Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 40
view profile
History
I need help answerin this i just dont understand......Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
IF you want to understand it, then you must step away from it.

Once you realize the whole romantic comedy thing is a dream pandered by hollywood to make money, life becomes much more simple.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 42
view profile
History
I need help answerin this i just dont understand......
Posted: 8/28/2013 9:23:40 AM
^^^^ I play Santa for a few ladies in my life..;)
 jlynn1955
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 5:03:03 PM
Oh lord, when will the belief in those fairy tales stop? Before he became my ex..he used to say "Why can't our relationship be like it was when we were courting?" Because life isn't a fairy tale! There is no "happily ever after" because even the best and happiest relationships hit a few bumps in the road. There is no THE one. There is no MR/MS Right. Real life is not like what you read in books or see in movies. If you really think it is, then you will never ever EVER be truly happy in a relationship.

One dating site I'm on asks this question: Do you believe that it takes hard work to make a relationship work? You would not believe how many people, men and women, say that is false! I had a friend that said if a relationship takes work, then it's time to end it.

Here is something I've been thinking about. "In order to be with a better person, BE a better person". Work on yourself and let the other stuff work itself out.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 5:13:23 PM
Crazy!

Have you ever, even for one moment considered, why that great guy would want YOU? Where do you get this belief that you have to give nothing and are entitled to everything?

And, what jlynn said.

I have a great guy. He does many of the things you say you want in a guy. But, at the moment I'm not working because I moved where he is and don't have a job here yet, and you better believe when he comes home from work the house is clean, a delicious meal is cooking, and I look good. Why should he expect any less? He works. I take care of the house.

In addition, while he is a great guy, and I am a good women, and we have a lot of fun together, sincerely love each other, care for each other's well-being, and are committed to our personal growth, we still do have issues, and at times this is painful and tiresome.

However, as jlynn says, we believe that his is part and parcel or a grown-up relationship, and that the expectation that things will be perfect all the time is foolish.

What you desire does not exist. The sooner you realize that, the better off you will be.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/31/2013 3:50:11 PM
You are living in a dream world that does not exist. No guy should be expected to mend your broken heart. Your heart should already be mended and available. No guy could ever live up to your expectations. That's just reality. You need to become the type of woman a guy close to your requirements would want, and from what I see, you just ain't there yet. You have much growing up to do.
I would recommend a profile review...right down to hall>>>>>
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >