Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 7
Girl who takes sleepy pillsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Yes, the alcohol and sleeping pills made her text other guys, when she was concious ,lol...
How is your relationship otherwise,lol...
Trust me, tell her to stop talking the sleeping pills, and for a few weeks about she might have more than restless sleeps,(probably from the alcohol,you do not just pass out from it, it can have the opposite effect as well) but after that she will sleep better...

Physician: What can I help you with? ...
Random walk in "sleep deprived" person: I can not sleep...
Physician: Okay (rips paper off in 5 seconds) here you go...
Random walk in person, Thanks...
 SexyKG74
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Girl who takes sleepy pills
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:20:57 PM
I find it bazaar that she conveniently texts men only, yet never texts her female friends or family while in this condition...does she only have guys as her contacts?
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/5/2013 11:51:26 PM
The retrograde amnesia is a real thing. Ambien will do that to you. About 20 minutes after you take it, you slip into a sort of sleepwalking state..where you still function and go thru the motions, but you are not conscience. People have been known to go online, buy a bunch of stuff, have sex, or get in their car and drive to get food in this state then remember none of it the next day. This is no joke..this is dangerous and is considered the same as a DUI if you are caught driving like this.

Ambien is a hypnotic..look it up. And the consumption of alcohol with it? Deadly. Both drugs slow down the nervous system, and can put a person in a coma.

There is nothing you can do to "make" someone stop..they have to realize the danger and decide to stop. Drugs tend to dominate people's lives. I've been with people who smoke pot, people who drink..to the point where it interferes with our relationship. I have ended up walking..I'm not going to compete with a liquid mistress, or a pill for that matter.
 tsooybkk
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/6/2013 3:23:51 AM
Maybe you might let she decrease of that sleeping pill .. example is she taken one then let she try to take just half?.. then try to find something from natural instead.. like kiwi juice.. is have a benefit to help about this.

Good luck :)
 russell5417
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/6/2013 7:44:18 AM
This would make an awesome storyline for a Lifetime movie!
 makavali7dayz3
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2013 1:00:59 AM
People who don't take medications as scripted and with alcohol have drug abuse issues. How do you feel about drug abuse ? I seen it up close and personal and it ain't pretty. The most i would ever allow my S.O to do is to smoke pot or do something stronger once or twice a year.

She needs to take the pills as scripted and if she can't then she needs to find other ways to sleep. I am a horrible sleeper, especially when i am not in my own bed. I found other means to sleep thouugh. The more she needs the pills the worse her sleep problems become. The pills aren't meant to be a long term solution. Google your problem and i am sure your will find some other ways for her to sleep.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/16/2013 12:31:43 PM
You"re getting the same answers you got when you posted the same question under a previous incarnation a few months ago.

if you haven't figured it out by now:
you like the drama + she likes the drama =
 LG2727
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2013 8:46:09 PM
Someone who chooses to forget by taking pills/booze has a lot deeper issues then just forgetting a bfs texts etc. This girl needs some help before it turns worse. What is going on in her life that she needs to tune out? Good luck getting her some help, she probably will deny she needs it.
 five-marie
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2013 4:16:44 PM
I used to take a sleeping pill, Imovane. My girlfriend recommended them. Absolutely you can do things and not remember if you take it while drinking.
One time this same girlfriend gave me a piece of cheesecake I had been wanting to try. Got up in the morning and it was gone. I questioned all my kids, quite angry they had eaten it. My boyfriend told me I ate it the night before and sure enough there was the plate next to my bed.
Girlfriend used to take one, stay up and drink and not remember one thing that had happened. People would be angry at her because of her behaviour and she would have no memory.
These can be a great sleep aid, mine was not addicting, but you cannot drink while taking them. If I was drinking I wouldn't take it that night.
I also had another girlfriend who developed a problem/addiction to taking these while drinking. The problem lies in combining the two.
If your girlfriend is drinking she should skip the sleeping pill. If she can't she has a problem and needs help.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/18/2013 5:32:18 PM
if shes texting other guys when she does this, my guess is that she remembers it. one of the most classic excuses ive found that liars love to employ is the "i dont remember" crap. as if them not remembering somehow clears them of all wrongdoing. thats just my 2 cents.
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/18/2013 6:08:23 PM
She texts guys while you are sleeping and she takes medicine and alcohol. go figure !!
 800Megawattz
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2013 10:22:06 PM
Yes, get new non crazy girlfriend (good luck with that) and you can both get good sleep!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >