inward.

I believe man-hater is the appropriate label. Sometimes when people get burnt, they come to the wrong conclusions. Then you end up with man haters. Or men who believe all women have insane expectations.

When the truth is far from the immature conclusion. The truth would normally be self evident, but being ignorant of the truth allows you to continue to hate and believe things that aren't true. And that saves you from having to take a good hard look at yourself. Which is something the willfully ignorant avoid with great fear.
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 52
what do marriage minded men in their 30s want?
Posted: 12/30/2014 5:54:27 AM
Men don't like the truth. They go for more fertile women so they pick the brood mare of choice. Man hater? Maybe you have to look inward mentally as to why you have to follow me all over the board. Seems to me you lack any control in your own life and maybe going around with the sheer fantasy of controlling me does something for you. It isn't working little boy who thinks its a psych major because it takes courses.
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/30/2014 6:58:04 AM

What is it that family/marriage minded men.. in their 30's to early 40's, want from a woman?

OP. Several studies have proven that men's eagerness to marry decline dramatically in their 30s and 40s. You can rack this up to the mere fact that some men become more pragmatic and mature as they age and the risk/reward analysis tied to marriage no longer make sense. Marriage, at its core, is a very bad business transaction for men and increasingly men are waking up to this reality. So to answer your question on what men want, the answer is love and affection. The problem is that the emotional and financial risk of choosing wrong is to high.
 Walts
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/30/2014 7:05:22 AM

For the woman he is dating to shut the phuck up about wanting to get married??????

:p
 Ainen
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/30/2014 7:14:02 AM

They want fertile female to breed with them to carry on their family name.

Wrong. The most popular girls are the ones who cannot get pregnant. There are evolutionary instincts for a man to prefer a girl with good genes and who would be good at taking care of his offspring (for example, a nurturing personality), but huge numbers of modern men don't want kids.

Let my family name end with my brothers and me!
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/30/2014 7:14:32 AM

Men don't like the truth.

Agree. Because the truth of what men generally represent (a means to an end) to most women is a tough pill to swallow and would have some sincere societal consequences if openly disseminated through media.

They go for more fertile women so they pick the brood mare of choice.

Correct. Basic evolution. No different from the evolutionary fact that women are driven by their instinctual hypergamy.
 Like2dance
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 8:54:53 PM
They want a fertile young wife with whom to have children and raise a family. Later on some of them may want to have a beautiful mistress or two for the pleasure they can provide.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/30/2014 9:48:20 PM

why you have to follow me all over the board.

You have an interesting superiority complex - I don't follow you around, I notice you say something, I comment. You must live in a pretty egotistical world if you believe that I would follow you, as if the forum moves fast enough for that. How would I possibly follow you around? That's up there with hating on men for abstract reasons relating to your experience with some men.

I am just saying that you're the type of person with un resolved issues, and instead of deal with them on an individual basis, for the circumstances that apply. You decided to take up arms in the most unproductive fashion imaginable.

I just have a habit of seeing ignorant statements and correcting them with logic. No offense, its just my way of saying you're wrong and heres why.
 basilisk123
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2014 1:42:10 AM
"One would envision marriage-minded men in their 30s likely wish to wed a woman with hopes she will never change...yet she does.

One would envision marriage-minded women in their 30s likely wish to wed a man with sincere hopes he will change...yet he doesn't."-eric_summit

Seriously those should be in a fortune cookie or something.

Very Zen-like.

On another topic, I wonder what happened to hotdog that made her so hostile to men. Did it just recently happen in the last few years or was she always like this? There is a definite anger vibe like what I used to have.
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/1/2015 5:01:23 PM
Ever hear proof is in the pudding? It applies to you.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/1/2015 6:45:37 PM
Ever hear that using an idiom -
in place of substantiating your claim by providing clarity/specificity -
Only exemplifies your stupidity, in lieu of being a capable person.

As for hotdog I don't know,
I hadn't noticed her prior to man hating,
Also exemplifies stupidity in lieu of a better adjusted person.
Worst part being she isn't capable of understanding why the theory is so inherently ignorant
 Dinno76
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/5/2016 11:28:51 AM
Stay single my friends stay single . I have seen too many miserable married people with children. They look terrible because they are always stressed out all the time taking care of their spoiled kids.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/5/2016 7:05:21 PM
dinno76. You are right about kids, now you know how your parents felt about you as well. I sure hope you are looking for a way to pay back for being such a spoiled %^&*% and making them so miserable...
I wonder what your neighbors said about you every time they saw you spoiled #$#% outside the house??
are you still so spoiled or you think you grow out of it and you are a good man now ??
 Dinno76
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/6/2016 2:48:56 PM
No I am still bad. I enjoy being bad.
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2016 9:09:59 PM
What on earth does "marriage minded" even mean? If you're "marriage minded" and you haven't found someone yet, you're going about this completely the wrong way.
 kalasmontreal
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/21/2016 4:35:13 PM
Honesty, loyalty and no games, do those 3 things and you should be alright
 A6K
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/22/2016 9:26:31 AM
Someone that enjoys my company and I enjoy theirs.
Enjoys the same things I do, we have fun together. That's it, a best friend and a partner.
Don't make it too complicated, all the other stuff should come later if you really do connect.
 apinlondon
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/28/2016 7:37:47 AM
They have to hold their own! If they can't do that then no point. On top of that anyone that has marriage in their profile I stay clear from just seems to needy. Marriage will come naturally over time.
 hemingway234
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2016 8:31:25 AM
There are less marriage-minded men than women. You have to put your foot down. If he wants it, he has to put a ring on it. It's right.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/29/2016 10:23:09 AM
A nice meal after a long day at work slaying dragons.

Tell me how much you respect my ability to...bring home the bacon...
 Maleman999
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/29/2016 6:38:50 PM
"There are less marriage-minded men than women. You have to put your foot down. If he wants it, he has to put a ring on it. It's right."
------------------

I know what you're saying, and almost all people use the "I'm old fashion/traditional" song and dance routine, but it still doesn't sound right. If she's pushing for marriage and the guys is lukewarm on the idea, why is it up to the guy to do the ring buying and proposing? Is there a law preventing women from doing that if she's got marriage rabies?
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 73
view profile
History
what do marriage minded men and their dentists want?
Posted: 7/30/2016 1:36:50 AM

“If he wants it, he has to put a ring on it.”

“A nice meal after a long day at work slaying dragons”

Damn-- I just chipped my teeth on something in the meatloaf! What is this, anyway… a freeking ring!?!
 Cefoxitin
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2016 10:38:17 PM
Personally, I look for independence. Having friends is good too. Competence and honesty. Some of the same intrests, no faking it.

their own hobbies skills and goals. A like mind tward affection. And timing is imortant for thos spontanious things. And consideration. And it would be nice to find a woman that can cook better than me.
 Chris3357M
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2016 8:36:28 PM
what do i want? at the most basic level, commitment - intimacy - compassion but to go in to detail, a lady who wants me for me not for what she can get from me but who understands, appreciates, and accepts me. someone who has family values, someone who enjoys spending quality time and also someone who respects me and doesn't go behind my back on things - loyal and trustworthy in not just their words but her actions. again, not afraid to not just say she'll treat me right but actually does for me as i would do for her (actions that show she's real and not just saying it). idk that's pretty much it.
she can have a career and be the breadwinner, she can have her own life although not so much that she never sees me or never puts me first from time to time.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what do marriage minded men in their 30s want?