Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Dating turnaround, what are the online possibilities?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
2 years, no dates pffft :O)

vvvvv i`d hardly call it "millions of potentials" hahaha :O)
 GeordieColin
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Dating turnaround, what are the online possibilities?
Posted: 1/21/2013 3:30:35 PM
That really is dependent on what year your talking about. Actually, It must be the first because after 3 months on here I treat the dating side as a very poor second option to real life.
I got involved with the forums after that.
Yeah I did meet from here after that and dated but I soon felt that finding someone from online to spend quality time with was much more via luck than good management.
But if your asking how many turn around and assume the position then I hazard a guess at 85% for hetro women and 95% for gay guys.
But that depends on age and the fact I am talking utter crap :-)
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 12:51:44 AM
^^^^ i dont think its your pride they want you to poke in bob hahahaha :O)
 curviest
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 1:40:35 AM
" I was interested in the turn around in the number of dates that is possible online."

There isn't ONE answer.

Men get less than women. Depends on how fussy you are and what you are looking for. Depends on too many things to be able to give you even a ball park figure.

As for me, I have met over 100 men (i.e. in person) sometimes for a half-hour coffee chat, and sometimes for a whole day out. Only about 5 led to a second meeting, and only one of them evolved into a relationship.
 daver987654
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2013 2:55:24 AM
OP second sentence of your profile says

I have been very busy over the last few years that I am now able to manage to squeeze some extra time into my life for a few things outside of my schedule.

Join the queue girls :-)
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 9:51:40 PM
" I believe the vast majority of people on this site get loads of replies and dates "

Pfffft, trust me to be one of the minority then !, bugger it hahahahaha :O)
 GeordieColin
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2013 2:32:05 AM
I never joined pof with the attitude of wanting to see how many dates I could get. It was never an ego thing, or a bid to quench some thirst.
What I find quite strange is some peoples reactions to those who have demonstrably made an effort to make a go of a relationship and failed ( in the critics eyes).
I have had what I consider to be three attempts at a long term relationship over the 6 years I have been in pof. After the second time of a relationship failing I witnessed the attitude of " Failed again" and " you jumped in too quickly ". Quite often this was from those who have been on years and have never shown any indication of having a real go at a relationship.
So my point here is who are right? Those who seem to be forever dating,or those who demonstrably show faith in long term dating?

VVV Trader. There is nothing in what you have stated that relates to my experience to take offence at ;-)
 GeordieColin
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2013 3:30:22 AM

well what happens is quite logical prospective daters look into the forums before replying to a message!.

as we have seen many forumers have "eastenders" problems and complain or tell the world of last date blah blah blah!.
now would any intelligent male or female want to date a "blabber".

I DONT THINK SO!

Who's logic,yours?
Most pof users do not even consider the forums. There is no link in profiles to a persons forum history. What % of people do you think are going to research someone that's sent them a first message in such a way?
Logical?
I presume that you have been scrupulous in not posting anything that would put of women? ;-)
 safaa30
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2013 5:35:55 AM
Technically the possibilities are endless. But profiles are not dating each other. It's the people who are. And people have complexes, circumstances, wants, needs, dealbreakers, baggage and dates get cancelled. So in reality, alot less possibilities than most people are happy with.
 AthenaMarina
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2013 1:28:00 PM
Not been here THAT long - end of October last year about three and a half months.
Two dates in December, gorgeous!! but mostly just after sex.
But they were quite nice dates overall, enjoyable.
And I'm glad I had the courage to meet them.
STILL debating whether to meet a third, we keep saying we'll meet haven't yet but HE seems to mainly be after sex too and this is putting me off!

I MIGHT still meet him because I feel we've conversed a lot & it seems a waste of time NOT too, plus he's funny & very cute! Just to get from that online thing to offline, you know?

I'd just like to meet a guy that I am attracted to for say coffee & a chat and see where things go no expectations of relationship OR sex just take it one step at a time!!!

But I guess I'm lucky in a way I've had these things happen...I'd love to hear tips from those of you who DO get lots of dates, esp. if it is the coffee/drink & chat type HOW do you DO it, PLEASE TELL me cos I REALLY wanna know so I can do this too!

I don't think I could HANDLE more than one date a week ha ha!! At first I thought I really wanted that but my work can get quite tiring & with friends & other social things plus exercise & me time..!
I'd LOVE to have dates most Friday and Saturday nights you know, I have been offered weeknight dates, well one was a Friday night (good!) another a Weds night (I did go though & it WAS fun)
& another Thurs night & it's like BUGGER I have to WORK tomorrow!!
& then ANOTHER weekend rolls around & I am dateless aGAIN!!!
 Chuzz16
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2013 7:42:49 AM
I would find trusting a lady online very difficult, very indeed. And the other way round too in case I might be mobbed by our beautiful ladies on the forum.

You may be surprised to hear that most women/men on here are as normal and trusting as they are in real life. :)

(I did wonder whether I should put 'most' or 'some') ;)
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2013 9:22:58 AM

when I was really into it last year I used to go on 1 or 2 dates a week but the novelty does wear off. I'm not currently dating at the moment, I was seeing someone from this site for a good few months but she wants more commitment, I do not so it looks like we are parting ways. Not really up for going back into the dating scene yet.

Nope that was definitely not what happened with us DT and you know it ;)

OT I'm not going to post how many dates I have had, though it's been plenty but I don't want to be branded serial dater. I enjoy going on dates and meeting new people and I'm simply not willing to settle and date someone properly until they give me the butterfly feeling. So far this has eluded me but I'm still hopeful!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >