Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men don't smell like men anymore      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 126
Men don't smell like men anymorePage 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
"""One of the reasons men don't look or smell like men is there is a whole industry out there devoted to feminizing men.Taking the masculinity out of being a man.A industry devoted to making a man as pretty to a woman as possible.It is happening all over the world ."""

As Bubba says,,,,,the pussification of America..

How ' bout "Walking Tall " cologne.....something that kick ass...lol

or

"""I find the scent of Pinesol on a man drives women crazy."""

I'll clean my kitchen then go to the Dallas Bull.....lol
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Men don't smell like men anymore
Posted: 2/12/2013 11:09:44 AM
There were many perfume ateliers in our town for the tourists. Girls would go in at lunch and get sprayed. One time I was in one with my sister. The demostrator had my sister hold her arm out and sprayed her wrist (why wrist?). My sister sort of rubbed her hand on my hair as a joke and I had the smell on me. Anyways, I didn't like smelling like that but later in class a girl said I smelled really good and had her friend smell me.

I have no idea what it was. It was suppose to attract men but it worked on women. Other than that I just smell freshly scrubbed with soap and water. For some reason companies put fruit in shampoo but not sure if its good to smell like an apple.
 Rythmn
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2013 12:13:44 AM
since this thread, i've been going around smelling all the men i come upon. at the dog park (a bit confusing), shopping, meetups, etc. came to the conclusion it is all about the pheremones:) my guy still likes me au natural. here in ca, i have that brooklyn aroma i guess. the smell of bagels and coffee....
 sturbo001
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2013 2:24:02 PM
thats funny!!!! sounds like u was with my son sprays that axe on his neck face arms geee hes 28 lol
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 130
Posted: 3/24/2013 3:00:15 PM

I’d love to find out if Axe for Men is really like catnip for women. ;)

It would be interesting to be around you when you do! lol
 kanetuck
Msg: 131
Posted: 3/25/2013 2:09:44 PM
I think the true fact is they do not understand how to use or when.I was lucky a lot of women in my life taught me.Well Asian and European.American ladies it seems forget to talk and teach.Men do listen.
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 132
Posted: 3/25/2013 5:22:04 PM
Were these guys straight? However they are called metrosexuals and I for one would find that kind of scent a turn off. A little masculine sweat and pheromones is much more enticing. Women are the better judge of mens colognes and sometimes the guys dont smell it on themselves otherwise they would not be so liberal with the dosing lol!. I love Old Spice, Aramis and Brut.
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2013 6:28:48 PM

A puerto rican shower is when someone puts on cologne or deodorant instead of showering
its a derogatory and offensive term if you ask me, who ever used that term is a Jag off.

hmm... it should be French shower then lol.
 cooldog65
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2013 6:35:06 AM
I remember using Andron by Jovan 30 years ago. It supposedly had pheromones in it. Didn't do my geekiness one bit of good.

Now for my present metro self, some of my favorites are Instinct by David Beckham, Pal Zilari, Play Intense by Givenchy, Issey Miyaken, and Usher. Most of my favorites have citrus notes. I have 7 bottles right now.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2013 9:26:28 AM
I just have a shower and scrub clean with soap. No deodorant. Partners over the yeaes have commented that I don't smell even after working out or a hard day of hiking. I have little fat. There's exceptions but thinner people tend to have less body odour...they don't sweat as much doing everyday activities.

Now and then I receive some scent as a gift...I'll pour a small bit down a drain freshen it up.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2013 10:29:56 AM
I love my smell...rifle bore cleaner, gunpowder and sawdust....beats the hell out of the last few coochies I've had the misfortune of running into. LOL
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 137
Posted: 3/29/2013 11:19:39 AM
A study was done years ago - I think maybe by Playboy to determine the most arousing smell for a man...
Turns out it was Cinnamon rolls.
-Methinks that's because it means someone stayed for the night and is making breakfast?

OK Guys, before you get too old school - you know what was most arousing smell for the woman was?
A New Car.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 138
Posted: 3/29/2013 11:56:39 AM
I did read that cinnamon was a turn on for men.....but new car smell for woman. That's debatable....Lol I heard it was licorice followed by cucumber/ cinnamon as well.
Personally....I find those scents to be more 'comforting' rather arousing.

For me, it's the intoxicating smell of a man fresh out of the shower ( I might have repeated myself on this) ........but it's all that wet hair, water droplets slowly making their way down his chest.... yummm.......makes me wanna do bad things....hehe

..mae
 DragonBits
Msg: 139
Posted: 3/29/2013 6:17:38 PM
I was trying for the smell of money.

I believe the smell of money is a powerful aphrodisiac.

Money, there's a lot of ink for decoration, as well as special chemicals added for things like the watermark. This gives it a rather unique blend of smells.
 MsMaureenw
Msg: 140
Posted: 3/29/2013 7:33:57 PM
I love Armani.... depending on how the chemistry of the owner is.
 Freudian
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2013 8:38:01 PM
The initial post of this thread intrigued me, so I've been asking around, and yes, sniffing around for a couple of weeks.

The OP is right. You can almost guess the attitude of the men by their smell. Now remember, I live in Arizona and it was 84 most of the day today, so there are many regional differences, but the young men all smell like sweat or one of the musk based colognes. The older men are a little more diversified; they smell like Old Spice, sweat or the same musk stuff.

A little more examination and a few direct questions resulted in an obvious conclusion: they didn't buy the crap, it was given to them by a friend, lover, or relative. Men smell like the women in their lives want them to smell. If it came from Mom, it may be Old Spice. If it came from Sis, who knows? Maybe one of those musk things. A lover will sample several and see what she likes, then get it and give it to him.

So, check it out. Most men buy what their Dads bought if they haven't been converted by a woman in their life. Some men simply smell like their bath soap or deodorant.

But let a woman get into their life....
 tony 39
Msg: 142
Posted: 3/29/2013 9:20:39 PM
I'm from the "Old Spice, English Leather era too, but I have grown to learn that it's better not to have an odor at all so as not to offend anyone. That way everybody's happy!
 yffat
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2013 8:18:55 AM
I work in an environment that forbids scents, when I go out it is usually to places that forbid scents.
So I appreciate a nice well applied perfume or after shave.
I have a strong sense of smell, some people dosed in scent can make me run for fresh air, but on the other hand I will be walking down the corridor where I work and pass some man who smells heavenly and do an about face and follow for a moment just to inhale his fragrance.
Usually it is just a man smell, nothing added!
Spray your favorite scent up in the air then walk thru it, done! No need to bath in it.
My mother in law used to buy my brand of perfume and keep it in her drawer, she would just smell the bottle sometimes because she said it reminded her of my kids, the scent rubbed off me onto them.
 playful385
Msg: 144
Posted: 4/7/2013 1:44:15 AM
Yes, I like a man to smell good.
 Vannili
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 12:37:25 PM
Msg.1:

I think what you smelled is their deodorant. Most men doesn't wear cologne, they thinks it is sissy. But deodorant is a must.
But I could be wrong......................
 lynneisallryght
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 4:01:59 PM
Well Rhonda, be glad that they had cologne on at all! LOL! The men that cross my path have become quite lackadaisical in courting period. It seem that chivalry has gone by the wayside. I enjoy looking at a strong well dressed man that smells good. I was at a concert this past Friday evening (alone) and I did not get one whiff of cologne that made me stop in my tracks or turn my head. Not One!!! It was disheartening to say the least. The "guys" there ranged in ages 35 to 50. I saw 2 men in suit attire and the rest of the "men" where in jeans, a few had a sport jacket over the jean. I was so unimpressed.

The days of dressing to the nines and smelling like a million bucks (whether their wallets could finance the look or not) seem to be gone. I agree that a woman's scent should be upclose and personal and a males' scent should make one swoon. What has happened???
 SaltLG13
Msg: 147
Posted: 4/7/2013 5:53:06 PM

So the other night I was taken to dinner by two young men

Two young man want to smell like young's . Old Spice ,English Leather are for 60's and up .
 Giggles10000
Msg: 148
Posted: 4/7/2013 6:03:11 PM
This man my age the other night was talking to me and I swear I couldnt focus cause he smelled so good--I so wanted to jump his bones--I made eye contact does that count for something?????
 Proteaus
Msg: 149
Posted: 4/7/2013 6:50:54 PM
Old spice and English leather are for men .To many of the newer colognes that men wear smell like they are a woman's perfume . But then we do have a entire industry devoted to feminizing men to make them more appealing to women .
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 150
Posted: 4/7/2013 7:02:23 PM

This man my age the other night was talking to me and I swear I couldnt focus cause he smelled so good--I so wanted to jump his bones--I made eye contact does that count for something?????

Oh thank gawd someone else besides me has had those impure thoughts based solely upon the "scent of a man."
* big shitfaced grin*

...mae
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men don't smell like men anymore