Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > When a Woman Doesn't Return Calls But Continues Texting      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bobb21045
Msg: 44
When a Woman Doesn't Return Calls But Continues TextingPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
The woman is probably married. Texting can be controlled with fewer chirps or whatever she is using to mask your interest.

I think the general rule is you write or text and then it's her turn. If she doesn't respond within 3 days, she's "Just Not That Into You."

Bob
 mach-one
Msg: 45
When a Woman Doesn't Return Calls But Continues Texting
Posted: 3/16/2013 12:39:59 AM
the op is being used - the woman either has issues, a player, in a relationship, likes attention and/or simply not interested in taking things further...remember women thrive on attention more than anything
 EightySixOneMe
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/16/2013 2:45:39 PM
I know I'm like less than half of 45... but... I'm bored.

She's the first to call me on New Year's Day

She wanted some pipe.

we talked for a long time (about an hour and a half way longer than I probably should have

Oh ya, way too long. Who ended the conversation? This is probably why she doesn't answer the phone either... she didn't want an hour and a half phone conversation in the first place.

we seemed to talk easily

Just easier to keep the conversation going than say I have to go is my guess.

Then we began a few texts back and forth over the past week

We, or you began them? Did she ever wake up in the morning and say good morning to you first?

Am I being too unreasonable to expect her to call back after a few days, after I've left a few voice mails?

Nope.

MAIN POINT: Do women really want/expect men to hound them with phone calls, texts, and emails to show they're interested? In this case, I believe she knows it already, I've texted nice good morning messages and wrote a few short emails as well during the week.

Hounding? Maybe if they're mentally disturbed. Ultimately hounding is way over the top. Girls just know when the dude is interested... it's crazy. Like, 1, MAYBE 2, messages or phone calls is enough to gauge interest. Leaving a voice mail is unnecessary. Don't say anything ridiculous in a text either...pretty much "hey" is all that needs to be said... carry on from there. Watch your words if she responds... keep it brief... Or... text her Hey and the second she responds call her and ask her out... obviously she has her phone in her hands and isn't in a meeting or anything ridiculously time consuming... pretty good way to figure out the low down if she doesn't pick up. Bottom line is a phone call or text isn't how you're going to get to know her, the only thing one should use these communication styles for are to get each other out. Unless you're in an established relationship.

QUESTION:

So how much before you (to men) do before you give up on someone who seems promising but doesn't call back but continues responding to texts?

She gets a couple phone calls... if no dice(answer), she might get a text saying what I wanted to talk to her via phone about(asking her out)... depends on my interest level... anyways, no more than a couple texts either. If after 2 phone calls and 2 messages we're not hanging out, cya. The only time I give it more than a couple how ya doin's is if I got your number from you on the street or at the super market and she doesn't know the number calling her. This is also the only time I consider leaving a voice mail.... otherwise she has your number already and can see you called.

(To women) Do guys have to prove their interest by calling over and over like love-starved puppies?

I'm not a woman but... If the girl is playing the victim card, she might want you to call a couple/few times/what ever so she knows you're being serious/to feel liked... but ultimately, interest is proven on message or call 1 and she knows it. It depends how much you want to play into her feeling like a victim. You need to know when to cut yourself off when playing this game.

if I've called a woman two or three times and left voice mail and she doesn't bother to call back, then I'm done and moving on.

Sounds like you have it figured out. Why is this thread here?
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/21/2013 8:56:38 AM
Don't ya just hate it when someone starts a thread but never comes back to let us know how things worked out? Lol

...mae
 endlesssun
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/3/2013 9:41:37 AM
Great reply! I'm surprised you were the first to pick up on that. I was a single mom, and really truly, some days were full solid. Even if she enjoyed chatting the first time, I wouldn't be surprised if part of the issue truly is time. Also, let's remember this is a new "relationship" between two people who barely know each other, if it was his fiance who would never call and only texted, I'd say something was definately amiss, but in this case, I'd say there could be a possibility that she is interested and isn't getting "busy" with someone else, because she's already busy with life.

I wouldn't throw her overboard just yet, but maybe back off on the texts and let her send the next one, and see what happens. Meanwhile, she's just a gal you've talked to, you have no obligation or committment, and nothing says you can't keep looking
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > When a Woman Doesn't Return Calls But Continues Texting