Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Anyone have experience with a pathological liar?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Anyone have experience with a pathological liar?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I agree makavali, lying becomes so much easier after the first one. If you can't be honest, please do no pass go, do not collect $200,just pass me by.
 wenchie~woman
Msg: 27
Anyone have experience with a pathological liar?
Posted: 1/17/2013 5:34:27 PM
I had a 3 1/2 year relationship with a man that I eventually found out was a sociopath, pathological liar, deviant and cheater. yep, I ignored any red flags that cropped up. He morphed into just what I was needing at the time. My heart was smashed to smithereens...biggest and most painful heartbreak of my life. I won't go on about all the terrible things I discovered, but am so thankful that I bucked up, found the truth and moved forward.
 ixtlan09
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/20/2013 4:13:10 PM
You always hear about accomplished, master liars, but there is no such thing. We all believe the lies we want to believe.
 WENDY001
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/20/2013 6:50:23 PM
I went through it too and i cannot shake the feeling of everyone is like this. I loved him,was engaged and he lied so much. He was a drug user,cheater,liar, just anything bad he was. I have, or i used to have the worst judgment and i am learning that i need to be a better judge of character. I think every man i dated was a liar of some sort. So i must have some fault in this. Its who we choose and low self esteem, atleast for me. I hope we both can get past this. I just wish i knew how to pick up and be able to trust someone. I have been single 5yrs since this and still think i'm not ready. I tend to fall in love to easy.
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2013 6:56:47 PM
wendy001, you just gave your own answer.. one of the keys is not to blindly trust and fall in love too quickly. Allow the relationship to build slowly and watch for actions matching words. We are all wonderful women who don't deserve to be mistreated.. we must decide not to allow ourselves to be mistreated.
 wenchie~woman
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/21/2013 9:49:14 AM
I was a nurse for 20 years, and did do my time in psych nursing. I have a reasonable amount of experience in psych. However, until you have ever known and seen a socialized sociopath in action, you will never understand. Read up on sociopaths, psychopaths or anti-social behavior. These people are experts and can even pass lie detector tests and fool trained professionals. I will never be so naive again. If you don't believe that these people exist, I sure hope you never have the experience. They are very real and DO exist.
 MissPragmaticRomantic
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/21/2013 3:25:40 PM
Msg 34 I am a nurse as well. I have experience on an inpatient psych floor and my biggest interest is in mental health nursing.. so I guess that is why I am even more blown away by the fact that it went on for so long before I found out!
 wenchie~woman
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/21/2013 4:49:17 PM
Yep...blindsided to say the least. Now I am grateful to have had this experience. I learned so much about myself, and there were a lot of good things during that 3 1/2 year relationship. The most important lessons we have to learn are the most painful. As for me, I am not bitter nor am I distrusting. Whew...
 imanew1
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/22/2013 12:40:17 AM
yes I dated 3 women that all tricked me ( they had kids and a man at home I was the other guy only i didn't know it )
my ex wife destroyed had several affairs and finally walked out and said you can keep the kids but you should no they may not be yours just Incas you need to give blood or something
she also had a kid by another man before we were together that she gave up
she also drained the bank and run the credit cards to the limit and did not pay the rent for 3 months
she took out leans against the company that we past do so with no money no place to stay no credit cards to help get started and no company to get money from i I drained my retirement money and life insurance just to get started over with 3 kids that may not be mine lol
I know she was having an affair or at least suspected it but couldn't prove it then it became do i give up on a kid that she insists is mine or walk and be an ass like lots of men do
how's that for living with a compulsive lire for 22 years
I did everything for a family and life that may have all been a lie and lost everything i spent my life working for at my age with 3 teens left home ill never owen a house or have a company to sell and retire off at age 50
 mrnova66
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/24/2013 6:10:45 PM
@ message 34..Well if your profession did not subscribe so many happy pills there maybe less liars in the world and less people in Nut Houses..You do realize the same people you talk about being good liars are on the pills you give them.As a result it turns their souls bad..they become liars..Think about that the next time you give the next patient a happy pill..
 wenchie~woman
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/25/2013 7:59:37 AM
You have got to be kidding???? Do you realize how many people in our society have serious issues with depression. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. There are thousands of people diagnosed with serious mental illnesses that can get out of bed and go to work thanks to medications. There are, of course, people that fall through the cracks, people that do not take medications are prescribed or not at all. And yes, there are even folks that are being over medicated. Sadly, there are many that go to every doctor in town until they get what they want. Don't be so quick to criticize an area you know nothing about. And by the way...medications do NOT turn people into pathological liars or sociopaths. I suggest that you do a little research on the subject and educate yourself before pointing fingers and making accusations.
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2013 8:05:21 AM
wenchie woman is right. No pills turn people into pathological liars or sociopaths. Yes there are many pathetic doctors who over RX drugs like Oxycodin and other opiates that addict patients. I also believe people have a self responsibility to educate themselves about any medication they are taking. Lair are liars because they got away with it without facing real consequences for their behavior. They continue to do it like an addict takes drugs.. its gives them something they need, mainly control.
 mrnova66
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/25/2013 11:05:30 AM
And you obviously have no idea what effect the happy pills do to the brain..Moreless than the soul..There are millions of people screw up because they listen to people like you that do not have a clue of what effects these so called drugs do to people...You stated that Meds do not turn people into liars!!!WRONG!!!I work with them everyday..They will LIE ,STEAL AND CHEAT just to get their pills...So you are wrong on all fronts..I suggest you do a little research and educate yourself pointing fingers and making accusations..People like you are nothing but saleman in a suit..You could careless who lives you have ruined..Just as long as you get a pay check..Then it is all good...It is all about the dollar...Thanks to people like you we have addicts running around..So get your facts straight..
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2013 11:13:16 AM
Mr. Nova, I happen to be an expert in this field in real life. The lying is merely a symptom of the disease. not too many people are running around the streets looking for psych medication. They are seeking pain killers and other meds that give them a high like benzos. Don't profess to be an expert until you not only have the degree to back it up, but years in the field as well. I dont advertise my profession on her, however I felt the need to set the record straight on this one. Misinformation is very harmful!!
 mrnova66
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/25/2013 11:38:13 AM
@Funny4uwannatry..I happen to work with people that are on these so called meds your profession give out like candy..I must tell you it is not a pretty sight to see people lives being ruined because of the all mighty green dollar..Do not try to be a expert until you have a degree in the effects of what these meds do to the brain..You do not have a clue..I see it everyday..I realize we are talking about your money..So why should you care..It is all about the dollar..GREED is very harmful..Not only that it is evil...Especially when you are dealing with someone elses life..I guess money comes first..HA!!!!..At least Europe is catching on..They are banning some of these pills..Maybe one day they will ban all of them..Unfortunetly here in the U.S.this will never happen..It is all about the money...Until then i have and will talk to people to stay away from people like you...
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2013 11:40:41 AM
you are not talking about psych meds.. you are talking about pain killers and benzos.. i agree, and if you think I am not educated in the effects of the brain, you are sorely mistaken.. i went to college for 10 years have 2 degrees in the this and 20 years experience and advanced studies.. careful, you may not know who you are talking to or about on line
 mrnova66
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/25/2013 12:05:23 PM
YES!!I know what i am talking about..I been around people that have been on happy pills for over 20 years now..It is not a pretty sight to see people become space-cadets..You may not know who you are talking to..I have seen with my own eyes how people have some problems,Then they are decieved to think by if you carry a bottle of pillls and become a space cadet that is the answer to ones problems..AGAIN!!I realize we are talking about your wallet..I know you do not feel bad at all..You have no conscience...Until the day i die i will tell people how bad these drugs are..I have converted alot of people to stay away to toxic poison...There are some people i do not have to say a word to..They have observed other people while on this poison...More and more Europe is banning these drugs..And for good reason....I suggest you get some more education on the subject...
