Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Anyone have experience with a pathological liar?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mrnova66
Msg: 52
Anyone have experience with a pathological liar?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Wow Moggie13!!!!How long did you have a relationship with this loser?..Where did did you meet Mr.Drama king?....Also how many true good guys did you turn down while being in a relationship with Mr.Loser?..The reason i am asking is because most stable/good guys(men that truly have their act together)do not like to be in competition with loser guys(drunks,drug addicts,lazy bums)..Good/stable guys do not feel they want to compete with a bunch of drama..They feel after a woman has been with losers and drama kings they stay well clear..They have better things to do with their time..I have witnessed time and time again that alot of women CLAIM they want a good guy
 underhersoles
Msg: 53
Anyone have experience with a pathological liar?
Posted: 2/1/2013 10:01:39 PM
Why is it always a Man who was the pathological liar? I was 26 and found someone from out of state and really liked her.. after 18 months of talking online, we finally would meet. Had a great time. Eventually she relocated and moved in with me, and as time went on... she turned out to be a pathological liar. Almost everything except her name turned out to be a lie. Gave second chance after second chance.. it was just a bizarre thing. That really hurt me and annoyed me and it killed me but I had to kick her out. Really was a sad experience for me and I was foolish in many ways I guess. Learned a lot from it.
 ineedapool
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/2/2013 12:04:02 PM
Yes my last realtionship the guy was a very good pathological liar...why worry about the stuff he told you...my liar frauded me out of $26,000 and stole my car. All along he was using my account like a bank. He changed my address so he was receiving my statements at a p o box in his name. He told me he had money from property he sold in Michigan. He told me he closed out his old account and got money back. He told me he worked on airplanes and got a check for doing that. He told me he worked with the FAA and had to go on a trip about a plane crash.....no such thing happened. I didn't catch on at all even when he gave me a diamond engagement ring. (which I paid for and didnt know it)....I just knew I didn't really love him and booted him out. Thats when he stole my car and took off for Michigan and Oregon and Idaho....It took several months to track him down and he finally left my car nearby with the keys in it and stole another car identical to mine from a car lot (wrote a check on a closed account). The police referred the car lot guy to me and I told him where the perp probably was. He went there and retrieved his car and had him arrested. 8 months in jail was all he got and ruined my credit. He was supposed to pay me restitution, do you think he ever did? No, so it could be alot worse.
 Happy_gal2013
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:12:50 PM
The answer is yes. I have a family member that I will not allow into my home. He also has taken money from his dying grandmother, lies about everything. He is a true con man. There seems to be no remorse almost like its his inherent right to take what he wants. He denied his own children for 10 years until paternity was established. He was on the run to avoid paying any support. What a sad mess.

You stated that you were angry that his family member never told you. I'm most cases the con men are so good they will distance you from anyone that may disclose their behavior. They come across as such a great guy. If one family member was to tell you about him. He would more than likely discredit that person and you would end up believing him in most cases. Then the family member will possibly have the wrath of the con for any disclosure.

I'm sorry that you have been through this. Hopefully time will heal to wounds in your heart. not all people are the same. Good luck
 72lefty
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/4/2013 5:30:38 PM
hmm.sounds familiar..i was in a 5plus yr relationship with a pathological liar...like yours his family lied for him too..yes there was red flags..for me i thought he lied because he didnt want to lose me.. lied about how many kids ,that he had land..on and on..when i found his password to his email was a turning point..the lies were right in front of me.. so he broke my phone and had his sister erase it...they go to great lenghts ..its a game to them...just happy im no longer the fool with him.
 moonchildMN
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/4/2013 6:56:27 PM
I have....and I made the mistake of asking him why. Why are you being deceptive? Silly me, I received a thinly veiled threat...and....I....slowly....backed....away.

One day I will learn that people who are honest cannot fully understand those that are not, and I will quit trying to make sense of all of it. I hope to someday walk away at the first lie, but so far, I only have myself to blame for not leaving them sooner.
 greeneyes122363
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 5:49:16 AM
yes I have a yr and ahalf ago met on here. We was ingaged to get married. I would of gave my life for him.We lived togeather my kids called him daddy it was just like we was married but I didn't have his name yet.His lies started out with he was single found out he was married latter just to cheap to get a divorce.Then he had been seperated from his last girlfriend a yr hit was only a month.He had three kids but latter he had two from one night stands.His day to day conversations always started truthfuly but ended in lies stupid little things but I exsepted that because I loved him and told him that but then he melested my thirteen yr old daughter and lied about it trying to say she was lieing and it was her falt of corse I had to beleave my daughter so I made him leave then he admitted to it but then went to a police officer and said I made it up because he broke it off with me.I should hate him but I still think of all the good times and all the I love yous and how I'm trying to tell myself all that was lies too or this woudn't of happened.His family knew all the lies he told me but went along with it also.It's hard knowing what could of been and how he threw it all away.It's hard but you have to try to make yourself beleave not all guys are like that their just few and far between.If they lie about all those things they are lieing about their love
 72lefty
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/5/2013 7:50:00 AM
whats even sadder is knowing that they will do it again..so if you meet david allen run as fast as you can.
 Paulieis18
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 9:24:20 AM
Well I definitely don't have the story you guys have.

I found this woman on another dating site 10 or so months ago, and when we first hung out it was great. She is a christian and pretty and this and that and blah blah, anyways. One day she came over and we got a little frisky and after we were just talking about past love and she told me she only had sex once, gave a story behind it and everything. We seen eachother maybe 2 more times after that, then didn't see eachother for about 3 months because my license was suspended and I couldn't drive my car under a suspended license. Well 3 months later I finally got my stuff reinstated and we hung out at her house with one of her friends. After that she hung out at my apartment and we got frisky again, and she told me that she had sex with 4 different dudes and when she was 14 this guy who was one of her older brothers friends woke her up in the middle of the night and forced her to give him a bj.

She told me these things but basically lied in the beginning about her sexual past. I didn't say anything but looking back I should have said something then. My car decided to stop working again in late november and I told her 2 days before we were supposed to hang out that my car is broken and I gotta figure out whats wrong and fix it. She said ok. After that I didn't get a text message or phone call. She broke up with me in December, right around christmas time, but I didn't even know. She had 2 cell phones, one she kept for her parents, and one she kept from her parents. The phone she kept from her parents she dropped to one of her little friends and he was the one who told me we had broken up about a month later. I texted and called that phone for a month and was pretty sure she broke up with me once I hadn't heard anything from her in like 2 weeks but still couldn't be sure.

I rejoined this website and another dating site and started up looking again and unfortunately on another dating site she came up as a match. Primarily I use these dating sites on my phone so the pics are pretty small until you actually hit up the profile, and when I did in her description she put how she was single for 2 years and will treat a guy right.

Just bothers me that she got my virginity man, I want that back because she didn't deserve it
 jlynn1955
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2013 7:42:19 PM
I have more experience than I like to talk about. Don't blame yourself. People like that are very very good at what they do. I can understand it making you apprehensive about getting close to someone else, but truly most of the people out there are not like that. Just be careful. file things away in your mind. Pay attention to your radar and any red flags.
 Lyza67
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 8:59:51 AM
I had an experience dating a guy who constantly lying about who he is. Telling me that he owns 4 houses but all I know is , he lives in apartment and drives an old car and can't even afford to pay for our movie tickets. Every time I'm with him, all I hear is nothing but lies and I came to the point that I have to tell him to stop lying because lying doesn't make him a good person and no one will ever trust him.
 renat
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/10/2013 7:33:28 PM
yes i did and fell in love with him....but i realize i fell in love with the person i thought he was.. and they think they are fooling everyone...but the biggest fool is themselves..they care for no one but themselves..they have a tendency to blame everyone else for what happens and never take responsibility ..they never look for the good in people only if they benefit by it.everything is short lived with them.. as they are never pleased....they can hurt you but God forbid they are hurt...unfortunately if we are trusting people.. we trust..also not believing that people like them exist...if it sounds to good to be true its a lie.
 bbqchickenrobot
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2013 7:36:41 PM
Yes, run - run fast - don't look back - don't listen - RUN. Get out while you still can. They are THE WORST. I don't even need to share my stories because all you need to know is RUN, run like the wind. Run like Forrest. Run like you're about to win an olympic gold medal vs. the bolt!
 Jerilyn
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/11/2013 5:16:15 PM
I've run into pathological liars all my life.

As long as you're not lying to yourself........ about being wrong about him, or thinking you can help him, or believing that maybe it could work if you got back together, you're fine.
 shanny1979
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/12/2013 3:03:45 AM
Hi there, I know exactly what you are going through. I could go on for weeks about my ex on all the lies. We have been separated for three months now and Im still finding out lies the last one was that he had a daughter which was five years old like yourself I found paperwork. All the money that I was earning whilst he sat on his arse and did nothing was going to this mystery child, he would tell me that all the bills had been paid up to date only to later find overdue notices that had been screwed up and put in the bin. So when I finally made the break I was left with all this money to owe. And he left with a big smile on his face. Now he is trying to get back with me and I have witnessed the way I want to be treated in the future. And thats not with a user like him. It has been the best move I have ever made. I should have known he was no good when he lied over something so pathetic saying that he had lost his licence when we first started dating two years ago but, found out from his father thats funny he said you cant loose a license if ya never had one to begin with in the first place. I did mention to my ex that his dad said that he has never had a license and my ex just turned around and said who are ya gunna believe? And stupid me believed the liar. I know how you are feeling too with the whole trust thing but, heres hoping it gets better for the both of us...I know one thing for sure I pity the next guy that Im with cos he would wanna be perfect cos Im not gunna go down that bloody road again...Please take good care of yrself, Best wishes
 mrnova66
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/14/2013 4:43:53 PM
How long did you have a relationship with this loser?^^^^^^^Also how many nice/good guys did you turn down while having a relationship with MR.Drama king?..Yes it does bring up red flags when a man does not have Drivers license...He can not get to work on his own..he needs a babtsitter..Then again alot of women love to babysit,But meanwhile back at the ranch they would not give a good/stable guy the time of day..I hope you did not have kids by Mr.Drama King...Those are the only ones i feel sorry for..I see so many woman cannot wait to have kids with unstable guys
 LaDolceVida80
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/15/2013 4:26:37 PM
Yes I have! I met him on here and found out he lied about everything. He was the biggest player. He told me he was an engineer but was a line worker. He lied to me about hanging out with other women. When I found out he said they were just friends then I later found out they were having sex. He wanted to get me back and tokd he would take a lie detector to prove his innocence and he failed it. He was full of drama. I found out he cheated on every girl he had been with. He was the definition of narcissist. He asked me to marry him while he was still talking to girl on pof. I foind out he even asked one out the same day he asked me to marry him. His name is herc01 so beware.My advice is to never look back. I am getting over him and it gets easier with time. One day you will realize he was a joke and you will be happy you dont have to deal with all the lies. Good luck to everyone!
 rachellowe
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/21/2013 12:14:12 PM
Well, unfortunately for me, I married one. Where to start? I guess when I was pregnant and found all this nasty web stuff on my my computer one day while he was at work. Of course I texted him immediately and he rushed home to feed me some BS about his friend John, yada yada yada....I believed it. Flash forward a year, we had problems and I went to stay out of state with my mom for awhile. The guy was not only trying to hook up with women and couples on Craigslist, but to this DAY denies an affair of a woman who I found (and spoke with) in his phone. his "**** buddy" while I was gone. Keep flashing forward: I spend several hundred dollars on him to go to MN for training for his new job and while he is out of town, he ONCE again tries to get a call girl off of CL, found a text about someone taking a 100$ from him and can only assume he got jacked by a hooker.

Here we are now: separated, in the process of divorce and he got the boot after 6 looong years with him lying about who he is, his perverted closeted sexual fantasy life, and so much more. The shithead stole from me to furnish his own apartment, and LIED about it. I don't believe a word that rolls out of his mouth and for that reason, the complete and utter lack of trust and just blatant deceit, I am now a single parent and in the throughs of not only divorce but bankruptcy because I got left with all the bills. I find it VERY hard to be able to work through it and trust another and it is certainly sad because I know there are good guys out there and I know I can have a healthy relationship without all the bullshit, but his sociopath tendencies have made me quite bitter and jaded. It hurts to be betrayed.
 mrnova66
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/21/2013 5:23:27 PM
^^^And you was with this loser for 6 long years^^^^WOW!!!!!!!It sounds like he was on drugs...This does not surprise me...I have also witness women that have relationships with these winners,But meanwhile back at the ranch these women would not give a good guy the time of day..And of course when TSHTF she gets all hatefull towards all men or border line manhater...Like every man is like her loser ex...I have seen it so many times...But here the kicker...When he done had his fun the woman is off finding another loser...
 rachellowe
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/22/2013 5:39:43 AM
The sad thing there is honesty in what you just said. I had a 10 yr relationship with a guy I wanted to marry prior to this one, and the reason I got with my husband was because I thought he was everything my ex was not. He loved kids, wanted to get married, settle down (my ex prior was very non comital and wouldn't give me what I needed out of our relationship) SO, I WAS trying to change my pattern and trying to look for a good guy and different man. The problem was he was a pathological liar. Failed to mention he was in arrears on child support with his other kid, or that he had lousy credit, and that he had a perverted closet lifestyle, which he hid from me and I only knew about it when I found the evidence in his phone and on the computer. So I do want a good guy, problem is people lie. So outside of pulling a background and credit check on every single person I date from here on out, what would you suggest I do to actually find a real normal nice guy????? That is what I thought I had with my husband. And I got deceived for a loooong time.
 daybee1963
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/22/2013 5:53:08 AM
Thanks for posting about this blog site. I found it very informative as I too am reeling from the effect of liars, emotionally unavailable men and narcissism. Why do attract these men and why is it so hard to let go??
http://www.baggagereclaim.co.uk/
 mrnova66
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/22/2013 9:21:06 AM
@Rachellowe..So you did not know he had bad creditv and back child support until after you got married?..Is that what you are saying....I can not speak for you,But personally i can tell alot about a person by how responsible they are...I can eliminate half the population because they either on drugs or on the welfare train..Once i hear a person that is in that situation i am running very fast..Or a woman that has 3 kids by 3 dads that are no more than 15 months apart...Most men i work with have their child support deducted out of paycheck...So you did not have a clue he did not pay his child support?..If that is the case then you never knew what was coming in or going out as far as bills..If you did then you would have know or not he paid his child support..Sorry to tell you the guy that you wre with was not remotely close to a good guy from the beginning...The red flags were there...And i guranteed you this guy was arrogant/BIG MOUTH(Done everything,been every where,got everything,done seen everybody)..And of course most women beleive this BIG MOUTH,But when the real good guy that can back up what he siad women could careless about this type of guy...What i have found out women love to babysit..They want drama in their lives
 rachellowe
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/23/2013 6:05:46 AM
He was paying it with me, it was the arrears prior to me that I was unaware of. And I took care of all the household bills, he kept a separate bank account, found out about his bad credit when I tried to add him to that account and my bank wouldn't do it until he cleared some things up! Yes, there were red flags, but I moved forward because we had a child and I wanted her to know that even if we ended up apart, we were once married and a family. That was important to me that she know that. And no, I don't like drama. I yearn for a simple easy life and truthful relationship in the future.
 Albvs
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/23/2013 8:17:30 PM
Yep. I was on a different dating site and had become jaded about the dating opportunities on there so I spent my time posting to my blog, writing poetry/songs, etc. During this phase I met someone across the country. She seemed perfect for me. She was funny, talented, adventurous, etc, etc, etc.

After about three months of texting online I wanted to fly out there to see her. She gave some pretty credible-sounding excuses that involved her brother who was dying. At about the seven-month mark I firmly suggested that I was coming out, arranged the tickets and hotel. On the same day as my flight she cancelled, suggesting another plot complication. I stopped talking to her for about a week and she kept up a stream of apologies.

Perhaps a week after that her son emailed me, suggesting that she was a compulsive liar, that she routinely did this and that she was doing this with other guys, too. She was not only married but she had six children, the life she described was nothing like the life she lived. She had created more then ten fake profiles on the dating site of men and women who had conversations with her primary profile to make her seem more legitimate and popular.

-----------

I've witnessed this before on online forums, btw. People will create multiple accounts to make themselves seem more popular and to create online approval for others to emulate. It's rather sad.
 Albvs
Msg: 76
Posted: 2/23/2013 8:32:55 PM

So outside of pulling a background and credit check on every single person I date from here on out, what would you suggest I do to actually find a real normal nice guy?????

I think most people are unrealistic about what they expect from a potential mate without taking a good long look in the mirror.

* most people seem to be unwilling to look for anyone their own (true) age or older. i call it the "you are who you sleep with" syndrome--to sleep with someone younger makes you feel younger, in other words.

* most people live in the past and think of their own attractiveness and body shape to be that of when they were 18 or 20-something. if they formerly dated models then they are unwilling to realistically see that they're going to eventually have to date someone who's not quite so attractive.

* most people are unwilling to accept the same baggage that they themselves bring into the equation.

If you yourself own a business and one or two houses (the kind of financial stability you're probably looking for in a man) then why would you honestly need someone to complete you? Assuming that you yourself aren't this financially stable then why expect that from the man at this point?

So if you're asking how to find a real/normal/nice guy I'd say "set your sights on unattractive or perhaps older or perhaps chunkier men". I'm not suggesting that you are unattractive at all. But if you think about it, the perfect men got married early already and made great husbands and fathers. The ones who are left are less-than-perfect by definition. One could also say the same for the women out there on dating sites.

So embrace your inner loser. Lower your standards one notch on the Quality dial and try again. (Don't hate me.) ha
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Anyone have experience with a pathological liar?