Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Matter over Mind.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DameWrite
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Matter over Mind.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I don't like it when people preach that you can control your body/mind/ from most outside influences. (think it away).

We can't actually fix it once it's in, by then we are just trying to deal with it or rid ourselves of it.

We have to fix it before it gets in and affects us or we're going to end up too stupid/sick or afraid and then it's too late and we're toast.

Mind over matter is a scam old as greed. And it's the greedy ones who perpetrate this lie and the lie that we all should all have this great self control or else we're losers who need to be governed.

Reach_er
Msg: 18
Matter over Mind.
Posted: 2/19/2013 7:39:35 PM
matter over mind may control how we think but are we not able to make the choice to control the matter that comes in if we have to will power which can also be called self control to help control how we think.

sure wish it was that easy to have self control ..maybe I could quit smoking then
 DameWrite
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Matter over Mind.
Posted: 3/26/2013 8:15:04 PM
Reach-er: you can quit smoking Want to learn the easy way?
 ChristianGuy777
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Matter over Mind.
Posted: 3/27/2013 3:07:50 PM
It's both, as far as I know. It just depends on the situation.

God is at the top. He rules all and in the end it doesn't matter how much "will-power" you have... you silly goose, you can't over-come God. Next, I imagine, is God's angels. They wield power from God so they would be able to over-come most anything except for God himself.

Then it's Satan. Next, is Satan's angels

Then nature whether it's natural or super-naturally willed... you've never seen our power, military, technology or anything we're capable take out natural disasters so we're still in the matter over mind zone when it comes to nature.

Finally we come to us. We can probably dominate anything else... which isn't too much, animals, or any problems in the limit-ly known disciplines we have mastered.

Animals... poor animals. No worries, I'll join a Christian green peace for you someday.

So... mind over matter only works over the things we can successfully over-come. Then after that it's matter over mind.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Matter over Mind.