Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 10
To white women; Do you find a problem in dating outside your race?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

It's your profile and lack of photos. Go get a profile review.

Exactly.
 daneil912
Msg: 11
To white women; Do you find a problem in dating outside your race?
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:42:45 AM
you have no pictures

you mention sex , sexulaity and foreply in your profile
you want nothing serious

you have so many red flags a flying ....
 AvailableinIndy
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/20/2013 12:24:07 PM
I dated a black guy briefly once, and him being black was the least of his issues. lol
 AvailableinIndy
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/20/2013 2:09:50 PM
ok, a bunch of women are telling you your profile sucks...maybe you should stand back and look at it again.

Also...'just to hang out' that has **** Buddy written all over it. I am sure you have plenty of friends to hang out with. So what do you really think a woman thinks of that?

I don't think you are that stupid...really?

You asked our advice ...we gave it to you.
 sexandthepof
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2013 5:15:09 PM
This is 2013, not 1950 or 1960's. Mostly women like and respect men because they have confidence, good manners and nice characters. Watch the movie "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2013 5:43:51 PM

[Race does not matter to me at all. In fact, I find a lot of non-caucasian men extremely sexy. I don't care if a guy is of Asian, African, Hispanic or whatever origin. Physically, I like my guys in shape (VERY important), tall, dark (skin and hair) and handsome (and I mean handsome to ME, not what mainstream handsome is). You can find that sort of guy in any ethnic group. I'm not into Brad Pitt or Ryan Gosling types at all - give me someone with more exotic looks any day.

AquaLinda,

you being from Europe may have a lot to do with your views. There seems to be a serious hangup with interracial dating in the US from what i have heard others say, write etc. Main hangup is to do with black guys dating/marrying white women, not any other combination of interracial dating causes this much stress to the population lol.
I grew up in the UK and frankly, it is so "normal" over there, no one bats an eye..except the National Front lol. Doesn't mean everyone likes it however but ultimately people have the choice, even though folks still can choose who they fall in love with.
 InActingLive
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2013 7:18:11 PM
Your profile has no photo, misspellings, says that you aren't looking for anything serious, and suggests drinks as a first date. The lack of responses has nothing to do with race and everything to do with your profile and everything to do with women being afraid that you are just looking for sex.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/20/2013 7:37:59 PM

Ok, thats one thing I don't understand. I'm half hispanic and my dad is white. Mom and Dad have different backgrounds and religion. Don't think just because a person is catholic, christian, jewish..etc..that they are not open to date someone with a different cultural background or a different religion. Not all people are uptight about that

Sweetie, like you my daughter is half Spanish, half white. I was not accepted by my ex-husband's Hispanic family. "You're not family," my mother-in-law said, "you don't understand." She called me "the Anglo" and said I was over-educated. (I have a master degree while she only finished 8th grade.) Her rejection was painful. My brothers-in-law also viewed me with suspicion and treated me as an outsider.

"You come from different races, difference cultures, different socioeconomic groups, and different parts of the country," my mother said when we married, "and you will have to deal with this throughout your marriage." We laughed, thinking love conquers all. My mother was right.

For that reason I am reluctant to date a man from a different culture again.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >