Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men don't smell like men anymore      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 26
Men don't smell like men anymorePage 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Haha, only catnip works like catnip on me...

I’m allergic to it and can’t use it myself, but I love the smell of Irish Spring on men. Mmmm….anyone remember those old commercials? Yum, yum.

I am too, but agreed, yes, and yes indeed!

This isn't the first I've heard good things about Burberry for Men, either. I'll have to bear that in mind next time I'm shopping.
 Ted_tspark
Msg: 27
Men don't smell like men anymore
Posted: 1/21/2013 7:37:48 PM
Hi,

If I might chime in here with a couple of recommendations:

Hugo Boss
Hugo Boss

oh..and.....Hugo Boss :)

I alternate between HB "Soul" and HB "Dark Blue".

I am also a fan of the latest Davidoff "Hot Water".

And generally speaking one can never EVER go wrong with RL "Black".
 deere_rancher
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2013 8:15:39 PM
I have had the most and best comments from Royal Copenhagen cologne. here is what they list

. The result of the following top fragrance notes: basil, bergamot and jasmine. The middle notes are: freesia, sage and clove and the base of the fragrance is: nutmeg, moss and cedar,

The same cologne never smells the same on any two men.

- give me back that Hai Karate Oriental Lime. That shyt was killa, yo??

LOL
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2013 8:27:17 PM
I want men to shower.....early and OFTEN......THAT smells good to me!
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/21/2013 8:40:19 PM
They took a Puerto Rican shower in the men's room & over splashed the vending machine scent to mask the smell of sweat after a long work day. Common with women too........ the funky smell of perfume & BO is a killer.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/22/2013 12:14:25 AM
BTW, for those who didn't know this.....smell is the biggest memory trigger of all the 5 senses.

Pull my finger and I'll send you on a Magical Mystery Tour......an olfactory odyssey of the mind.
 ForumFiona
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/22/2013 12:42:06 AM
It sounds to me rhonda 333 that these chaps were wearing the cheap stuff, the bogus knockoff colonges that smell rank to me. I suggest no one get those colognes, they are gross as h3ll.
I was always under the impression that all colognes go rank after about a year and to throw it out after that time.
I'm not a fan of Old Spice, etc. either.
But I was a fan of the Irish Spring commericals, always made me want to visit Ireland...and I did love the smell.
Colognes are notorious for questionable ingredients - nefarious ones that can disrupt your hormones.
Maybe why some give me a headache and make my eyes and nose run. Or why allergies act up.
Peppermints I think is refering to colognes made from essential oils but they have to be combined with other ingredients like beeswax or corn alcohol as most essential oils are too strong to be applied directly to skin.

I have had the most and best comments from Royal Copenhagen cologne....
. The result of the following top fragrance notes: basil, bergamot and jasmine. The middle notes are: freesia, sage and clove and the base of the fragrance is: nutmeg, moss and cedar,...

All great scents for a man. Or a woman for that matter. I have never seen moss used as a fragrance though.
 apafely
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/22/2013 1:27:14 AM
I never changed my smell. The good ole' spicey "Armani Pit", or "Leathery Englishman". I also sometimes wear "male sexual pheromones", and some other times, "Peebody". The great Unwashed, for wedding, and "hors swede extract" for funerals.

"Fromage Suisse" is a good one, too, much like "Kolnisher Toiletwasser".

"Canal", "Chanel", "Sewage Treatment Plant" and "Fish inyards processing plant" are all the rage in Hungary and in Albania.

------------------------------------

Seriously speaking: My favourite for smell of a woman is her own, god-given, natural scent. Nothing can get that, nothing can catch that. It's the best, the one ultra-intoxicating, sexual, sensual, mind-bending and penis-erecting smell.

If delivered right, the man will sink into a supoid consistency; he will feel both happy and excited, relaxed and at peace with the world. He will feel aroused in a way that is not sexual, but gives him an impression he is in a bubble of a devine glow, in the bosom of inifinite joy itself.

This I experienced on one date, on one casual encounter in the neighbourhood, when a bunch of us sat around on the steps of a porch, and with one girlfriend, over and over and over again, every time we met and entertained. She never wore cologne, scent, perfume, nothing. She was... the best for me. And the little boitch knew it much too well, too,that precious sweetheart of mine.
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 2:02:23 AM
I wear "Alpha **stard" by Drakkar.......
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 2:50:21 AM

most essential oils are too strong to be applied directly to skin.

Lemon is and cinnamon can be depending if its leaf or not.The leaf is pretty benign and bark should never be used.
Most aren't irritating in a small amount.

I used to love Paco Rabanne in the 70s (cologne splash).
Very subtle back then.
 raxarsr
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 3:11:10 AM
well....when i wear any........i wear brut.................yes.i'm that old.............and i've never had a complaint

funny thing is though...........the most and by a large margin.......the most compliments i've recieved about smelling good was about my hair............useing head and shoulders shampoo...........go figure

i also got quite a few compliments due to the origional isish spring soap.....

[new and inproved my eye]
 Pinky127
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/22/2013 5:31:20 AM
I love men who smell like shampoo and soap..............

I HATE the smell of "JOOP" - a guy at work wears it and it's like an 'entity' that follows you around a la an episode of Seinfeld
 AvailableinIndy
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/22/2013 8:14:04 AM
If a guy shows up w/ old spice on...I won't ever see them again!

The last guy I dated used old spice deoderant, and could not stand it. We only went out a couple months thought, and turned out the old spice was the least of his issues.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 8:26:42 AM
I smell like soap..Irish Spring..
Sometimes rub those Christmas tree looking air fresheners on me..LOL
Someone mentioned smelling like the forest..They have that!!
Avoid the "new car" smell tho..
 Moonchild51
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 9:11:50 AM
Hey Mr. Rax? Move over cuz I am that old as well to remember Brut! And my Son who is 24 actually loves wearing it. Something about that smell makes me swoon! lol..My ex used to drench himself in cologne and there was no bigger turn off. Men, if you are going to wear it, wear it, not let "it" wear "you"
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/22/2013 9:25:14 AM

Lemon is and cinnamon can be depending if its leaf or not.

I do believe cinnamon oil is what's used in those temporary lip plumpers. Which work! I have a couple, in the form of lip gloss.

But they can have interesting effects if your date kisses you.

I'll have to check out the Hugo Boss items, as well...
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/22/2013 9:26:35 AM

I love men who smell like shampoo and soap

I do too....fresh from the shower, wrapped only in a towel, water droplets trickling down their chest...*cough* Um yeah...love that clean smell *grins*

...mae
 Orgulloso
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/22/2013 9:42:04 AM
WTF is a Puerto Rican shower?

OP,

Less is more ... I have 3 bottles in my bathroom.

Aqcua di Gio

L'Homme

and an oldie but goodie

Cool Water.

I little spritz and it's all good.
 BertDCaveman
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/22/2013 9:48:32 AM
Hmmm I still smell of grease n oil
 itechman63
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 10:37:02 AM
I knew if I held on to the bottle long enough that my Hai Karate would make a comeback!
 Fleuron
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/22/2013 11:17:27 AM
I’ve heard that men who smell of Bulgari shower gel are irresistible. :)

WTF is a Puerto Rican shower?

Yeah, I’m wondering what it is, too.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/22/2013 11:38:04 AM
So you want a real mens smell................... Next time I go backpacking for a few days you are more then welcome to smell my arm pits when I get back.... So you know what a real man smells like.. Death would come swiftly.
Of course I would not wash up in the lakes as always.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 12:02:54 PM
^^GoodGuy? I am sitting here wondering if you would smell as bad or worse as the guy I met who had come directly from fishing. Sitting out in the hot hot sun, pulling fish off a rod...ewe! And he wanted to do it again? lol
 venusenvy777
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/22/2013 12:05:57 PM
Ive just read this whole thread and all I can say is...Ahahahahahha too funny! You guys rock!! XXX
 Fleuron
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/22/2013 1:05:39 PM

Oh they are, they are. Trust me. Only Bulgari for my hubby. ;)

Quickly stocking up on Bulgari shower gel for my future boyfriend.

Thank you, The_connection.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men don't smell like men anymore