Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 86
Do you still love your ex?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

I think when we really love someone it never really ends.

I don't agree with this. There can be events that destroys love-especially if it's fairy tale love that developed within a billionth of a second (love at first sight, instant chemistry with sparks and fireworks, etc.). Events like cheating or emotionally hurting his/her family can totally destroy all and any love. Many people fall in love with an image, and once the costume comes off of that image, we are left with a totally different person who does not live up to the fairy tale image of total perfection we envisioned in our mind.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 88
Do you still love your ex?
Posted: 2/3/2013 7:19:29 AM
Love? no...respect yes, he is the best dad my girls can ask for...
I would be with a man who said he loved his ex..even if they did have children together....
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/3/2013 7:22:50 AM
I meant would not be with a man who loved his ex still..even if they did have kids
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:29:58 AM
No I don't still love my ex husband. I don't even see him as a friend just an aquaintance.
The strange thing is that even my 3 son's see him 'as an aquaintance'. The ex husband catches up with his son's every other week (Their ages are 25,28,30)...they play golf together and he visit's his grandchildren.
When the emotional arrow hit's any of my son's they come to me. When I suggest they talk thing's over with their father I get .....I can't talk to dad about thing's like this. That's pretty sad.
Would I remarry this man? Yes I would...When hell freezes over.
 jan1025
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:50:21 AM
I can say that I loved all my ex.’s and I always will! I believe real and true love is forever.

I am one of those people that just don’t give my heart to any man that comes along, but when I say I love you to someone I mean it! Even if the relationship is over doesn't mean I ever stopped loving them, I just didn't like them anymore, nor do I respect them. Neither would I attend their funeral.

Thanks for the post.
Jan
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >