Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Question for Ladies 50+      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 beechbabie
Msg: 101
Question for Ladies 50+Page 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Agreed! A lot of men don't seem to "get it" .....hold the door for me. Remember my birthday etc.....not rocket science!! lol
 beechbabie
Msg: 102
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/2/2013 9:13:48 PM
Women our age don't NEED a man. We would LIKE a man but. as you suggested, men are easily replaced by two "c" batteries that dom't talk back or make rediciulous demands
 Giggles10000
Msg: 103
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/2/2013 10:16:18 PM

Women our age don't NEED a man. We would LIKE a man but. as you suggested, men are easily replaced by two "c" batteries that dom't talk back or make rediciulous demands

Gosh I dislike it when women who have their own agenda against men try and speak for all women...

I NEED and WANT a man, I just don't have to have ANY man--only the RIGHT one that fits with me.

And I am very very sorry you can use your "c" batteries devices all you want ...I want to be kissed deeply and passionately ...often--and they don't make anything that does that...I want to smell a man as he is kissing on me, I want to run my fingers over his body and when appropriate I want to have something to sink my nails into...I want to taste a man ...all of him...and most importantly I want to look deeply into his eyes and see the passion and desire he has for me...and sugar there isnt a single "c" battery operated thing on the face of the earth you can do that with!
 demux21
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/2/2013 10:43:29 PM
That is music to my ears. I have had that conversation and had to tell a few women "your problem is you are no longer feminine but you expect to betreated as though you are. The rhythem of a relationship is when your femininity is played aginst my masculinity and we produce music just walking down the street",
Thank you for being you. The world needs 1000 more!
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 105
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/2/2013 11:10:35 PM
I think most women want that spark of interest and attraction and more or less can tell within 5 minutes.Love at first sight is not so likely at middle age but there are many factors to consider. If it feels like a job interview then make excuse quickly and depart. Naturally women are wary and want to suss out if you are worth seeing again,but there are ways and ways of doing that. Every situation is different and we cant tell you what to do. I would like a little courting and romance otherwise why bother? A woman can get sex anytime and the guys that want it on the second date are not for me. Many men will pass on by if sex is not on the table pretty soon, and that annoys a lot of women also and they just forget about dating site guys..
 cinbad444
Msg: 106
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/3/2013 6:02:06 AM
I take what I think is a logical approach. If I see a certain kindness in man's eyes, if his profile has some effort put into it and he let's me know what he liked about my profile, I'll start a conversation. In that I would like another picture and some personal information, then we can chat on the phone and arrange a date if we find some things in common or just find a pleasing rapport. I can usually tell within 2 dates if it will go any further. most of the time I can tell on the phone. 1 date is the average.

Romance is definitely something I want. Courting? If that means dinner and a movie then yes. If you are n a rush to have sex, then I suggest you look for a profile or "dating" site that indicates this is what she is looking for. It sounds to me like the poster of this question is looking for something short, quick, and easy. Just because we are older doesn't mean we have sacrificed our morals.
 softshoe100
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/3/2013 6:54:09 AM
Ok ladies you got 5 minutes to tell me why I should be attracted to you. For some reason women seem to think that they can tell within 5 minutes of meeting you whether your worthy or not. I guess I have not that person yet. I've known people that I like immediately and was wrong and met some I didn't like immediately and was wrong. I'll hold the door for you but won't remember your birthday,5 minutes just isn't time enough. lol
 sunnyway2
Msg: 108
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/3/2013 7:32:39 AM

you know within the first five minutes if the "chemestry" is there or not

Yes, sometimes the spark is there immediately, but often it takes a while for the attraction to grow. Starting a relationship based on chemistry doesn't bode well for its longevity. It's fine for casual dating, but personality and character are more important than lust at first sight when one is hoping for a lasting relationship. Discovering a person's finer qualities take some time and a willingness to overlook surface flaws. When one falls in love with the person (not just the face or physique), physical attraction grows.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 109
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:49:39 AM
Giggles - post #107 - I loved your post - that sort of attitude is what can make having a partner, fun, exciting and deeply satisfying.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 110
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/3/2013 9:04:33 AM
Ok ladies you got 5 minutes to tell me why I should be attracted to you. For some reason women seem to think that they can tell within 5 minutes of meeting you whether your worthy or not. I guess I have not that person yet. I've known people that I like immediately and was wrong and met some I didn't like immediately and was wrong. I'll hold the door for you but won't remember your birthday,5 minutes just isn't time enough. lol

I can't tell you in 5 minutes why you should be attracted to me---however, I can tell you in less than 15 seconds why I wouldn't be attracted to you. That's the beauty of online dating---we can spot dealbreakers in profiles from the get-go.

For the record, holding a door for me is totally unimportant---while forgetting my birthday would be an issue for me. Thankfully, my guy has never forgotten mine.
 aprilande
Msg: 111
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/3/2013 9:24:35 AM
Its not the same for me as when I was younger. I guess life experience has made me more cautious than before. I am curious about the same thing about men. I never really get this but its happened several times. I am having a nice conversation, moves to the phone. then the man wants to meet - usually faster than I am comfortable with but you have to be flexible. Once the meeting has been agreed upon either they cancel at the last minute or I dont hear from them again. I guess I am doing something wrong
 Bogie_Bacall474
Msg: 112
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/3/2013 11:44:04 AM
^^^ Apparently women do the same damn thing; old photos, 50 pounds overweight and state "average", older, shorter, etc. So, it's not just the men who "exaggerate" or fail to disclose or show up dressed like a bag lady. Some just put up blurry pictures and hope or the best.
 LathaMath
Msg: 113
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/3/2013 1:29:02 PM

I'm not over 50 but, I do think as we age, we do learn from our mistakes
Dreaming in Technicolour here. Learning from one's mistakes is a sign of maturity, not of aging. Aging has nought to do with it. Even then learning does not necessarily mean a change in behaviour. Education does, but not learning.

C batteries can't cuddle or kiss
Why go for "C" batteries when you could have "D"s? :)

Hollywood movies determine most people's approach to dating and courtship (moreso those over 50 who remember backseats at drive-in movies). Jack Warner has a lot to answer for besides stiffing his brothers.

TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 114
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/3/2013 1:38:51 PM

I guess I am doing something wrong

Yes. You're talking to the wrong men. I have never failed to show up for an agreed upon first meet.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 115
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/3/2013 5:23:59 PM
@softshoe- it even says in the Bible a man who finds a wife finds a good thing, not the other way around...
I don't have to prove a thing...but the man does...the onus is on him...if he proves to me he is decent, I may consider him...
 Bogie_Bacall474
Msg: 116
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/3/2013 7:54:11 PM
^^^. I really think that goes both ways - the onus is on both of us to prove we are worthy. If I am worthy he will consider me and vice versa. We don't get a free ride because we are female nor should we. And many of us don't hold what the bible says as worthy of our life decisions, some do, I don't.
 softshoe100
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:24:50 PM
Hey there blonde angel,I do agree any man or woman who does happen to find a good partner has a treasure. My comment was made more to those women who think they know in the first 5 minutes if he is the one,hell i don't know if she is the one after 5 dates. lol It just seems to me that maybe we put to much importance on the 1st impression. It takes time to really know someone. Along with that at my age i have nothing to prove. If someone treats me respect that's what they get.
 Ready_Real
Msg: 118
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/3/2013 9:02:47 PM

Excuse me? This forum is a place of mutual respect. Kindly recognize that some of us couldn't disagree more with every word you've just written even as we respect your right to write all of them.
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 119
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/4/2013 2:23:31 AM
Women are happy with two c-batteries, a man, with a double-d battery. Size 37++. As long as battery is involved, everything is cool.

Is it possible the c-batteries are preferred by unts, and d batteries, by icks?

This is said in general fun fashion, I AM NOT AT ALL POINTING FINGERS. My intention is not to single anyone out or to offend anyone else other than myself.

In fact, I have many much funner use for my fingers than to point with them.

GIRLS!!! Did you know that a fat man's fingers are also overweight? And underrated.
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 120
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/4/2013 7:09:29 AM
from scb19a OP
... I don't know about you ladies, but most of my first or second dates feel more like job interviews than dates-and I guess at our age there is more to tell about our experiences...

I feel certain you are being sincere with your all your questions, but this statement confuses me as I just tried to read your profile and found nothing there. No photos and no substance within. Can this be the reason for feeling like your first dates are "interviews"?
 Giggles10000
Msg: 121
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/4/2013 1:06:34 PM

... I don't know about you ladies, but most of my first or second dates feel more like job interviews than dates-and I guess at our age there is more to tell about our experiences...

I feel certain you are being sincere with your all your questions, but this statement confuses me as I just tried to read your profile and found nothing there. No photos and no substance within. Can this be the reason for feeling like your first dates are "interviews"?

I have had many different men say that they feel like it's a job interview but I never ask those kinds of questions, see a person will tell you what they want you to know about them, you learn to listen to what they also don't say. If a man is happy and secure in his job he will tell you what he does, he is proud of himself and if he likes you he will want you to know--if he doesnt then in his mind there is some issue he needs to resolve.

I had a met with a man I started talking to on a Saturday afternoon, he said he was tired of eating alone since he was new to town and would I meet him at my favorite restaurant, I picked the Mexican Grocery Store where they have real tacos for $1.79 each...nothing expensive and he started asking me questions and I just told him my story vs the back and forth and then said ok your turn--at this point he said no you ask me what you want to know--I was like ok--"What makes you happy?" He says OMG no one has ever asked me that and I wasn't prepared and he went on about what an amazing question it was. I dont think he ever got around to answering it. Later in the evening he told me he was a therapist, he volunteered it along with all the other information you would want to know--just give them time to want you to know and they will tell you.
 Bratty_to_the_core
Msg: 122
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/4/2013 5:54:36 PM
It's different when older. I am looking for a man who pays his own bills on time, is on time for a date, treats me like I am important to him and equal partner in the bedroom.

The last guy I tried to date ... lied about everything, his level of fitness, being a giving partner in the bedroom and knowing how to treat a lady, being a good communicator, etc.

It's tough, for me it's not love at first sight ... or should I say lust at first sight . Yes, most definitely I have to be able to imagine being in bed with that guy and if the answer is no .... I end it.

If a guy shows up very late (2 hrs) and wearing sweats ... I end it

when it is right, it is right ... I've felt it and it was amazing ... shame we live in 2 different countries..
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 123
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/5/2013 7:21:36 AM

Question , why do so many very young me keep posting me

The obvious answer is that they are having no luck with women thier own age so they are hitting on older women thinking that they will have a leg up based on thier youth. Based on what I read on these forums and have heard IRL some women my age seem to be going along with it.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 124
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/5/2013 5:55:57 PM

The obvious answer is that they are having no luck with women thier own age so they are hitting on older women thinking that they will have a leg up based on thier youth.

I don't know about that----I've been contacted by some younger men who were highly attractive, charming, educated, and accomplished. I'm sure they had no trouble attracting women their own age, or younger.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 125
Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/5/2013 6:09:15 PM
So did they give you any reasons why they preferred the company of older women?

I don't see why a man would target a significantly older woman if he could have woman his own age or younger if she was equally attractive. He is not likely to be as mature as an older woman or have as much in common with her.

Not too many men are going to reveal that the reason they are messaging an older woman is that they cannot get anywhere with women thier own age who they feel is attractive - that sort of honesty would throw his chances completely out the window.

The statistics for men on these sites point to a significant shortage of women in all but the older age categories and in the older categories it is roughly equal so going older could be the logical choice for any young guy who is down on his luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Question for Ladies 50+