Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Should I keep seeing this guy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bamagrl68
Msg: 62
Should I keep seeing this guy?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
bliemoonlantern- Issues like this early on aren't going to get better down the road.
Find someone more compatible with you.
 mingo88
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Should I keep seeing this guy?
Posted: 2/8/2013 4:53:04 PM
Sounds like someone I was seeing. I think the one I was seeing was depressed as he had been married for 24 years and was divorced for about a year when I met him. He didn't talk to his kids. Also he had been seeing a psychiatrist and was on some meds. He also never took me anywhere but was an excellent cook and did make me some wonderful meals. He would cancel on me too. He was very unreliable and wishy washy, seemed like he didn't know what he wanted and was very unstable. It only lasted about 3 months I broke up with him because I just wasn't happy and didn't have fun with him. It sounds like your bf might also be depressed.
 MeggieMugster
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/8/2013 5:05:00 PM
Sounds like he just wants you around for sex. how hard is that to see.
Like you only hang out at his house, and he wont take you out? why would anyone wanna waste their time with someone like that.

When I was with my ex, I wouldnt even go to his house until I knew that we were gonna be offical. he kept inviting me over, and i would say no im not ready to stay at your place yet. dont go to a guys place right away, cuz then u end up in their bedroom, and then they only care for one thing.
 Be_enchanted
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/9/2013 8:04:51 AM

I really like him and I am falling for him.

Ask yourself realistically why you're falling for him and you may find out if that is sufficient enough to continue seeing him.
Trust your instincts if you have doubts. I personally wouldn't keep seeing him because he doesn't seem on the same page you're on right now.
 galnxtdoor64
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 6:18:08 PM
it sounds to me that it is all about him - his wants his needs his comfort
my question is would you like and appreciate it if he made some efforts towards you?
He also sounds very cheap too- but only you can decide what will satisfy all your needs
emotional, intellectual-physical so on.....
 unki121
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/9/2013 9:46:37 PM
I was like that in one of my relationships before.I have anxiety around groups of people,so I never wanted to go out on dates.I was also very hesitent about a women with children.From what I have read it sounds like he wants to be with you but doesn't know how to deal with you having children.I am 30 now and have learned from my mistakes,if he is young between 19 and 25 then maybe he doesn't know how to act around kids
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Should I keep seeing this guy?