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2013 12:11:58 PM
I think you might need psyche meds.
 wenchie~woman
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/25/2013 1:02:11 PM
[ I think you might need psych meds ]

Good observation! I have 20 years of professional experience in the field. I also have a family member that is bipolar. and know the struggles and stigmas that go along with the diagnosis. Twenty six years ago this person was started on Prozac and can now lead a normal life. Psychotropic pharmaceuticals have come a long way and most definitely are helping millions of people lead a normal life. And yes, some are not so successful.

[ You have no conscience...Until the day i die i will tell people how bad these drugs are..I have converted alot of people to stay away to toxic poison.] Wow!! Red flag....danger Will Robinson!!

I certainly understand the pitfalls of pain medications and their potential for addiction. And yes, once addicted, they will do most anything to sustain their habit including stealing and lying. there is a huge difference between an addict and a Sociopath. I'll make it easy for you. Here is a link that breaks it down very simply. You can deny until "the day you die". Ignorance is bliss.

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html
 mrnova66
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/25/2013 8:46:11 PM
@funny4uwannatry..I think you are on these so called happy pills..You can go on and spend it all you want,But people in Europe have had enough of all the greed and the effects these meds do to people...I suggest to you to learn more before you go sprouting off..I realize if they stop making this poison that is out there that you cannot make money off of other people..I suggest you get some moral fiber in you and drop the pill bottle..Does your employer know you take poison...And for the poster below you..I see everyday what this poison does to people..And you know damm well too...So stop the games..It is no accident that Europe is stopping the poison..So do not play dumb like you do not know what is going on..I realize you do not care..It is not your life you are ruining..I is someone else over the mighty green dollar..What is wrong with you?..I realize you enjoy your job..The reason i say that..Is because if you had any kind of conscience you would not do what you do for a living..Frankly you know damm well what this poison does to people,But yet because of the money you could careless what hppens..I mean after all it is not you that take the poison.I pity you!!!!!...This is the post below me..For someone that is evil and uneducated and do not have a clue of what greed will do to people..Then you do not have a clue of what is going on..I realize it is all about the money.....OH!!GIVE ME A BREAK ABOUT BACK GROUND CHECKS in places that people like you work at..Most people that have a conscience do not work in places like that..In fact i watch a documentry on the hell holes that people like you work at are very abusive..From rape and violence..So do not hand me your crap..It is documented people have commited suicide after leaving mad houses where you are employed..So do not hand me about back ground checks..And do not hand me that crimes do not happen in these places..IT IS A FACT!!!!!
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2013 8:52:08 PM
wow Mr. Nova, for some one as illiterate and uneducated as you to make false accusations as to your thoughts I need pills to be happy, wow, that is sad. Since all employees where I work pass not only drug screens, but psychological tests I think I might be a little better at assessing whether or not someone is using drugs or not. Clearly you lack any knowledge or training in this field other than possibly personal first hand experience as a psychotic patient who is clearly in need of treatment. This is evidenced by your own words. Please get help, I really feel you need it.
 mrnova66
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/25/2013 9:17:48 PM
Wow Funn4uwannatry...You pass a psychological test..Well good for you..Now you need to get a book and read it...Learn something before you ruin another persons life..If you keep on then you should be lock up in prison...You are clearly evil..This is evidence by your own words..Clearly you do not care of who lives you have ruined..Clearly you lack knowledge of what is going on in the real world..Please get help..I really feel you need it...........................................................................................................You are evil..I feel you are getting worse..Please get help..Look at all the space-cadets out there that are on these pills...You seem to be NUTS
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2013 9:20:02 PM
I am truly sorry you are so delusional.. please get to your nearest emergency room or psych center. You appear to be getting worse.
 rd
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/26/2013 4:38:37 AM
My ex lied through her teeth and told me I was delusional when I pointed out her lies. Damaged people, damage people..
 btw73
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/29/2013 8:34:38 PM
Oh this story is one that is all too familiar to me...I am just recovering from a relationship that is almost identical. Took me over two years to recover. My thoughts are with you...my best advice is to stay strong and know that he has a serious problem and only somone in the psychological field can help him. Don't let this ruin your thoughts about trust and love. It will come back to you just wait for the right person. Best of luck :)
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Anyone have experience with a pathological liar?