Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NCCLTuser
Msg: 70
Why do men make dates and then cancel them?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
OP...

Getting cancelled on is something we ALL get. In the last 4 years, I think I got cancelled on at least 6 times a year. There were 3 women that said they cancelled on me because they had better offers. Online dating will empower people to just cancel. Get over it and keep moving. You at least got a contact with that person and not ignored. Keep your head up and just keep moving...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 72
Why do men make dates and then cancel them?
Posted: 9/2/2013 5:32:52 PM

It all depends, within a day, cool....when you're getting READY for said date...not cool at all. I knew of a female friend that was getting her nails done (for the date), only to have the guy text her while she was at the salon and couldn't make it.

She got home, saw the "Online Now" under his screen name and she gave him a piece of her mind. lol.

Most women get their nails done regardless...she may have moved the appointment up but chances are she does it anyway regularly.

If you plan a date around the person you're meeting it can be frustrating for them to cancel. Being able to go anyway, or having a plan B and C (if you don't want to stay home) is a good way not to let cancelling bother you, even last minute.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >