Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 makavali7dayz3
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Coming to termsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Your attitude is bad. I met a few awesome women. You know how many rejections i gotten ? I would say 1 out of 10 writes back to me. It's a numbers game. If you give up too easily then you won't find anyone.

You need to find new hobbies or reconnect with the ones you had in the past. I used to love martial arts and now i am getting back into it. I am going to meet alot of new people and i may people a wonderful women too.

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING. You know how many times i got upset in the past, because other men were getting messages from women and i wasn't. I was upset because i was short and that hindered me with women. Now i accept my circumstances and make the best of it and it works good for me. I noticed a huge difference between my negative and positive attitude. It really does make a huge difference.

Andy i didn't even see what you about martial arts. Two andys who like martial arts. Lol.
 OutMind
Msg: 20
Coming to terms
Posted: 1/16/2013 8:27:03 AM

I have attempted this and yet my social skills are just lacking in that area, considering my life style it is hard to find anyone to hang out with. I dont smoke , drink, and train 4-5 hours a day.

No you have not attempted. This threat is nothing but an excuse to justify your defeatist attitude. If you have the mental power to train for 4-5 hours a day, you have the mental power to meet people and find people that you relate to. You are simply lazy. You're simply playing the victim.

The world happens and you are helpless. That is fvcking bu ll sh it.

But you know something, you are absolutely right. Tattoo this over your forehead.

What you think. You are.

And like Makavali said:

Attitude is everything.
 katydid33
Msg: 22
Coming to terms
Posted: 1/21/2013 10:56:05 AM
Blue Sky lover: I came to the same conclusion at one point. I have been divorced for 8 years. In that time, I have had only one relationship that went past the first or second date.

All of the people that have been giving you the advice you seem determined not to see, are right. The first two years after my divorce, I was completely alone with no friends at all. Never went anywhere besides work, the gym, and home. But after a while I told myself, this is BS. So I started out small. Tried restaurants I hadn't been too. Found the small stores no one notices. Started going places co-workers had mentioned. I took weekend drives by myself to new places. All small things, but new things.

Then I started looking into groups associated with my interests. For example, I joined a book club for a while because I liked to read. Now I lead an online book club. I have always loved investigating the paranormal. So I found a team that had an opening and joined. Now I am a board member and lead investigator for one of the best teams on the east coast. I still don't have a boyfriend, but by doing all this I have not only found my purpose, I have found three best friends that would toe the line for me and I would do the same for them.

Yes, sometimes I still get lonely without a someone special, but in all fairness, that is only going to change if and when its meant to. In the meantime, I intend to make the most of what I do have and not give in to the depression or loneliness. Besides, as long as you keep being depressed....no one's going to want to date you and guys(no matter how many times we women think they are insensitive) can pick up on a depressed chick in five minutes flat.

BTW: I didn't fill my time staying in town - I live out in the sticks so there is really NOTHING to do in my town. We only have 1 red light. The team I joined is based in a town 2 hrs from home and I go to restaurants that are sometimes in the next state. Bottom line is - Get off your butt and change things. Otherwise, there is no advice that can be given to anyone in your situation, because as long as you don't change, you can't expect change around you and you are the one keeping yourself from having a fulfilling life.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >