Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What's the real problem? Tired of banging my head..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _PassionFlower
Msg: 26
What's the real problem? Tired of banging my head..Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
go to baggagereclaim.com. this website is SO helpful!!!!
 DameWrite
Msg: 27
view profile
History
What's the real problem? Tired of banging my head..
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:23:48 PM
Write in big black letters, DON'T LIKE THIS GUY! and stick it somewhere handy.
 Cheskat37
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/14/2013 9:09:24 AM
It does make since feeling lonelier with him then by yourself. Wish there was a way to k.i.t., sounds like you need a shoulder to cry on. Hope you have friends and family you can turn too during thus difficult time.
 nirvanawithu
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/14/2013 9:32:04 AM
He doesn't love you and that's a fact. The only problem here, is you not realizing it.
 makavali7dayz3
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2013 11:52:05 AM
It doesn't sound like he truly loves you. I am not trying to insult you. You sound like your a really awesome person and he is a fool. I know when i love a women after sex i want to cuddle and talk with them. When i am with someone purely for sex i bounce after the deed is done. Don't give your body to a man who doesn't want to stick around to find out about the rest of you. YOU DESERVE BETTER.
 OutMind
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/14/2013 12:06:08 PM
He is jealous of that huge cat fish you caught.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/14/2013 12:17:38 PM
It never ceases to amaze me what so many women put up with. Sad.
 imanew1
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/14/2013 3:31:18 PM
believe it or not more men are abused in relationships then women ,men hide it ,
I do know alot more abused men then abused women
so your statement should say I don't no why "people" put up with it
I know most men put up with abuse for the kids sake like i did
when I started admitting I was abused ( hit ,spit on ,pushed down stairs ,laughed at ,insulted every day ,I had no bank account for 10 years ) i found most single men are .
my divorce lawyer told me 90% of her cases are caused by the women cheating .
we all have heard a women say "if you go out with your friends don't come back ",
im offended by the constant statements women make that imply men are always the abusers most men don't cheat on there women most men at my age are single because we got out of the abuse.
( Not all men im saying most men are not the abusive asses were are made out to be)
 NYCmasterplumber
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/14/2013 3:34:57 PM
Some men are just a little laid back give him another 10 possibly 12 more years to warm up to you and hopefully his wife wont mind sharing
 venusenvy777
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/14/2013 3:41:36 PM
He IS showing you his interest and he IS being honest with his feelings. He is interested in sex and nothing else. Stop projecting sweetie thats a deadly trap. If he felt love for you, he couldnt control it, and theres no question you would feel loved. Wishing for something, no matter how hard, doesnt make it so. You are a lovely lady and as hard as it might be, your better off cutting your losses and moving on. That way at least you have a chance to find love. As for him? well, some fools dont know what they had til its gone. His loss.
 supplygoodguy
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/14/2013 3:55:06 PM
Gabby ..Gabby .. Gabby .. are you blind???? dump this guy.. you got it goin on girlfriend.. just dump him .. YOU CAN GET ANYONE... he isn't even in your league gal.. you need to stand in front of a mirror and look deeply into those eyes and tell yourself that you love you and you will not do anything to hurt you .. then keep doing that until you actually come away from yourself understanding this..

This guy is not for you.. you're a catch.. he's a dip.. walk away and hold your head up high beautiful .. time for you to hit the ground running.. k..

why the f'ck are you wasting who you are on someone who can't feel girl... get moving.. you are way way.. too much for a dripillator alligator.. get your bootie moving along girl .. you are way way way better than that.. rock and roll..
 EyesRgreeN62
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/14/2013 5:24:33 PM

The man I have been dating has no doubt how I feel about him but he show's no interest in me what so ever..The only time he makes for me is the short time we have together in bed..When he's done that's is..I try to be playful and flirt with him and he just pushes me away..I'm so tired of being rejected by him..He says he loves me and I half way want to believe him..I know I am just wasting my time with him..I just want to know why he acts the may he does.. I am the very last thing on his list.Just fed up!!!!

Part of being in a relationship that is not based exclusively around sex is understanding exactly what your partner needs to feel safe, secure, loved. He needs to find out what you need to feel it, and you do the same. If that is missing and you feel the way you describe, short of therapy and a come to Jesus meeting ... I'm not sure it can be fixed. And frankly at this point, I'm not sure I would want it to be. Move on and next time hold off on the sex until you establish the relationship.
 msright78
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/14/2013 6:50:04 PM
He's in u for sex only I hope u know that.

Whether he says he loves u or not his actions speaks alot louder than words if u ask me.

I don't understand why ur putting up with him?

Find a real man who knows ur worth and makes time for u.

Ur not dating him if u ask me. He sounds more like a booty call.

Dump him and move on!
 makavali7dayz3
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2013 7:04:07 PM
Why are we still talking about this ? If you have self respect dump him. If not don't. End of story and thread.
 Jerilyn
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/14/2013 7:14:20 PM
At 49 you know the answer to your own question. What you should be asking is why you are in denial about it.
 calnewb
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/14/2013 7:46:31 PM
We are not proven through our words but by our actions.

He laid it on thick at first, and now he's not making efforts to impress other then when he wants you in bed.
 Avalena
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2013 9:32:05 PM
It's called manipulation. We do and say what we need to in order to get what we want out of women, and that is usually sex. Why do women repeatedly fall for it? I have no idea; but that's all it is.

And that's not from my personal experiences because clearly I'm an angel, but 99% of guys are ***holes.
 makavali7dayz3
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2013 9:43:18 PM
I think you need to speak for yourself bro. I don't play that sh(t with women. Some guys are jerks and some aren't. Some are munipulators. Some aren't. The men who are worth a damn are honest and direct. You should seek those men out and ditch the liars/losers. I think your question has been answered many times over.
 SunForSome
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/15/2013 9:11:37 AM

He will do better for about a week or so and then it's right back to the same ole crap

Yes. I would like to know why a person would do this too.

Honestly, I don't understand why someone has to pull you into their life, do things that are indirectly rejecting, and then they push you away. If someone doesn't really care for you, why can't they just let you walk away? And... if the answer is that he does care for you, why can't he just behave like a "normal" person?
 Hearton64
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/15/2013 1:19:06 PM

What's the real problem? Tired of banging my head.

The real problem? You tolerating this and allowing it, so end it and stop banging your head.

My work is done here.
 AvailableinIndy
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/15/2013 4:31:18 PM
I dated someone for 7 months like this. Yes, 7 months of my life I won't get back. He just wanted me to go to all his band bookings, and be his Friday night bang. I just left a message on his phone one night that I was done and to come get his bike I had been using all summer. He never did, so I now own a very nice mountain bike! Actually, I got back at him 6 months later when he thought he was going to start the same thing up again. I did something rather mean, but he deserved it. You are better off with out him. If he isn't giving you emotionally what you need, why waste the time at our age.
 makavali7dayz3
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 5:05:11 PM
The question has been addressed and answered. Why is this thread even open ? This isn't promoting the intelligent exchange of ideas. Guy is an ass=drop him. Enough said.
 parisautumn
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/15/2013 6:00:48 PM
You need to get angry - real angry!!
 Your_Move
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2013 8:24:42 AM

Why is this thread even open ? This isn't promoting the intelligent exchange of ideas. Guy is an ass=drop him. Enough said.

Few things are every THAT simple - and this is a prime example of one that isn't, IMO. I think the OP can learn a lot from some of the comments here. The two that jumped out at me as being worth "think time" were:

Jerilyn
At 49 you know the answer to your own question. What you should be asking is why you are in denial about it.
and:
4x4fan
The biggest question you'll have to answer for yourself is are you interested in him because of his way of rejecting you, and would you be into him as much if he was totally into you and didn't seem to reject you.
It's the perfect "push/pull" and he's purposefully, or accidentally playing you like a fiddle.

OP - think about your original statement: "I know I am just wasting my time with him..I just want to know why he acts the way he does"...and then re-read 4x4's post. Jerilyn's right about you knowing the answer - even your original post said you know you're wasting your time - but what seems to be keeping you there for now is that you seem to want to "get" why...so just like 4x4 said - by pushing you away, he's actually getting you to pull yourself back in and stay longer, while you try to make sense of his sociopathic way of treating you. Funky, huh? Kinda ties in with things like "women trying to FIX their guy", or even "women being drawn to abnormal/criminal psychology".
 curviest
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2013 4:49:15 AM
"He needs to be dumped. It will teach him some humility. "

Hurrah
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What's the real problem? Tired of banging my head..