Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Anyone have experience with a pathological liar?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ZombiezRock
Msg: 85
Anyone have experience with a pathological liar?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
My relationship of 3 years ended because of lies. This guy couldnt stop lying to save his life, he lied to me of course about anything and everything but mainly about other women, doing what he wanted . We were only able to see each other on weekends for a long time so it was very hard to pick up on his lies I finally did and caught him several times and was stupid, and let me repeat stupiddddd enough to stay with him a few time despite the lies as he always had an emotional reason for lying.

However manipulation often accompanies lying, and so in the end I had to end it I could not handle his lies he says he didnt cheat on me but when some one lies to you constantly you figure it happened probably more than once. I also heard him lie to his parents and friends so I know his lies were not just directed towards me . When ever he wanted what he wanted he lied plain and simple. I have come to learn our relationship was one big lie, and who ever else he is with he will lie to them too its just who he is.

I myself have a hard time going back and thinking of how I was played, but the red flags were there and I just hoped like hell I was wrong because I really loved him. If i choose to have another relationship red flags will be the red flags they are supposed to be.
 RocknRollit01
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Anyone have experience with a pathological liar?
Posted: 3/9/2013 5:46:47 PM
Brutal women plotted against me for 7 months with her new boyfriend..
I cant even count all the lies and deciet.
 missajm
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/9/2013 7:24:16 PM
I have lots of experience with a patholgoical liar - as I met a guy on zoosk.com (daddio19 on pof) and he told me how his exwife had an affair for 3 months and that is why he is divorced and he told me how he had only 4 kids when he really has 6 kids 3 kids that live in Colorado and 3 that live with him and then he told me how he would never ever do anything to hurt or harm me in any way and he told me how he is a good guy and that he is honest trustworthy and how he is a one man to one woman type of guy and he told me that I needed to give him a chance and that I needed to believe him and while he was seeing me I found out he was seeing several other woman and that when I went to work from 5pm till 1:30am is when he went out and cheated and messed around with the other woman and he didn't think I would ever find out that he cheated on me and now I am finding out that he has 2 sons with drug problems as they are using marijuana and the one son got his girlfriend knocked up and pregnant and the baby is due in about 10 weeks and have also been told by my supervisors that their is some other stuff going on and taking place that he doesn't want me or anyone else to know about and I have been told that he is now seeing/dating a gal that knows me and I know her and he has told her stuff about me and she isn't sure what to think about him quite yet and she isn't sure she wants to get involved in the situation between him and I for fear of what might happen if she does and she knows what he is wanting from her and she isn't she sure wants to carry thru with it as all he wants from a woman is to give him a blow job and make him cum and wanting a woman who will swallow his cum and he is wanting a **** buddy/bed partner and now he is pressing charges against me. He is all messed up and he needs help. So don't mess with him at all as he is spreading std around.
 Jonnyrocknroll
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/11/2013 1:32:04 AM
I was in a 4 yr relationship with a woman i suspect of having bordeline personality disorder... She had a mountain of issues.. Yet she played victim so well " you should feel sorry for me because i have 4 kids and i'm not very smart" thats the card she played.. Some ppl have a whole bag full of sorries.. And none of them mean a thing..
 ROHgirlzz
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/11/2013 6:49:07 PM
Pathological liars just believe their own lies .. they make up their own 'truth' about something. It feels good to them. There's something in the brain that is missing that doesn't monitor this type of behavior. They are so good at it that it is very hard to detect ... and especially if you love them and want to believe the best. It basically sucks !
 missajm
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/16/2013 4:43:18 PM
Oh daddio19 0n pof is really really good at lying as he doesn't know at all how to tell the truth. He has also lied to law enforcement, his attorney and to the judge, to his roommates, his kids, and his family members and he also has lied to his girlfriend that he is currently involved with as he is going around sleeping around and having sex with multiple woman on the side and he is showing his kids that live at home with him how to go around and sleep around and have sex with multiple woman on the side.
 missajm
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/17/2013 1:56:16 PM
No I am not stalking daddio19 as my supervisor has told me everything that law enforcement has told her about what he is going around doing and law enforcement has also told me what he is going around and doing.
 endlesssun
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/5/2013 9:04:32 AM
Yes it happened to me, and real big stuff, kinda like yours. He's a big liar and I'm not and we've moved on. The toughest part for me is realizing how many people knew (it was a small town I'd just moved to), and didn't see fit to tell me, didn't want to get involved, just minded their own business. They could see I was going to walk in front of a moving train and did nothing. Somehow one person being a big fat liar was, by far, easier to deal with.
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/5/2013 12:01:08 PM
Yes, I have dealt with liars in the past. Sad thing is I'm 30, so these are grown men lying. I had men lie about their age, the fact that they cheated on me, where they went to high school, they lied about having kids, lied about being busy. All stupid shit. It's really childish. I just don't say anything cause I know they will deny it till they are blue in the face.
 smillie__
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/5/2013 3:29:45 PM
Yes. Way back in the ICQ days.
In his reality he was:

A corporate lawyer for Meryl Linch. Flew between Boston and Toronto conducting legal work.
Drove a BMW and had a Navigator as his slumming vehicle
His mother was from England, his father was from Trinidad.
Lived in the $500,000.00 condos in Toronto by the harbourfront.

In our reality (since I'm a smart cookie, and found everything that I needed to know from a name and a phone number..and a friend with access to information) he was:

A telephone soliciter for some magazine company
His PARENTS drove those cars. He had a 1992 honda.
He was Jamaican. As were both of his parents.
He actually had a 'last known address' in one of the worst areas in Toronto.

This is the beauty of doing your homework BEFORE you meet someone. I dodged a bullet because I could have been influenced by money and material things. I actually thought that he was WAY out of my league which spurred my curiosity. I just wanted to know something about him that would put us on even ground (in my mind) before I met him!
I still don't know what his motivation was. I could have been murdered. Who knows?
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Anyone have experience with a pathological liar?