Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Younger Men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bamagrl68
Msg: 18
Younger MenPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
mike11092- I'm thinking she just meant you have a vehicle.
People that have cars have a tendency to say car.
I have a beat up FordF150. It has no a/c and it's looks awful, but it gets me from point A to point B, it's paid for and I LOVE it. (the best kind, IMO, paid for and getting from point A to point B, I mean, no a/c isn't much fun, I'm saving up to fix it)
If something upside down, costing me 500 a month in payments, AND 200 in insurance means I'm mature, well......I'm keeping my truck until it stops running.
Paid for is pretty awesome. :)
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 19
Younger Men
Posted: 11/11/2015 6:36:37 PM

Compare that to the men my age who turn up to a first meet: unwashed, unemployed, expecting to be FB before we finish coffee.
Easy choice.

Welcome to the club!
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 20
Younger Men
Posted: 11/11/2015 11:13:41 PM
I could see some unemployed men over 45 show up to a meet. But unwashed and what ever else its a far fetch. If it happened once it don't mean all men are. I do hope that you can put the same thing to older women. does it mean that all old women are??

If I would have just joined the thread I would come away with the opinion that all old men are slobs. So you get them young while they stay nice and clean and drop them as the older they get the worse they get.

That young guy who is going places would be that old guy that been to places. The loser young guy is the same loser old guy. With the reasoning that some old women use on here about old men does this apply to old women as well??
I know plenty of old women that got nothing going for them and nothing ever did. It never crossed my mind to think that all women are like that. Now most of the good ones are paired up and there are less of them out there. But that goes same for the women. Are going to tell me that all the old women on here are just old Hags .
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 21
Younger Men
Posted: 11/12/2015 2:10:31 AM
LAgoodguy.
I wish it was only once.
Sadly not.
 mike11092
Msg: 22
Younger Men
Posted: 11/12/2015 4:42:01 AM

With the reasoning that some old women use on here about old men does this apply to old women as well??

Ah...you know...now that I think about it...I don't feel so bad about my truck.

Know plenty of women my age, single or otherwise, that do not possess a vehicle of their own. Perhaps THAT is the reason they look for men with a car...
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 23
Younger Men
Posted: 11/12/2015 8:02:13 AM

If I would have just joined the thread I would come away with the opinion that all old men are slobs. So you get them young while they stay nice and clean and drop them as the older they get the worse they get.

I often times get accused of "bashing" older men, so I'll jump in here. I have gone on dates with (slightly) older men, and I have nothing bad to say about them. They showed up clean, dressed nicely, were friendly, but I just didn't click with them. Many of them seemed too uptight and formal, or were expecting to be in a insta-relationship right away. I don't like to be pinned down like that after just one date. A lot of men my age or older also want to talk on the phone instead of texting - I HATE talking on the phone, especially with someone I hardly know. I prefer texting, messaging or best, talking in person. In that respect, I can relate much better to younger men.

There are very handsome older men, especially black gentlemen. They age really well, have great skin, style, and are just fun. Sadly, in general, they are flakier than their younger counter parts and just seem to want to talk, but can't get themselves to meet up in person. Very frustrating, and after two weeks of messaging and no sign of a date set up, I'm moving on.

I'm really excited to see my 44 year old male friend again soon. I'm hoping it will turn into more, and he is definitely NOT my usual type. He used to be an extremely handsome guy when he was young, and he still is, but the stress of his job has taken its toll. He needs to lose a little weight and take care of himself better (already had a heart attack last year). Maybe I like a project, because I can totally see myself getting him back into shape and clue him into eating healthier - that's my passion in life. So despite him not being a physical knock-out like many younger men I know, he is a pleasure to be around, he is fun and confident, and has a commanding presence. He also used to live in Germany, so we have lots to talk about and reminisce. Just thought I'd throw that in, since I get accused of "chasing" young men all the time.
 MentalGiant58
Msg: 24
Younger Men
Posted: 11/12/2015 8:32:34 AM
Ya know, you gals might meet unemployed and filthy men and I'm meeting the uninsured and not living alone.

It's a wash.
 jessebunnies
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Younger Men
Posted: 12/13/2015 8:12:54 AM
This thread is way old. Op is probably long gone by now. But... For what it's worth, in my experience, younger men can be way more mature than older men. Most older men I know have been in long term marriages (no where near ready to to get hitched again) and have young children. Their younger counter parts don't share in that experience.

Personally I won't date men older than me. It hasn't worked out well for me in the past. I've found that older men tend to be more over bearing (like op mentioned), controlling and are trying to play the field like their 22 making up for lost time they spent in their marriages and having toddlers with much younger women!

Ive had more older men contact me wanting to do the FWB thing (while they themselves are out of shape and unattractive) then younger men, who everyone one on here likes to claim younger guys are in it for sex!

Yes, being with a younger man probably won't get you paid vacations to The Bahamas or a new Benz every year for Christmas but you will get someone who is eager to share in your life and experiences, someone to have fun with and who might more closer match your activity level/attractiveness.
 tangofish
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Younger Men
Posted: 12/14/2015 9:38:14 PM
^^^

Anyone 24 years or younger is basically retarded. I mean it's not a fact, but it's so accurate... it damn well should be.

And

Of course your current relationship is the best, it will remain that way till it isn't, at which point it will be demoted to the worst relationship of all of them.

And then once you find someone new, it will go in the baggage section, where it will live out it's years as a subconscious resentment toward men.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 27
Younger Men
Posted: 12/14/2015 9:57:26 PM

Anyone 24 years or younger is basically retarded.

This is what I'm always trying to impress upon people. But you really knew how to put it in to words.
 tangofish
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Younger Men
Posted: 12/14/2015 10:24:39 PM

Resentment comes in all shapes & forms. Many people are bitter & simply resent others being happy & content when they themselves, are not.

Good luck!

Passive aggressive reply detected.

...and...

Thank you whatsamatterbaby,

On occasion, I have a magical way of putting reality in writing
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 29
Younger Men
Posted: 12/14/2015 10:32:40 PM
Thanks god for older women. Sure had lots of fun when I were younger. Now that I'm older its the younger ones for me.
More older women should date younger guys. everyone should enjoy there life.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 30
Younger Men
Posted: 12/14/2015 10:34:23 PM
People learn differently.
 tatsuwen
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Younger Men
Posted: 12/27/2015 8:48:18 PM
"Also, the divorce thing raises some eyebrows. If I say yes to a date, I've had a few guys want to get serious right away. If I say lets take it slow they get all put off so I can't win for losing."

Same. When I first got divorced I would say I don't want to jump into a relationship - NOT looking for casual - notches on the bedpost if you are still interested in getting to know me let's proceed. Only to find in a very short time they are talking moving in and marriage. Nothing romantic or intimate established ever. One guy I hung out just with my son as he knew him. Then one time my son left unexpectedly to go to dad's he launches into to how lucky he is how much he loves me and how lucky he is and he wants to take a job driving could he trust me with his house etc. And I'm like uh... And yes, like you, younger guys asking me out and claiming not to care about my age. Even in their twenties which is a total cut off point for me. I told them just not ready to date. Not so many as my life is very much taken up during the week with my son and on the weekends I have me time mostly.

As for the person that said younger guys don't have it together - I once dated someone younger and he was more together then most older guys. School, job as a trainer AND Tae Kwon Do competitor - I would go to his practices - whatever they are called - where he would spar and do conditioning and dang he worked hard. Now he is a Dr - a scientist that contracts to the gov't and he owns a Game studio. My second was older and also had his life together. Third was on his way and my ex husband was content with the same job he had had for many years contracting to the government - a year younger then me. All had excellent work ethics. I have found age doesn't define a person. I've like younger, older and same age.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 32
Younger Men
Posted: 12/28/2015 8:59:04 PM
that young guy who had his ducks in a row became the old guy who has his sh*t together as well. The reason you meet so many older guys who are loser is that many of them were loser as younger guys. The guys who got things done have plenty of women chase after them. Every once in a while you would meet the older guy who has his sh*t together who is single for one reason or another.

Now were do guys meet women who don't want to get married.. I see on here so many women complain that guys want to move together or get married in no time. But what I see is that women are the ones who start talking about moving together and get married..
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 33
Younger Men
Posted: 12/29/2015 3:14:14 AM

Yes, being with a younger man probably won't get you paid vacations to The Bahamas or a new Benz every year for Christmas but you will get someone who is eager to share in your life and experiences, someone to have fun with and who might more closer match your activity level/attractiveness.

I have found that some (especially hot men of color) do enjoy wining and dining their ladies, taking them to shows, concerts and affording them all of the comforts of proper initial dates. They're handsome, well-spoken, and have their shit together, too. Not my cup of tea (the age) but very attractive, nonetheless.

I fancy a slightly older man of color who is quite the hottie...intelligent, thoughtful, caring, and generous.
 Walts
Msg: 34
Younger Men
Posted: 12/29/2015 5:29:13 AM
I couldn't, even if I really, really tried, talk and describe young women(with a straight face) as some of you older girls have described these young men.

Good for you!!!!!!!

I think.
 ohenryx
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Younger Men
Posted: 12/29/2015 11:05:31 AM

Walts
I couldn't, even if I really, really tried, talk and describe young women(with a straight face) as some of you older girls have described these young men.

Good for you!!!!!!!

I think.

Well, I could. As a matter of fact, I often do, while talking with my male friends in the real world. I would never dare to do it here.

Many (not all, but many) of the regular women posters here in the forums have a bad double standard mentality.

Not trying to start a fight, really, I’m not. But some of you women really do need to examine your own attitudes. And yes, there are just as many men with totally f’ed up attitudes, I admit it.

But two wrongs do not make a right. You, and only you, are responsible for your attitude, your posts.

But the contrast does make me more appreciative of the nicer people here. And you know who you are.
 tatsuwen
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Younger Men
Posted: 1/9/2016 10:12:19 PM
HeyLAgoodguy...I guess everyone has different experiences. Every guy I've been with has asked me to marry him - or just expected I would one day. Granted I have had longer relationships and not a lot of exes. Even guy friends with nothing intimate- in the biblical sense- shared. I never wanted to get married. Never sought it out in a relationship. Didn't think I EVER wanted kids. I wanted to adventure through life. Right before I met my ex husband - my newest adventure was going to be to graduate from Massage Therapy school and travel around the world living on cruise ships and resorts and saving money so one day I could have my own Therapy place for Somatic Education and Thai Yoga Massage etc.

My mom got divorced so to me was always a piece of paper. I've encountered enough single people who stay together without it and are seeming soulmates. Married couples find this too but its hard to see the paper as the cohesive factor. Apparently, not even God can keep all couples together. Now that I've been married and divorced its even easier to see that love and marriage aren't synonymous. I still believe, as always, in true love and soulmates. Nothing changed that. The only reason I said yes to my ex was he appealed to the free spirit in me - he had told me he loved me the first week and the second week asked if I wanted to go to Vegas and get married. We got married at a drive through marriage place and then went to wait in line for the official paperwork. I've never talked about moving in together or marriage. Or I never brought it up. Kinda happened in Alaska because he spent so much time at my place. And in CA when I stopped working for a resort because he missed me being in the city and wanted me to move back - so I moved to his place for a few months before finding my own place again. Of course, I spent every weekend there from Friday on....
 blueandgold5325
Msg: 37
Younger Men
Posted: 1/13/2016 9:46:08 AM
Depends how much older. I personally never dated older before. It's usually around my age, just used to it I guess.

But different for everyone. What do I know?
 Like2dance
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Younger Men
Posted: 1/14/2016 6:27:03 PM
When I was young, 16 to 25, I would date older upon occasion. But at my age I only date younger, much younger!
 Long_Shot_Kick_D_Bucket
Msg: 39
Younger Men
Posted: 1/14/2016 8:45:39 PM
It is not age difference, it is whom (type of guy) the op is choosing to see, which I'm willing to bet these men are chosen primarily by looks.

good job

Define good job? How about just a job to where they can sustain themselves and a relationship. If they could do this on a Taco Bell salary would it matter??

then I did the older man dating and they were so overbearing

Oh my! Someone who wants to date that is looking for a relationship! Heaven forbid!

place of their own

Is that renting or buying?

a 25 year old male could be my son

Hey look at me! I still have it!....sounds more like an ego feel good to me!

also the divorce thing raises eyebrows

You have a son op, aren't you divorced??

Other than having a car to pick up so called losers without, what do you bring to the table?? Sounds like you want want want without putting any work into dating!!

It's not just a older man thing, it is whom the op is choosing to date. There are a lot of good self sustaining men out there. I'd suggest fixing your picker than trying to justify dating younger men for an ego boost.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Younger Men
Posted: 1/21/2016 11:42:37 AM

By that I mean between 25 to 28 and while it is nice to have younger men attracted to me, I don't make a habit of dating them. I mostly say a thank you but know thank you because I am at a stage where I would like a mature male.

If a guy's in his later 20s, whether he's "mature" or not is not dependent on his age. There's no shortage of guys in their later 30s who are less mature than guys in their later 20s. It's called Social Conditioning -- we all are affected by it at least a smidge, but Mature people don't let it affect them to the extent of it judging people based on mere age when they've been an adult for 10 years. There's Plenty of guys and gals in their later 20s who you wouldn't know if they were 40 except by their looks and references to things of the past (songs, movies, where-were-you-when).

Maturity has nothing to do with it. You're apt to find a higher % of mature men or women based on the place you're at, rather than just age itself. A guy who's 41 who's separated & divorcing is not going to be 'more mature' than an educated 28 year old guy who works a lot of hours and is wife-hunting. Just saying.

I'm kind of stuck in the middle of not know who to date because I had my oldest son tell me that a 25 year old male could be my son. I was floored.

12 year difference. Which likely means you'd be prego at 11 (since you're 37 -- right??), then having him at 12. Never listen to that crazy 'logic' -- not good. It's to shame people away from other generations. I can understand in one's hometown not wanting to date anyone their son or daughter's age, if they had their son or daughter early in life -- because of the risk of rolling in the hay with someone who's a friend of a friend (of a friend?) of a son/daughter, thus drama. But the age difference by itself? There's PLENTY of people who are late 20s who look worse than some in their early 40s. Be an adult. When single and around middle-age, you deal with the realistic options at hand. Most will be men around your age or older, some will be notably younger. Don't center things around age, as far as mere dating's concerned.

If I say yes to a date, I've had a few guys want to get serious right away. If I say lets take it slow they get all put off so I can't win for losing.

You'll find that of guys of any age. Guys of a young age you can tell them off the bat that you already had kids, this is great for something causal/laid-back -- but heck, who knows, maybe something in the long-run, but that's for settling down lives together, and compatibility-wise on future needs may not be so. Usually when older women go out on a date or two with notably younger guys, there's less of an Attachment complex.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 41
Younger Men
Posted: 1/24/2016 9:45:57 AM

I have found that some (especially hot men of color) do enjoy wining and dining their ladies, taking them to shows, concerts and affording them all of the comforts of proper initial dates. They're handsome, well-spoken, and have their shit together, too. Not my cup of tea (the age) but very attractive, nonetheless.

I fancy a slightly older man of color who is quite the hottie...intelligent, thoughtful, caring, and generous.

This has been my experience as well - overall black or non-caucasian (younger/same age) men have been much more attentive and nice to me. Even the ones who are not looking for a relationship still treat me with respect, take me out for movies, lunch/dinner/coffee, sit and talk for hours, etc. It is always a pleasure to be with them, they don't push for sex either.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Younger Men
Posted: 1/27/2016 3:49:55 PM
I love it when older women chase after younger guys (and vise versa)!

I was recently on a business trip and having dinner in a small restaurant by myself and I was privy to a conversation that a group of young women (late 20s/early 30s) were having at a table next to me and they were complaining about how guys their age were dating older women and how it was tough for them to get dates.........

Being the socialite I always am I struck up a conversation with them and sympathized with their situation and they invited me to join them!! It was a LOVELY evening! I had the attention of 3 VERY attractive younger females (they even bought ME drinks!! How about that!!) - all made possible because guys their age were dating Cougars! To all you Cougs in the Winnipeg area, I say THANKS FOR A GREAT NIGHT!! Keep up the good work!!

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Younger Men