Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Zuglo65
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Dating stunning women, only based on looks?...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Is it wrong to date them? Yes.
You said it yourself...

poor intellectual ability to write a few sentences on their profile (poor grammar etc).

not for long term.

So why would you want to play with their feelings? If some girl does it to you, how would you feel?
 privat33r
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Dating stunning women, only based on looks?...
Posted: 1/13/2013 9:22:07 AM
There is poor correlation between intelligence and grammar. There is high correlation between looks and intelligence.

Just because some babe picked up her slang boffing Bongo the clown, it doesn't mean she won't be kicking our buttinskis down the road on more or less any measure of acuity.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 9:27:30 AM
^^^He is 22.
Guess I answered as a 47 years old when I said those ladies may get feeling for him.
But I agree with your statement, if those ladies are looking for a good time with a good looking guy, than why not?
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/13/2013 9:37:38 AM
You find them attractive and so you date them but did you ever guess that doing that you are now being labeled as a jerk :)
 Zuglo65
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 9:49:06 AM

if they just want some fun/dating and no long term then is it really an issue?

Course not..As long as those ladies know it won't be a long term. Very important.
I don't know if I agree treating online dating as a bit of a joke..
Many are here to looking for a serious relationship, and if you not, you shouldn't be "joking" about it.
You said you had your feeling hurt, sorry to hear that. So, why would you want to do a same to someone?
 DevotedExplorer
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 9:57:16 AM
^^^ I agree with what most people have said but stating that he is using them for sex is old fashioned some women are only looking for dating and sex also, it's only natural that women enjoy sex also so why are men labelled for this behavior when some women are doing the same thing due to the fact that they want to. As long as everyone is on the same page dating is what you make it.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:12:53 AM
True, ABritinBurnaby
Except for that cutting off a left nut...
He does seem to have a good head on his shoulders, he knows what's the right answer. I hope so anyway.
Maybe he just looking for a validation?
 somekinda_wonderful
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:56:43 AM
Ditto on what Helen said. My husband could write beautifully, but had a limited intellictual capacity for much else. My last partner was very smart, kicked my butt at board games, jeopardy, could talk about almost anything with some knowledge, but could not write, had no interest in it, and not much more skill ~ and really what difference did it make? Because we all have cell phones I never write notes to any one i actually know

At 22 I would say have fun, stay safe, and don't hurt anyone :)
 gtomustang
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/13/2013 3:29:01 PM
When you have plenty of opportunities, it makes sense to be picky. You could try a website that caters more to intellectual pursuits, in hopes of finding a like-minded person--or just go offline and go to a place that would attract people who enjoy using their brain. that way, you don't get turned off by spelling, since you won't be seeing it.

on the flip side, if you think you are using the spelling problem as a way to avoid the "cost" of dating (keeping them interested in you, etc), then that's a different issue. but don't go out plugging hotties just b/c other guys can't. do what makes you feel comfortable...unless, i guess, you know your looks won't be around for long, then as the joke goes, the real estate agent always says to get a lot while you're young :)
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 5:15:07 PM
You don't have to say you're dating multiple women or not looking for commitment. At least not in those words , because that might make you come across as a player and you do not seem like one of those.
You can just say that if you meet someone that you really click with ,then you will be up for having an exclusive relationship with that person, but until then ,you're just taking things one day at a time, trying to meet people and have fun.
As far as the intelligence thing, as some people have pointed out, sometimes a person can be intelligent, but just not know how to write very well.
I know how you feel because I'm someone that has to have decent conversation in a relationship and I get messages from people that barely seem literate. I used to just skip them, but Ive given a few of the nice ones a chance and it turns out alot of them actually speak better than they write.

If you're attracted to a woman, I say go ahead and meet her. Its just a first meeting, you're not making a life time commitment and you might find that one of these ladies that you originally had doubts about turns out to be your one and only, and if not, then you'll still have had fun.
 LathaMath
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/14/2013 4:01:10 PM
Young man, you're going to have to get over your guilt issues.
It's not up to you do decide why women contact you, want to date you, or more.
When you see a stunning woman it's not your place to decide what she wants to do with you.
It's your job to please them to the best of your ability.
The need is great. Do your share. Don't question.
Watch for and act on the signs.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >