Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > "struggling on POF could use some pointers"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 36
struggling on POF could use some pointersPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
OP, I still fail to see who you are, where is your personality?

OFMM
 Mulan73
Msg: 37
struggling on POF could use some pointers
Posted: 2/1/2013 7:21:20 PM
LoL- Ouija said it pretty good!!!
And did I miss how your hair must have looked before? Oh My. Go back again! And when you are there ask them to take a little off your eyebrows too.
Your main pic has you looking like you are in bootcamp or being held hostage somewhere.
Another pic has a horrible shadow in it making your face look fatter than it is.
The other two pics depict your clothing as very sloppy and unironed. I know you all have irons in the UK.

Also you play video games in your pass time? And you have taking her to an arcade as a choice?
Are you 15 or 25?

Ixnay on the Otophays. Start over- and smile.
 Indira46
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2013 7:23:36 PM
Mulan's funny..."held hostage"....hehehe
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2013 7:19:33 AM
Changed my pics more times then I can remember, get a haircut still not good enough it would seem for everyone.
Just asked to remove the puffy sides and top and then do something that suited me.
I'm a guy I know f**k all about hair styles etc. If you're an expert on hair what would you recommend?

Which pic is best out of the 4 then?
The arcade stuff is bollocks, I added that about a day ago and not been to an arcade in about bloody 12 years. But all the guys told me my profile was boring, and I'm not 15-25 more like 40plus that's the problem.
What should I put "(e) the bookeys (f) museum" zzzzz boring.. and Ever single picture with me smiling doesn't work I cannot smile been told I look like a pedo and all sorts so.

P:S daysleeper It was longer everyone told me i looked like a arsehole, so I had it shorted because ironically I have had buzzcuts for the last 10 years and Do look thuggish and makes my face look fatter.

And how to inject personality?
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2013 7:34:48 AM
"go back again" and say what "Sorry hun crap the first time let me pay you again to take 1 strand of hair off me thanks"

Sigh why is this so difficult must have taken at least 200 pics and all sh*t.

(oldfashmntman)
My personality is an old b4stard, doubt it would be a good idea to give off that vibe.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/2/2013 7:46:14 AM

My personality is an old b4stard, doubt it would be a good idea to give off that vibe.

Okay, I will address "old" first, you look like about 30ish in your pictures, how old are they? OLD is NOT a personality trait, **stard COULD be, but I don't get that from this thread.

Go read my profile, then also a few of the other regular reviewers here, maybe that will help.

OFMM
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2013 8:02:56 AM
I will read you're profile.
I'm sensible, reliable, and actually pretty funny that's about the only real traits I have. But hard to give off my dry sense of humour in text form, that and people might take it the wrong way.

My pictures are all current, I take many they delete about 99% of them the ones I posted are the best out of them.
I'm 25, but everyone who knows me jokes that I'm more like 50.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/2/2013 8:14:44 AM

I'm sensible, reliable, and actually pretty funny that's about the only real traits I have. But hard to give off my dry sense of humour in text form, that and people might take it the wrong way.

Very good! This is a start! I realize it is challenging to show humor, especially certain types. Don't proclaim yourself to be funny if you can't show it, better left unsaid.

Sensible and reliable are desirable traits, can you use one or both in a sentence rather than just listing them? Give us an example of what makes you reliable.

OFMM
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2013 2:11:16 PM
Hmmm, like "on a night out I always take care of my guys if they have overdone it"
Or "the snow won't stop me getting to work" kinda boring ^

Never show up late. never let anyone down.
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2013 3:03:47 PM
Tried to use humour like, "Not to shy to hold you're hand in public, or to shy to hold you're hair back when you're sick"
"Will pull you're seat out, or pull you out of a bad mood from a rough day"

Decided it was to much cheese.

P:S after all that the girl was probably a troll her account was deleted, and many others. Pof must have done a banhammer.
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2013 5:45:40 AM
(NatureGirlMaggie)
If you did read everything I have already edited my profile many times, even to the extent where someone has posted my whole profile correcting all the spelling mistakes etc, what exactly is wrong with it now.

People suggested to have a hair cut about 12 times so i did exactly what they said, and I put my hands up and said yeah its crap. "Asked for something that suits" and still get comments telling me to go back cannot win.

What are these suggestions "new pics" done this literally 300 times and every pic is no good. If they all look crappy what am I suppose to do I have posted the best of the lot so you can imagine what the rest look like. Not "dismissed anything far from it done ever little thing that has been recommended more like losing my identity and being false.

"Come on, big guy -- lots of pretty young girls here telling you exactly what to do, and you are still not sure?" well they helped me with profile issues but you're still not happy, and change pics and haircut done and done failed at both so.

The reason why it's the longest ever is because nothing seems to be improving my chances. Everyone has there own opinion goes without saying and few of them contradict each other.
Have edited my profile more times than I can remember using input.

Regards Chris.
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2013 5:56:58 AM
(Ouija2013)

Pages and pages of advice "send few messages ask num/meet yes good no bin next!" that's pretty much it.

And in 2045 sure you will all still be telling me my hair looks sh*t so nothing will have changed.
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2013 7:41:08 AM
Uploaded a few more pic's tell which ones I look terrible in, no doubt all of them.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:12:42 AM
Hi OP, I will break it down for you top to bottom and make my final comments, the rest will then be up to you.

<div class="quote">Start with something spontaneous.

This is thinking out loud and pointless. delete

maybe a sky dive would be next, we will see.

Might or will, not WOULD

what is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?

What not what

I'm a very reliable kind of guy, very good at organizing events, gigs, party's getting everyone together.
When we're meeting I will Never show up late. Never let anyone down.

Move this to the top.

I enjoy a good comedy club; would like to go watch Michael McIntyre or Frankie Boyle. He is an acquired taste maybe but always pushing the boundaries, boundaries are there to be broken.

Which one is the aquired taste?

I currently live out in the country, cannot beat the fresh air and the scenery, this doesn't make me a hillbilly though. Now would you like to try some of my moonshine :)

comma instead of period, then "moonshine anyone" or "care for some moonshine" or something similar.

love a game of pool or darts just for fun, not keen on people taking it too seriously.

Love not love.

I really want to jett off around the world. Would love to try out Holland all the people are so friendly, down to earth and up for a laugh.

I really want to jett off around the world, would love to try out Holland where all the people are so friendly, down to earth and up for a laugh.

Maybe Japan or Okinawa like the quirky humour and advanced technology "cannot beat robotic toilets ha ha"....

Comma after Okinawa Lose the ha ha...

Decided to give pof a go,

Chris, think about this, are you trying to bore the ladies to tears? DELETE

would like to meet a caring, intelligent, Girl with a good personality.

That's odd, imagine that, so would everyone else! NEVER state painfully obvious stuff, it makes the ladies want to barf. DELETE

Can share a silly laugh with or a serious conversation.

Same as above. delete

Similar interests always helps, from a night out to a quiet night in with a movie it's all fun with the right company.

Cliche. delete

Slightly late but I'm Chris.

Yes, it is, if you must say it move it to the opening.

Oh my pictures, sorry all the good ones (me wrestling a alligator or interviewing celebrities at the golden globes) have gone missing :P

No no Chris, DON'T say stuff like this, women are attracted to CONFIDENCE, not insecurity! delete

Describe the womans personality that you wish to meet.

OFMM
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2013 4:32:12 PM
Thank you, oldfashmntman.

I actually had an introduction but was told on another thread to delete.
The pics comment was suppose to be a joke :P.

Guess I better give the personality ago no idea what to put without it being a "cliche" guess I'll give it a shout out.
Cheers.
 Mulan73
Msg: 51
Posted: 2/3/2013 4:52:26 PM

Years from now I'll log on from the home for the bewildered and it will still be going strong" how's my hair?"2045 - " how's my hair now?"

buahahaha ouija!

Well guy- you've added some brighter pics and changed your profile a bit. I'd delete that 2nd pic. And people say when you smile you look like a pedo?? huh??
Do you have teeth? Are they bad? You don't show them in any pics. You look like you are extremely fighting to smile.
I think you are just a young dude that isn't getting all the replies you'd like. Go out to a pub!!!
 Mulan73
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/3/2013 4:54:34 PM
And I'm not sure that CalmingTranquility describes you. Just saying.. Maybe it does your personality, but it hasn't this thread- and if that's an indication of you.. I'd change the Name.
 Mulan73
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:26:50 PM
buahahahah- trim the eyebrows too and then take some new pics for him where he's smiling!!!!!! Not looking like he's being held captive. And change his name from CalmingTranquility to Needs2Go2Apub
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 7:33:17 AM
I went to the damn hairdresser and said exactly what I was told to "remove puffy sides" and what would suit me EXACTLY what I was told to do this is the result. There is no way in hell I'm going back again. Not my fault that they didn't so a good job or whatever, what exactly do you want it to be a skin head.

I just uploaded the "best pic" of me trying to smile and it's still bad, my teeth don't really show other then my front too.

(Chris, everyone has jumped on your ship and tried to assist.. I don't know why you can't see that or follow any advice given.)

I actually cannot comprehend this, all I have done is follow the advice given even to the point "jump off a cliff" sure.
Changed my profile to exactly how it was put. remove intro change this remove that. here is a punctuation break down.
New pics Have changed them about 15 times but never good, I shaved away my unibrow but I guess that's "not following the advice given again."

The pub is the biggest waste of time ever, a total joke. I'm 25 and about as much fun as chlamydia. If it was as simple as "go to the sh*t pub" don't you think I would be there over this painful insulting site.
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 7:46:41 AM
The too pic's that I was told to delete where actually fresh from the hairdressers and she had used gel etc.
Some people like 1 others hate its all opinion. There uploaded a few random others.
Yes I failed and upgraded at the start, first site.
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 7:53:41 AM
The one with me"at bootcamp" and the one of me "looking way to serious" and the ones straight from the hairdressers gel etc just reupoloaded
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:10:23 AM
I don't think I look any good in the spec's and need a new pair I can only just see my computer screen when sat right in front of it. Guess I'll look into photo shop then. Or take another 50 pic's and choose the best of a ugle lot.

Might change my name to OneInTheChamber, and state that I have more medical problems then a clown has handkerchiefs up his sleeve.
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 4:55:18 PM
Guess you gave up then ouija2013 ?
 Mulan73
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/4/2013 5:31:09 PM
Lmao Ouija-- I think you should get some gratuities for all this help.. hahaha you've been mega mega patient and helpful with him.
The hair cut and the new black shirt photo are DEFINATELY great.
I'd prolly delete that shadow one and the other you're being held hostage one.

Not sure about SpontaneousAdmirer . kinda sounds creepy to me.. but you've done A LOT of work.. wow.. you've came a LONG way!!! Good job.
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:07:55 PM
Evening ladies, Yeah no posts today stuck at work. My phone is older then me, I have to travel to the nearest phone museum in the section near the walkie talkie's I can recharge my phone.
No app shame considering I sit at work doing nothing half the time.

I'm the first to admit, Noticed that nasty double chin, Believe it or not I used to be quite slender.
But I went from very active job's plumbing, gardening, shitty argos etc, to a bookey where I sit on my arse all day.
Put on about 4 stone give or take, currently losing the weight so fay 2 stone so at the half way house.

The name was just A random steal, I was brainstorming at work

Any of these good.
IntelligentGuppie
reliableGlowRod
LastManDancing
BrightSpark
ManInTheMoon
AppleOfYourEye
FunkySoul
GiantsPillow
ClassyConcord
BachToBach

And general mixes.

No Idea how to come across "depending on how they are might be more humour or less."
Maybe got used to talking to mature adults and work environment. Most of the time we are going ok once we get chatting. Its just getting the convo started in the first place.

I posted about this on "ask a girl"

P:S ouija2013 that's so 90s cutting out the heart, nowadays I like to take the liver and some jewelry :P
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > "struggling on POF could use some pointers"