Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men don't smell like men anymore      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 turnitover1959
Msg: 151
Men don't smell like men anymorePage 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I'll have a sample night if you are up for it !
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 152
Men don't smell like men anymore
Posted: 4/8/2013 10:14:18 PM

I was at a concert this past Friday evening (alone) and I did not get one whiff of cologne that made me stop in my tracks or turn my head.

Thank goodness!

A young man toting luggage asked me the way to the airport the other day and his cologne was so strong I nearly choked. I consider the wearing of personal scent when sharing a confined space with strangers to be a rude imposition. Unless it’s bacon.
 DameWrite
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2013 10:26:59 PM
Muted: you don't miss a beat do ya?
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 154
Posted: 4/9/2013 7:08:05 AM

A young man toting luggage asked me the way to the airport the other day and his cologne was so strong I nearly choked. I consider the wearing of personal scent when sharing a confined space with strangers to be a rude imposition. Unless it’s bacon.

Nothing is worse than to be trapped someplace and you have no choice but to inhale whatever it is that they have sprayed on their bodies. Even the nicest scents can be overpowering when they use too much.

What is it with men and bacon? Maybe I should reconsider my current scent..*grins*
Anyone know if there's a company that produces such a thing?

...mae
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 155
Posted: 4/9/2013 7:42:16 AM

^^^Anyone know if there's a company that produces such a thing?

Essential oil of bacon is rare and expensive. Fortunately, in the right company, women can acquire faint traces of the scent through osmosis.

(oink)
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 156
Posted: 4/9/2013 7:55:18 AM

Essential oil of bacon is rare and expensive.

Rare and expensive...Really? I could have sworn my mom saved the stuff in an old jar she kept in the fridge . Must not be the same thing...*grins*

...mae
 Moonchild51
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2013 8:12:10 AM
Sure thing Miss Mae! Just dip your finger in the bacon fat can and gather some up. Slap it on your wrists, at the nape of your neck, behind the ears and kneecaps. You are ready for a hot nite on the town! lol
 Cyclingforfun
Msg: 158
Posted: 4/9/2013 8:53:45 AM
WD-40 and Machine oil
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 159
Posted: 4/10/2013 7:11:27 AM

Sure thing Miss Mae! Just dip your finger in the bacon fat can and gather some up. Slap it on your wrists, at the nape of your neck, behind the ears and kneecaps. You are ready for a hot nite on the town! lol

Yeah right Moonie....With my luck I would have all the neighborhood dogs trailing after me looking for a treat .
Woof, woof

...mae
 perre62
Msg: 160
Posted: 4/10/2013 7:28:43 AM
@ Miss Mae...

Bacon fat, or no...

Woof-Woof!
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 161
Posted: 4/10/2013 12:06:50 PM

Nothing is worse than to be trapped someplace and you have no choice but to inhale whatever it is that they have sprayed on their bodies. Even the nicest scents can be overpowering when they use too much.

So true. A couple of days ago I was on the subway and a lady sat down beside me. She was just reeking of some awful perfume, cologne, or whatever. I don't understand how people who do this are so oblivious to the fact that they're creating a bad impression, to say nothing of polluting the air around them.
 12thour
Msg: 162
Posted: 4/14/2013 7:12:08 PM
I am an old spice girl...love that scent on a man...because it is manly. That fruity stuff drives me away.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 163
Posted: 4/15/2013 3:12:38 PM
I've only got one cologne - and it took me ten years to go through one ounce of the stuff. After the divorce, I went shopping for it again- and could NOT find a vendor ANYwhere that would sell a small bottle (half ounce or single ounce) of the stuff.

After deliberating about it, I decided to get the larger two-ounce bottle. Thank GOD my new GF likes the scent. I might be mistaken, but I swear the little spritzer thing is larger and kicks out a LOT more spray. I try my best to just half-spray the stuff because I swear I could stink out an entire shopping mall if I used it 'generously'.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2013 2:56:08 AM
I try to avoid anything that smells like alcohol....who the hell wants their fishing buddies licking their face?
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 165
Posted: 4/16/2013 10:26:26 AM
If they are licking your face, you probably grabbed the beef gravy instead of the Fish Bait Formula. Common mistake. Happens ALL the time.
 brisco414
Msg: 166
Posted: 4/20/2013 7:58:02 PM
Just a decent bar of soap or a hint of Fierce Cologne on a well groomed man will get my attention.
 csamcsog
Msg: 167
Posted: 4/21/2013 5:14:17 AM
Anyone know if there's a company that produces such a thing?
--------------

One decent substitute is Eau de Semen. Just don't wash after someone splashes it all over your face.

A lot of women used to tell me in my forties that they could practically smell the male feromones on me, they were so strong. I told them it was just my natural armpit odour that they smelled and which turned them on. They told me it was the way I looked at them. I said, in order to not get turned on, I looked at women with forcing my imagination to view them as if they were a large piece of bacon wax, sculpted.

On the rare occasion that women complemented me on my choice of male cologne, I replied that it was just that one rare day in a million when I had taken a shower and applied under-arm deodorant.

People are so misguiledly misguided. If all the missiles were as misguided as people, then there would be no people.
 csamcsog
Msg: 168
Posted: 4/21/2013 5:16:03 AM
12thour
I am an old spice girl...

--------------

You sound like what a famous singer would say in twenty years from now.
 DragonBits
Msg: 169
Posted: 4/21/2013 6:58:10 AM
I have never used cologne of any type, and don't like deodorant soap, it gives me an oily feel.

I only use a strong anti-perspirant, whatever I smell like is 100% me.
 FletisHumplebacker
Msg: 170
Posted: 4/21/2013 11:57:03 AM
Am I the only one that rolls around on a fresh kill to offer that hunter scent to potential mates?
 LunaBella9
Msg: 171
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:14:38 PM
Personally, I love the smell of Axe on a man. Not the cologne per say, but the soap. One of my colleagues uses it and smells totally yummy. I create computer problems just so he will come fix my blunders.
 Bachelorette.Number1
Msg: 172
Posted: 4/23/2013 3:36:39 PM
I find they smell like Bounce.
So I agree!
 Paderic
Msg: 173
Posted: 4/23/2013 3:46:41 PM

Personally, I love the smell of Axe on a man. Not the cologne per say, but the soap. One of my colleagues uses it and smells totally yummy. I create computer problems just so he will come fix my blunders.

I currently use their Dark Temptation body wash and deodorant, I've had a few women compliment me on my cologne when I'm not wearing any.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2013 1:12:51 PM
English Leather came out when I was a teenager, Canoe came out when MY children were teenagers LOL! Now....give me a man who smells of the Old Spice that my Daddy and Grandpa used to wear and it "triggers" all kinds of happy, content feelings. The sense of smell is the greatest memory trigger we have so guys.....either wear what reminds her of happy moments or forgo the cologne all together until you find out what she likes.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 175
Posted: 5/1/2013 3:59:44 PM
I remember the old commerical for that:

"All my men wear English Leather......or they wear nothing at all." Sounds good to me *wink*

...mae
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men don't smell like men anymore