Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > More of a Not Dating Experience      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vibrantshe
Msg: 24
More of a Not Dating Experience Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Just curious: Did he have a picture on his profile?

________________________________________________________________________________
Yes – He had a picture and well written profile. Also, he had had his profile up for sometime.
 lobo65
Msg: 25
view profile
History
More of a Not Dating Experience
Posted: 1/12/2013 12:15:04 PM
It's not just men who do this kind of thing. I was talking to a woman for awhile, and trying to set up a meeting. Out of the blue she messaged me to tell me that she was going back to her ex, who was a former meth addict. The kicker was that he was the father of her 6 y/o daughter, and she wanted to give the girl the best chance for a "normal" family life. I told her not to come crying to me when that comes back to bite her in the butt. Guess I dodged a bullet there, luckily.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/12/2013 4:33:26 PM

I think that without meeting in person, men often don't seem to realise that we are real human beings not just words on a screen.

If you are contacted by people you have never met before for dates ( a friend shows you a pic and says "you'd be a great couple"), there is absolutely no difference than setting up a date from the Internet. The guy has never met you, he'll stand you up just the same.

20 years ago women were complaining about being stood up for dates. Why didn't he call can cancel? Why didn't he tell my friend who could tell me? Now people are lazy and just blame "the Internet" like it's a haunted forest and your soul is corrupted. Nah. Those people who screw you over on the web will also screw you over face-to-face. Did the Internet stop this guy from calling or texting or getting in his car? Not at all. Are you going to blame the brand of his shoes next?

Accept the fact that some people don't play nice. So stop playing with them!
 venusenvy777
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/12/2013 4:37:58 PM
Sounds to me like you dodged a bullet darlin...Thank your lucky stars
 yffat
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:56:46 AM
""Pick a reason that would make you feel the best and with it.""

The reason I run with a lot is that the earth really is flat and he tripped and fell off the edge!

Or got hit by a bus works too.............

People get cold feet and bail, or get caught by the significant other!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > More of a Not Dating Experience