Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why Is It So Hard To Meet White Guys...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jmbrownjr
Msg: 101
Why Is It So Hard To Meet White Guys...Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Hi Chicago , I am sure race is a large issue in many places, but is not very relevant in Sacramento, CA and the majority of California. From your photo I can tell you that you are a beautiful and appealing black woman. I don't understand how this site works but perhaps I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Always keep pride in yourself that you are an awesome woman and put yourself in situations that will place you in a place that can fulfill your dream. peace
 jmbrownjr
Msg: 102
Why Is It So Hard To Meet White Guys...
Posted: 1/23/2013 5:59:02 PM
it is not hard for us white guys to meat an Asian woman. You must go where they are.
 Sexycoolchic
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/24/2013 2:09:16 AM
I must be unique, because I get hit on by white, black, Latin, mixed everyone on a daily basis, most ,en say they love my smile, and positive profile, that most women's profiles list too much of what they "don't" want, you attract what you reflect, keep it fun, and I reply to everyone whether I am interested or not, and yes even the bi- sexual guy who was being honest. Although I rock locs my look is versatile.
 Sexycoolchic
Msg: 104
Posted: 1/24/2013 2:14:54 AM
Sorry, forgot to add white men love my hair and stated they are sick of weaves, so really younwould be surprised, the more happy you are with you, it's magnetic, on that note Have A Great Day, Happy Fishing😃
 SexyKG74
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 6:54:00 AM
Bottom line, black women who are a good catch and happen to be open to dating white men or any other type of guy does NOT need to change anything about them (whether appearance or personality)...it's more about being in environments that would allow you to encounter whatever type of man you are seeking.

I've been around a couple of black women who felt they needed to throw the long weave in their hair, some even blue or green colored contacts...in effort to find white men who are interested in them. To me, that's a sign of weakness/not being confident in who you are. I once told a black friend who had this philosophy "if that is what a white man is strongly attracted to that, he can date a white woman." I would never do that.
 cooldog65
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 7:22:21 AM
^^^^^
Lots of "Sexy" above me. Excellent posts from both of you.
 lowmiles2
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/24/2013 12:41:41 PM
Just maybe you have too many restrictions in your profile for all us white guys that like to date black women.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 3:37:37 PM
I don't even know what a darn weave is that someone might throw in their hair.
 Pisces22469
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/24/2013 4:03:44 PM
I've never understood why anyone is against dating within their own race. Surely, there have got to be some good black men out there for the black ladies. Same with good white men for the white ladies.
I personally know of several people black & white that want know part of dating within their own race.
I get more (2 to 1) messages from black women. After a couple months of it, I even put in my profile that I prefer to stay within my race.
I guess they don't read the profile, it hasn't slowed them down any since I added that part.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 7:42:23 PM
(I've never understood why anyone is against dating within their own race.)

Nothing wrong with not being to understand why certain people are open to variety...we just do...because we can.

(Surely, there have got to be some good black men out there for the black ladies. Same with good white men for the white ladies.)

I'm not sure if you're aware, or have read this entire thread. As for black women, I have mentioned there are single black men...but they EASILY outnumber the population of black females within the US. Even if about 25% of single black women exclusively dated non-black men there would still be enough single black females available for the men. According to statistics, black women are least likely to marry in comparison to females of other ethnic backgrounds...this has been a fact for years.

Believe it or not, that statistic increases even more when a black female has an advanced degree or is of a higher income bracket...because while yes, there are black men who earn college degrees, there is a much larger population of educated black women...ironic, considering there are more black men. Right now, I know several educated black women who only desire black men...these women are single...they've tried the dating sites, going to places of worship, mixers, etc...and they're not having luck...but they are not giving up. And these are women who are attractive/funny women who are hard working. Women who, if you were married to them or a long-term partner and God forbid you became ill or lost your job, these women could hold it down financially AND be there for their man in an emotional capacity. I also know a couple of black women who didn't meet their black man until later in life...which is very common as well. It is normal for ANYONE to want a potential mate who is either at or somewhat near their status. That's not even factoring in the other elements that exist within the black community: black men who do not date black women, men with criminal records, lack of education, unemployment rate, gay/bi (often not openly yet you can tell they are), never being married yet having multiple kids often by more than one women (and for the record, women are just as responsible for this particular statistic).

Putting race aside, I feel like meeting the right person is like a lottery. You could take 2 single women: funny, goal-oriented and attractive in their own right...and 1 of them could easily encounter compatible men while the other might not right away.

(I get more (2 to 1) messages from black women...I guess they don't read the profile, it hasn't slowed them down...)

Perhaps you do because of the info that I've mentioned above. Welcome to online dating! I get tons of messages from men of ALL backgrounds where I know they clearly haven't read my profile. I agree with you. If you have indicated you only want to date white females, other women have no business contacting you...as it's pointless. Perhaps should capitalize and boldface the sentence so that it sticks out more...
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 8:11:09 PM
OP ...have you scored since creating this post ? you've been awfully quiet..what's that white limb I see you hanging on? lol
 lookinfornew88
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/24/2013 8:19:36 PM
I cant imagine why that would be hard for you hun...I think ur gorgeous and would love to go out with you!!
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/24/2013 9:53:39 PM
OP, just state in your profile that you only date white guys, or that you prefer dating them only. Nothing wrong with that, folks do it here all the time.
 apafely
Msg: 114
Posted: 1/24/2013 10:03:20 PM
"I have colored men only in my OPENING line. Yet at least a half a dozen white men ignore that daily and contact me anyway. I find it quite rude they disregard what I'm looking for and don't even answer them. Then along comes an email with their penis size stated ... as if that is what its all about ? So putting your preference doesn't always work unfortunately."

Timeforachange, it's time for a change.

I am all white, except for my hair, eyes, and the edges of my fingernails.

But my mind is dark, my humour is black, and my liquidity to assets ratio is yellow.

And I wield the size of an IQ that scares virgins and makes men give me way when I walk down the street ... despite my being no longer in body (head included) than a measly 5'4".
 apafely
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/24/2013 10:31:57 PM
"90% of the emails i get are from non black men. most are white males with a few other ethnicities squirted in"

Count me out, please. Yes, I am white, and I am too old by your age preferences to successfully send you email here.

I say you are quite amazing, especially with your burning fire picture in the spirit dance under the neon White Person in the sky above your head.

You can't really expect that much exuberance from all as you exude.

But I like the OP in her own right, as well. In her own right mind. She looks RELAXED and pensive on her picture. It is those two expressions in one look that makes her attractive. Everyone likes to be surprised by a non-stereotypical response by someone of whom they expect very stereotypical responses. Everyone (*) (whether biassed or not... prejudice of any kind is a funny quality... it is there always, even when you don't want it to be there, even when you never want it to be there) expects a Mamma to be angry, slap the kids, and beat her husband. This much kindness and more, this much spiritual transcendence is very refreshing, and it made me happy to see the OP's visage on the computer screen.

In fact, she is one Black Woman I would be very honoured, happy and lucky to date. I would need to read her profile, first, though, to see if we are compatible in areas other than spiritual admiration by me for her looks.

In my opinion, and it is indeed a private opinion without the intention to convince anyone of its truth, because it is very personal and unique, in my opinion too many black women in America have a masculine face. African African women, not so much, or not at all... sure they are different from whites and Chinese, but women in Africa have a face that is feminine.

In the Caribbean and in North America, most , but not at all all, black women have a masculinely designed head. I don't know why that is. I blame the white slavekeeper cotton plantation owners in the deep south, who had the wrong guys rape his chattel for breeding purposes. Really, those guys would not earn my spittle of disgust even on a good day when I am not so viciously angry at them. And no, it's not because they did not manufacture women to be my toys, not at all. Just their attitude, and generally their degree of Christian belief, that makes me angry at them.

On the picture of the OP I see a feminine person... very. Lovely.
 apafely
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/24/2013 10:39:34 PM
"My problem too, why is it soo often non whites that reply??"

You remember Captain Kirk from StarTrek? He had been plagued with loves and soul mates from other worldly places too. Every episode he had a deep spiritual connection with and hard sexual yearning for a woman or another of a totally different world.

Once you realize that non whites are generally the same as whites, once you learn how to discount their skin colour, then you will not be so frequently approached by non-whites, but only by men who want you and who are all men... human men.
 DevilfromToronto
Msg: 117
Posted: 1/25/2013 12:30:27 AM

Once you realize that non whites are generally the same as whites, once you learn how to discount their skin colour, then you will not be so frequently approached by non-whites, but only by men who want you and who are all men... human men.

I found this statement sooo funny....
when I want to eat only watermelon, how can you ask me to discount lemon's taste and eat it instead ???

will you discount women's ages (even much older than yours), looks, weights...etc because they want you ??
 DevilfromToronto
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/25/2013 7:30:19 PM
^^^^^
let me tell you....
not all people have the same preferences, just like some people are meat eaters while some vegetarians !!

physical attraction, education, financial background.. etc are important to you, but some people may not consider these as important, they may focus on people's skin colors,
some people may dislike a specific skin color, nothing wrong with that, thats their preferences, their rights !!
LET ME TELL YOU AGAIN.... we all have our own tastes, why not !!???
 GJBrown
Msg: 119
Posted: 1/25/2013 7:43:10 PM
its not hard for a woman to meet any kind of guy! online or off.
Don't be so picky!
 DevilfromToronto
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/25/2013 10:39:39 PM
@vashti65

ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, if you have an attractive, well educated, financially responsible, sane man or woman with strong character and integrity of your ethnicity and an attractive, well educated, financially responsible, sane man or woman with strong character and integrity of a different ethnicity and both were interested in dating you…what would be the deciding factor? Remember, ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL

if "ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL" as specified in your statement, then why did you separate people by their physical attraction, education and financial background ?? since you specified your attractive type by these elements !!

what about those who were born unfortunately without an average face, too poor or not talented enough to finish post secondary school, financially unstable.. etc ?? It doesn't seem you included this type of people as an attractive type !! WHAT DID YOU MEAN BY "ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL" ??!!

Remember, ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL. I venture that some of your responses may be viable reasons as to why the OP is finding it hard to meet white guys.

may I say.... your discrimination on people's poor physical looks, education, finance background... etc makes you hard to leave this pond ??!!
 AquaLinda
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/25/2013 11:13:01 PM
its not hard for a woman to meet any kind of guy! online or off.
Don't be so picky!

---------------

GJBrown, I beg to differ. When I go out, I never get approached by guys, at least not by the ones I'm interested in. It's funny how guys seem to think that women have such an easy time to meet guys offline. Or is there a man store that I don't know about.
 GJBrown
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/25/2013 11:16:46 PM
at least not by the ones I'm interested in

like i said
Don't be so picky!
 AquaLinda
Msg: 123
Posted: 1/25/2013 11:27:01 PM
I'm not that picky GJBrown. I don't need a rich guy, just a guy I'm ATTRACTED to and who is somewhat intelligent. No movie star looks needed at all, just be in shape at the bare minimum.
 Reach_er
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/25/2013 11:59:52 PM
Hi my name is Wayne and I'm white.There you go, you just met a white guy :)
 DevilfromToronto
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/26/2013 9:01:05 AM
^^^^ please read back your own msg#135, Vash

when people are having their rights of their preferences, including you (since you had specified yours to be physical attraction, education and financial background, IT SHOWS PEOPLE ARE NOT ALL EQUAL IN YOU, no matter how you defended in your above post), why did you criticize other people but not to yourself (for discrimination)??!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why Is It So Hard To Meet White Guys...