Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > She wants to be "just friends". Is there a chance for more?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 37
She wants to be just friends. Is there a chance for more?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

I have decided to take the advice I have gotten here and tell her that I can't be friends, I want more out of the relationship than that, wish her well and ride off into the sunset.

Good call.
 JAZZYMIA
Msg: 38
She wants to be just friends. Is there a chance for more?
Posted: 1/13/2013 3:44:36 PM
I could not have put it any better.. I know we hope and pray things are different but the writing is on the wall .. the exact thing happen to me, Let me save you some time , cut off all ties...
 makavali7dayz3
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2013 2:34:26 PM
NO. THERE HAS TO BE A SPARK. THERE HAS TO BE CHEMISTRY.

I may be wrong, but i am speaking from my personal experience. You pretty much know by the first or second date if you have that spark.
 makavali7dayz3
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2013 2:36:55 PM
DON'TEVER EVER EVER HOPE FOR MORE WHEN SOMEONE FRIEND ZONES YOU. IT WON'T EVER HAPPEN. If someone friend zones you then you need to move on, unless you can handle being their friend.
 makavali7dayz3
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2013 2:40:04 PM
"I realized my continuing friendship with him was more about just trying to win him over than actually enjoying the time together, because it was an investment in pain and rejection"

That says it all. 9 out of 10 times your only friendly with them because you are trying to win them over. Your motives aren't pure and the context of the friendship isn't real or positive.
 Wreckless212
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/14/2013 3:07:31 PM
You probably were the nice go-to guy and that's why she lost attraction to you and decided you're just a friend.

Cut all ties and move on.
 rockstar_nj1182
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/15/2013 2:20:38 PM
OP, you're in that rare spot where "I just want to be friends" actually means she wants to be friends.

There's no chance for more. She'll never see you as anything more than a friend.

So now it's up to you, either stay her friend (which can be TORTURE for a while), or move on. Just know what you're getting yourself into if you stay friends. There's no guarantee you're going to get over her, and you can spend every day seeing her go for every other guy but you. But if you can get over it, you might have a good friend out of it.
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 11:52:00 PM
Women tell men they just want to be friends if they aren't physically attracted to them. There could be a great emotional, spiritual, and intellectual connection there but no physical connection.
 NVcollegeguy
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/23/2013 12:13:40 AM
Nope, friend zone = rejection.
 mrcs84
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2013 3:58:28 AM
Ross Jeffries has quite a bit of literature on getting out of the friend zone. However, for most guys I would just suggest that you tell her that you aren't looking for yet another friend, and proceed to cut ties with her.
 sunsunsun4
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/23/2013 5:57:48 AM
Wait a minute. She "phoned Christmas morning before she woke her kids"? Buddy, if you weren't sneaking out of her house at 4 a.m. after helping put out the last presents (and getting a present of your own), you weren't noticing the clues. You were "friended" from the start. Quit putting the emphasis on being nice, and find a lady who's as hot for you as you are for her. Don't ever become someone's hopeful, needy dog.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > She wants to be "just friends". Is there a chance for more?