Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Does money matter so much?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
You are a single mother somewhat dependent on your parents. This is not the ideal demographic for dating. YOu have a child or children that a man coming along does not want to have to support. You seem to think that they should and that you are entitled.

I would also get rid of any shots not just of you. It is a dating site and probably the others in the pics didnt give permission to be spread on the internet. I would also put a few pounds extra as BBW will automatically cause men to click next......

BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 45
Does money matter so much?
Posted: 11/19/2016 9:22:46 PM
As other posters said: it is no longer a one income economy. Your feelings of wanting to be a wife and mom are natural, most women want a family and resent the idea of paying a day care worker to raise their kids. But they have to accept, just like i had to, that its simply NOT reality anymore for the vast majority of the population in this system.

Your choices are:
1) get a career (which really is the best choice because marriage is no guarantee. Even if he can support you he could drop dead in a car accident and you are left with no income.)

2) lose weight and conform your body to the utmost conventional beauty standards in hope of snagging a wealthier guy to keep you home (and understand chances are he will replace you post kids since most men who care a great deal about looks burn through women like crazy always looking for hotter and younger)

3) work dead end jobs and struggle all your life. This is most likely what will happen to you so long as you do not go to school or work full time and make moves to grow your career.

ohenryx
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2016 9:17:25 AM
I often find myself in disagreement with BB, but her post just above is dead on. I believe she has summed this up in a nutshell.

What's sad is how many people do wind up taking option 3.

Messages this short may not be posted
Messages this short may not be posted
 cooldog65
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2016 9:37:53 AM
The OP started this thread almost 4 years ago and hasn't posted since. A little late to address her now.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2016 1:20:10 PM

I was approached by my (only) ex about possibly trying again, but once he found out that I was still making so little money, needing help to get by in life, etc., he dismissed me as not acceptable. I want to know why and how did the amount of money someone makes become such a big deal in a relationship?

Because the concept of Working & being able to At Least hold your own means something in a Relationship. You two already had one -- and he was pointing out the reason. Why go again, if a central issue was still there, ya know? I'm pretty sure in your situation, he wasn't expecting you to be some big career woman -- but instead, wanting you to be someone who isn't Dependent on a BF financially as part of your individuality. I think a guy would be willing to date a gal who isn't making it by so well -- but after Dating for a while he finds out That's the way she likes it, and it's not merely some temporary down period in her life -- he'll be turned off.

Your choices are:
1) get a career (which really is the best choice because marriage is no guarantee. Even if he can support you he could drop dead in a car accident and you are left with no income.)

Or "merely" a stable work record, with or without an Associates Degree (although the latter is probably the best option)... where you'll at least be able to support yourself consistently, even if living paycheck to paycheck if not being a real frugal person. Guys in the dating field in general don't ask for much -- just "Hey, you can hold your own."

2) lose weight and conform your body to the utmost conventional beauty standards in hope of snagging a wealthier guy to keep you home (and understand chances are he will replace you post kids since most men who care a great deal about looks burn through women like crazy always looking for hotter and younger)

Yeah, but a gal's options will still be limited. And getting to the point of getting a truly Wealthy guy -- many women can't do that by getting in good shape while expecting to never work to support themselves... unless they go really Low on looks of said Wealthy (much older) guy.... or more realistically a guy with a great paying job but certainly not Wealthy, but she becomes out of his league because he's sub-par on the looks.

IMO, I would say a gal with her mindset needs to come back to post WWII reality: There's no entitlement or value in the tradition of women being labeled as not having to support herself. It should be a value to herself as a human being to be able to. And with that said, strive to accomplish both #1 and #2 with some accomplishment -- and things will work out just great. But the main thing is the Entitlement mentality, which will turn too many guys off that she'd take a liking to.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >