Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4ms4me
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Steubenville rape casePage 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

I really don't go out of my way to degrade women, or anyone else. Basically, I have this rule: respect human beings, of the human race, until they give you a reason to do otherwise.

Yet:

Which is what I find quite disgusting about male feminists

These same male feminists are**** to everyone else and/or secretly abusing/molesting women who aren't pretty enough to have society's protection behind them

And, even though you said ...

Nor does it take a whole hell of a lot of grace to put your daughter on a pedestal: you're supposed to do that and most men do it gladly

You also said that "other men's daughters" are happy to raped by the local football team.

Yeah, your "respect" for other humans is sure shining through.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 66
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/22/2013 8:17:50 AM
When people use guns in a bad way and bad things happen, we blame the guns.
So why aren't we blaming the alcohol?
 4ms4me
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/22/2013 8:32:07 AM
^^^ They didn't use alcohol to rape her, they used their body parts. She didn't use alcohol to rape herself, she used it to get drunk. The boys used her drunken state to abuse and humiliate her. The boys' conversation in the video clearly showed that they knew it was wrong at the time, but they didn't care. It was a huge joke, for them.

Minus the booze, they may have drugged her, she thought thats what happened to her. During the rape, the boys' made reference to another gang rape, so they weren't exactly novices at this. The boys were not too drunk to know it was wrong, so how is booze a factor, unless you want to blame the victim?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 68
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/22/2013 8:35:10 AM
^^^^^^
"They didn't use alcohol to rape her"

Of course they did.
Minus the booze, how would this incident have played out?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 70
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/22/2013 9:46:32 AM

Minus the booze, how would this incident have played out?

Oh, let me think for you...could they have forcefully held her down and forcefully raped her...as is the case many a time.
 matchlight
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/22/2013 1:27:43 PM
I heard a brief report on the radio that following some internet posts claiming there was an attempt to cover all this up, the state AG has appointed someone to look into that end of it.

Rape is an especially disgusting and inexcusable crime. Rapists are cowards, and other men tend to have a special contempt for them. But the definition of the crime is still pretty narrow, and it's usually hard to prove--as it should be. Anyone who thinks that about all it should take is for a woman to point a finger at a man and claim he raped her should read about the nine "Scottsboro boys" in the 1930's South. The story will make you wonder who the real victims were.
 4ms4me
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/22/2013 2:00:57 PM

Anyone who thinks that about all it should take is for a woman to point a finger at a man and claim he raped her should read about the nine "Scottsboro boys" in the 1930's South. The story will make you wonder who the real victims were.

Indeed; I wasn't familiar with this case, but it seems that two prostitutes claimed that a gang of blacks had raped them. While I appreciate the point you are trying to make, this case is about racism more than anything. If the women had accused white boys, they wouldn't have even made it to one trial, let alone several.
 matchlight
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/22/2013 4:24:15 PM
If the women had accused white boys, they wouldn't have even made it to one trial, let alone several.

I wonder how you know that, and I very strongly disagree with your cynical suggestion about this country and the decency of its people. If anything, the moral standard expected of American men toward women traditionally was far higher than now. Rape has been a serious felony in every state from the beginning, and whatever the race of the rapist, it has never been generally winked at in the South or any other part of the U.S. Here's an example that proves that was true even under the most lawless, chaotic conditions.

During the Civil War, war crimes--including rape of a civilian--were almost unheard of. One case stands out because it was so unusual, and everyone involved in it was white. In Virginia, a group of Union soldiers ransacked a house in the Shenandoah Valley. All but a couple were content to destroy things and loot whatever they could carry. But those two dared to rape a woman who lived there, and some of the other men told the nearest officer what had happened. The two were arrested, put under guard, given a brief trial by the most senior officers who could be found, and convicted. They were then taken to a large oak on the property, and hanged from it.
 4ms4me
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/22/2013 5:01:51 PM
I wonder how you know that,

They were women of immoral character, so I doubt they'd be considered rapable by nice white boys. If they had been genteel women accusing white boys, it might have worked --- except genteel women wouldn't be very likely to report they'd been raped at that time in history. But a white woman accusing a black man of raping her, in a Southern town at that time in history? There'd be an entire town ready to hang now, and ask questions later. Or maybe not even bother asking any questions.

and I very strongly disagree with your cynical suggestion about this country and the decency of its people.

I am sure there are very many decent people in the United States.

During the Civil War, war crimes--including rape of a civilian--were almost unheard of.

From Wikipedia:
Some soldiers engaged in acts of rape. The Confederate records were destroyed, but a perusal of only five percent of Federal records reveal that over thirty court martial trials were held due to instances of rape; hanging or firing squad being the usual punishment if convicted.[15] Sometimes, offering a white woman of good standing money for sex was considered almost tantamount to rape; in the case of an Illinois private at Camp Dennison, for example, the perpetrator spent a month at the guardhouse for offering a mother a dollar and her daughter three dollars for sex. Federal troops who committed rape while invading the southern states mostly took advantage of black rather than white women, and black soldiers were usually punished more severely for the crime than their white counterparts.[16]

http://civilwarodyssey.blogspot.ca/2011/03/behind-curtain-rape-and-other-horrors.html
"There are some horrors which the historian dare not pursue. They drop the curtain over crime which humanity bleeds to contemplate.”
Convoluted wording, indeed, but Simms wrote during the genteel Victorian era. It’s clear Simms was writing about the rapes and sexual “outrages” he witnessed during Union Gen. William T. Sherman’ occupation of Columbia, South Carolina’s capital. [ ] Simms explained that most of the “horrors” against women had taken place away from Columbia. He wrote that Union soldiers and Sherman’s hangers-on might have threatened white women, but they actually targeted black women in rural areas. [ ] Did Simms witness an anomaly in Columbia, where Sherman’s soldiers’ pent-up anger against the cradle of rebellion triggered especially heinous aggression, or did Civil War soldiers commonly wield weaponized sex? Facts are hard to come by. In the Victorian 1860s, sexual crimes against women were kept behind a curtain of silence to protect reputations of the delicate sex. Family males would exact punishment. Even in today’s sexually explicit society, experts estimate that more than 60 percent of rapes go unreported.

http://ideas.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/21/rape-and-the-civil-war/
In fact, the University of North Carolina historian writes, “hundreds, perhaps thousands of women suffered rape” during the war, with many assaults likely unreported. But her focus is less rape itself than the threat of sexual predation by northern troops. Did reality match the fear of assault felt by Scarlett O’Hara in “Gone With the Wind”? Feimster explores an 1862 order by the Union Gen. Benjamin Butler, decreeing that any New Orleans woman showing contempt for his occupying troops “shall be regarded and held liable to be treated as a woman of the town plying her avocation” — i.e., the city’s outspokenly Confederate belles were to be treated as prostitutes. Feimster sifts evidence that the order was a green light for Union soldiers to threaten sexual violence if not commit rape itself.
 4ms4me
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/22/2013 5:14:58 PM
But to suggest that alcohol didn't play a part is ludicrous.

It's not that alcohol didn't play a part, it's that the part it played is irrelevant. Not so long ago, men were able to plead that they were "drunk" when they engaged in bad behavior, and they got away with it. Nowadays, the attitude is more likely that "alcohol is not an excuse". In this case, the lesson you and others are sending is that "if the girl is falling down drunk, and you rape her, your responsibility it mitigated because she was drunk." That was some of the theme in the video, amongst all the other jokes - words to the effect that she might not have consented, but she'll never remember, so it's ok.

How about, instead, sending a message that if someone is falling down drunk, you make sure they get home safely, you don't rape them.

One of the rapists sent the girl's father a text telling him that it was all a misundesrtanding, he'd actually helped the drunk girl stay safe. That boy knew what he should have done, he didn't do it, he is to blame entirely for his actions.

Ridiculous remark. What those boys did is indefensible. I don't think anyone is arguing that.

Every time you or anyone brings up that her alcohol over-indulgence needs to be considered in some way, you are doing exactly what you consider is "indefensible", which is offering a defense for every boy who does what those boys did.

Now, I'd certainly warn my daughter/granddaughters against drinking to excess, simply because there are a$$holes who think a girl who is drunk is less deserving of respect than a sober girl.
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/22/2013 6:01:28 PM
It seems to me that some posters clearly think that the circumstances of the rape are still in question....

of which some of the participants MAY have been raped.

I find it amazing how many people assume that no female anywhere ever, ever gets drunk out of her mind before willingly having sex.

The girls are not going to stop seeking out sex and alcohol: they'll just have sex with the new group of alpha dogs that pops up.

The punchline to this being that the guy we locked up, may have been just having dumb, drunk, messy, consensual sex with his girlfriend(s),

so if anyone wasn't a rapist beforehand, they may well be when they get out

So, you do realize that these guys have been convicted of rape? They are in fact rapists. It's all on film. There is no question about this. They have met all the legal requirements that define rapists. Going to jail won't turn them into rapists because they already are rapists. There's no more road to travel on the way to becoming a rapist.

If you're still not certain, maybe you should read something about the case....

their friends laughing about their crime, even underscoring the fact that it was a rape as they drunkenly laughed about the unconscious teenager being unable to wake up despite a "wang in the butthole."

So, as a comparison, let's say you're a realtor and your client shows up to sign documents related to buying a house. However your client is so loaded that he/she passses out. You adjust the numbers on the document giving yourself a commission bonus. It's kind of funny so you bust out the video cam and record everything. You and your broker tape a pen to the client's hand and scribble something recognizable as a signature on the documents. My question is....three months later when you show up for your first court date and they play the twelve minute video of you and your broker yucking it up, adding commissions to your deal and financially raping your drunk client, what would you expect the outcome to be?

But to suggest that alcohol didn't play a part is ludicrous.

Millions and millions of people including teenagers, drink alcohol every day. But the vastly overwhelming majority do not get raped or participate in raping someone else.

You may also notice that the guys in the video aren't very drunk. If the guys were drunk and passed out the rape would not be possible. So what you're really saying is that the girl brought this on herself by drinking and making herself an easy mark. It's the same thing as saying women in provocative clothing are responsible for their own rape. It's kind of scary that people still think this way.

If you want to start suggesting women not drink alcohol in order to protect themselves from men then you should go live in places where women are forced to stay indoors, wear bags over their heads, never speak to men and certainly never drink. Your patriachy will be appreciated there. But in the world I live in, that non sense is never going to be tolerated.
 4ms4me
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/22/2013 8:20:31 PM

Meaning that she's given a pass for her alcohol induced behavior while that same pass doesn't apply to the males involved?

Excuse me? "Given a pass for her alcohol induced behavior"? What the hell does that mean - she was out cold, so much so that she was anally raped and didn't respond! What the f*ck are you talking about "Alcohol induced behavior!"

She's 16 years old, she's partying with her friends, including an ex-boyfriend. Presumably, she trusted these people. But her "friends" decided that since she was too out of it to object, they could just do whatever they wanted.

So, mr sawdust, you go out with a bunch of friends, you all over-indulge and at some point in the night, your 'friends' decide to knife you. Not enough to kill you, but certainly you bleed. The cops show up, the case goes to court. Does anyone say "well, you know, he was there and drunk, and yeah, sure, his friends ought not to have knifed him, but since he was drinking I think he should have to take a little personal responsibility". Would you agree with that, or would you expect your friends not to knife you when you went out drinking with them, regardless of how much you drank or how oblivious you were.

It's really convenient that this girl was drinking, though, because it allows so many holier-than-thou people to throw at least some of the blame on her. But you know, she could have been drinking ice tea all night, and some boy could have given her a roofie and the same thing would have happened. The point is that those boys are rapists; it's irrelevant whether the girl was stone cold sober but fell down and knocked herself out, or drank alcohol and passed out.

And this being repeated so often "Girls shouldn't drink and if they do and bad things happen to them, well you know, they need to take some responsiblity" sends the clear message that if a girl drinks, its her fault if bad things then happen to her.

That's the only reasoning I can see for why these boys were tried as juveniles.

The boys are juveniles, and I guess since nobody actually died, it wasn't raised to adult court.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 82
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/23/2013 1:26:19 PM

Meaning that she's given a pass for her alcohol induced behavior while that same pass doesn't apply to the males involved?

The illogic with this statement is that the girl...out cold...is given a pass for her behavior...while the two boys who raped her while she was out cold...did not get a pass...of course...the girl did not realize what had happened to he until she was made aware of video's the boys took of the rape and posted on utube...and that the boys were sober when they posted the videos' has no bearing...and that the boys tried to cover up the posting of the video's and the texts to friends about the incident while sober...should all be mitigated because the girl was passed out drunk and should have known someone would rape her...but, she was give a pass for being drunk and the boys weren't...

The moral of this post I've quoted is: if a girl drinks she should be ready to be raped.
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/23/2013 10:40:56 PM

But the girl, in my opinion, shares some of the responsibility here as well. That's all I and a few others here have been saying.

Your opinion is wrong. Lots of people have the same opinion as you and they're all wrong too. You should change the way you think.

In North American rape cases, the victim isn't allowed to be cross examined by prosecution so as to avoid the inevitable lines of questioning that include "How many people have you have sex with in your life time?" and "What were you wearing on the night the alleged crime occured?" or "How many drinks had you consumed?" etc etc. This is totally unique in North American jurisprudence. I don't think any other plaintiff is protected in this way. This goes to show you that the circumstances the victim finds herself in at the event of this particular crime do not matter upon the culpability of the defendant. Decades of legal thought in this matter has quite clearly determined that people like you and others who share your opinion are in fact wrong.

Again, hundreds of people get hammered around friends and don't get raped, humiliated in a public forum and abused in much the same way a war trophies would be. In order to keep a civilized society, blame must be assigned appropriately.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 85
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/24/2013 5:56:49 AM

No, the real moral of the story is that some people don't believe personal accountability should even exist. I have never said that those boys weren't guilty of a crime. But the girl, in my opinion, shares some of the responsibility here as well. That's all I and a few others here have been saying. All actions result in consequences.

So.... if actions should result in consequences then: If a teenage girl drinks enough to pass out then she should expect to be raped while passed out.

Your opinion is wrong. Lots of people have the same opinion as you and they're all wrong too. You should change the way you think.

In a civilized society this kind of change wouldn't be necessary...it would have already happened.
 mungojoe
Msg: 86
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/24/2013 7:46:16 AM
No, the real moral of the story is that some people don't believe personal accountability should even exist. I have never said that those boys weren't guilty of a crime. But the girl, in my opinion, shares some of the responsibility here as well.

No, you have that wrong... Some people actualy understand what the word "personal" in "personal responsibility" means... It means responsibility for what you personaly do... The girl got drunk and passed out, THAT is ALL she bears responsibility for... What others did while she was unable to participate is only thier responsibility...

All actions result in consequences.

Yes they do... Passing out is the consequence of drinking too much... And, aside from poisonong, vomiting, choking, a hang-over or being late for work the next day that's about it... Those are the consequences she bears personal responsibility for... Being f*cked in the ass, without consent, while passed out is NOT a normal or expected consequence of drinking, ever...

she could have been drinking ice tea all night, and some boy could have given her a roofie

Kinda takes the personal accountability out of the picture, doesn't it?

No more, or less, so than being passed out drunk does... Are you saying she bears no responsibility to watch her drink and make sure no-one messes with it...? Is it not her "personal responsibility" if she fails to do that and gets raped...?

Your position on "personal responsibility" seems somewhat contradictory here... In the one statement you seem to be saying what happens against your will is a matter of personal responsibility if you could have prevented it but, on the other hand it isn't your personal responsibility even though you could have prevented it...

I only have one question and that concerns the girl. She stated that she did not realize that she had been raped until the utube video came out................

Correct me if I am wrong, but each of the boys, left "evidence" at the area where the rape took place, which she would have clearly noticed........... The only way that "evidence" would not have been left behind was if they had worn condoms. Was there any evidence introduced that they had worn condoms?

She would have to have known that she had been "had", but then why did she wait until the utube videos were posted? How much time elapsed between her coming forward and the utube videos? Unless the boys had used condoms, she would have known............. why did she wait for the utube video to come forward?

I want to join a different group of 'age peers', this one is embarrassing... Does anyone know how to have your birthdate legally changed by 10-20 years...?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 88
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/24/2013 9:49:24 AM
Which is why after getting hammered and involved in an accident on the way home. We now sue the bar and bartender, because, you know, you certainly can't expect an individual to be responsible for their own actions.

We never used to sue the bar or bartender for overserving...but, lawyers weren't making enough money...and in this free enterprise system of ours it just seemed like a natural extension to sue anybody and everybody within reach...but, now-a-days bartenders are suppose to be trained not to overserve anyone...and bars have a resoonsibility to train their employees in recognizing who's too intoxicated...just as parents are responsible not to serve children alcohol or decide to leave their home open to a house party where alcohol is present for the consumption by children.

Did the girl increase her chances of something bad happening by getting falling down drunk, yes.

I'm sure most adults know the consequences of their actions and words (operative word-most)...but, I'm not so sure that a girl age 15 or 16 knows nor has the experience to understand what increased risk for rape is present when drinking among friends and aquaintances...one can make an assumption that adults know that excessive consumption leads to potentially bad things...but, for children, my guess is, their one concern is not getting caught by their parents....rape is probably never on their radar...

We tell our children not to drink (we know they will)...we tell our children not to talk with stangers (mostly they don't)...we tell our children not to get into vans with strangers (they almost never do)...I'm not so sure we teach our children how to drink responsibly when we know they will eventually experiment with alcohol...

Yet, to imply that a child has any responsiblity for being raped regardless of drinking alcohol...flirting...or what she wears is beyond comprehension...the reasonable consequence of a person drinking to excess,who is not driving, is a hangover...not rape....and to suggest otherwise tells what an uncivilized society some ppl in America live in.
 mungojoe
Msg: 89
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:14:54 AM
I see the spin doctor is still in the house.

ROFLMAO

That is rich considering you then completely sidestepped the contradiction in your view on "personal responsibility" that was pointed out earlier...

If you get to the point where you are no longer in control of your own behavior, you have failed in your own personal responsibility.

And now you want to 'spin' 'personal responsibility' in this case...

What behaviour was the girl "not in control of"...? She wasn't recklessly driving a car, punching people in the face or ripping her clothes off while screaming "f*ck me, f*ck me anybody, right here, right now"... She was unconscious, incapable of acting, she wasn't "behaving" at all, much less in any manner requiring control or exhibiting a lack of control... Are we now defining "unconscious" as a "behaviour"...?!? The ONLY people exhibiting "behaviour" at the time of the rape were the rapists...

By YOUR standard people should be considered as "failing in thier personal responsibility" if something unwanted happens to them while sleeping or under general anesthesia (I can think of a couple of dentists that would have liked to have had this argument on thier side)...

And you have the gall to accuse others of "spin"...?!? Geez, some people's children...
 4ms4me
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:16:44 AM
If I'm falling down drunk in a crosswalk, and get hit by a car, I get to sue the car driver. Nobody says to me "hey, you kinda have to expect to be hit by a car in a crosswalk if you're falling down drunk". Even though public drunkenness is against the law, I'm still not considered at fault if I'm hit by a car while drunk. Amazing how that works, isn't it?

Now, it seems to me that if a boy got falling down drunk and a bunch of girls got together and - I dunno, inserted stuff into his a$$, laughing and taking videos to show around town, there wouldn't be any question in anyone's mind about who was at fault. Nobody would be saying "Well, if a boy gets falling down drunk, he's got to expect that some girls might get together and do nasty things to him".

Mr Maker, I notice you didn't answer my query: would you consider it acceptable if, while drunk, your friends carved their initials into your skin? Would you consider that a reasonable expectation of being drunk, or of your friends?

Mr. K, the girl the didn't come forward immediately because she didn't know what had happened until she found out pictures had been passed around and put on the internet. And, given how there's a sizable minority who want to blame her, why would you be surprised that she might hesitate? She's been betrayed by friends, used by boys, and then people think it's ok to point fingers at her and say "Well, it was kinda your fault, you know".
 ForumFiona
Msg: 91
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/24/2013 11:16:34 AM

So.... if actions should result in consequences then: If a teenage girl drinks enough to pass out then she should expect to be raped while passed out.

You know Irish, I had a bit of a problem with that statement. But then I read this from you:

...I'm not so sure we teach our children how to drink responsibly when we know they will eventually experiment with alcohol...

It depends on the parents I guess.
My father told me that he would not be assisting my release from the drunk tank for any reason and don't telephone him..lol. My dad was a man of his word so I believed him, but he knew I was going to imbibe however he always told me to stay on the straighter side of having fun, especially if I was driving. I have never been in any alcohol related trouble (or injuries). Ever.
It is no secret that being under the influence of too much alcohol can put males and females at risk for anything, especially crimes because predators view the intoxicated as easy prey. We must teach our children to be smart and exercise self control when consuming substances so as to keep themselves safe when they have no adult supervision.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 92
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/24/2013 11:53:52 AM

We must teach our children to be smart and exercise self control when consuming substances so as to keep themselves safe when they have no adult supervision.

Well, we whom are parents, do teach our children many things and do so when we feel the time is right....and we know that our children will make mistakes...we hope that their mistakes will not be life changing or result in death...we, whom are parents, live in fear and hope our children will make good choices...but, not all "Children" do...and to say that because you made all the right choices, then other people's children must also or suffer the consequences up to and including being raped by aquaintences lacks any degree of compassion or understanding...that you hold yourself to such high standards is admirable, but that you hold up other people's young children to your standards is unreasonable...I am sure many ppl's parents tell them finish their education-for a partial education is wasted...yet, many ppl never finish their college educations...IOW's they do not always follow their parents direction even if it is the right diretion.

It is no secret that being under the influence of too much alcohol can put males and females at risk for anything, especially crimes because predators view the intoxicated as easy prey.

And our children's friend's and aquaintences should be seen a preditors around whom we should be in complete control at all times?

We must teach our children to be smart and exercise self control when consuming substances so as to keep themselves safe when they have no adult supervision.

We, whom are parents, try to teach our children all things in order that no harm will ever come to them....yet, some will over-indulge...some will drive too fast...some will become pregnant out of wedlock...and so on...there are reasonable consequences...a ticket or accident-even death for driving too fast...a child at too young an age...a crapye job for not finishing college...but, it is not a reasonable expectation that they should be raped by a friend or aquaintence for drinking to excess...it is not a reasonable consequence.
 NDTfan
Msg: 94
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/24/2013 1:22:35 PM

Perhaps we'd be better of teaching our kids not to be the kind of people others have to "keep themselves safe" from.

And we can start by not making easy excuses for rapists, murderers and the like to point to .... or pretending that the victim had "some responsibility" for what they choose to do to them.
 ForumFiona
Msg: 95
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/25/2013 6:40:20 AM
We have to teach our children something that will make an impact...perhaps something shocking? IDK...

I've been to parties where a friend went down from drinking too much. The biggest concern was poisoning. We would prop them up (I insisted because of reading about Jimmi Hendrix lol) cover them and keep watching to see if they were breathing.

That girl could of died. And where were her friends? Probably outside smoking pot, IDK. Nobody spoke for her when she couldn't do so herself, obviously...

Another thing is that alcohol affects females differently than males. Alcohol skips the digestion process in a woman and goes straight to her liver. Men actually digest it and that is why they can tolerate better. They should be teaching that in health class beginning in junior high or maybe earlier....
 Madailein
Msg: 96
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/27/2013 2:55:11 AM

If the women had accused white boys, they wouldn't have even made it to one trial, let alone several.~4ms4me~

You must not have heard of the infamous, Duke Lacrosse Case. (Read, It’ss Not About the Truth). Two black prostitutes falsely accused three white young men of rape. After lengthy expensive investigations the DA and the two women recanted their false accusations. Nothing happened to the women but the DA was disbarred. Although the women should have been prosecuted they were not; however one of them is now in prison for attempting to burn alive her boyfriend.

Millions and millions of people including teenagers, drink alcohol every day. But the vastly overwhelming majority do not get raped or participate in raping someone else.

+1
A noble young man will help a girl if he deems her intoxicated to the point that she cannot take care of herself; not rape or mistreat her.
 4ms4me
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Steubenville rape case
Posted: 3/27/2013 9:42:17 AM
You must not have heard of the infamous, Duke Lacrosse Case.

True, I hadn't.

Two black prostitutes falsely accused three white young men of rape. After lengthy expensive investigations the DA and the two women recanted their false accusations.

This case happened in 2006, vs the Scottsboro case which happened in the 1930s. In the Scottsboro case, the boys all ended up in prison; in the Lacrosse case, nobody did. In the Scottsboro case, the trials continued over a period of 10 years; in the Lacrosse case, the charges were dropped a year later. It seems to me that the two cases are significantly different, so not sure it disproves my allegation that in the 1930s, black women accusing white men of rape wouldn't have made it to trial. And come to think of it, I was right even in the 2006 case, though not for the same reasons. :)

Nothing happened to the women but the DA was disbarred.

Seems to me the DA in the Scottsboro case ought to have been disbarred as well.

+1
A noble young man will help a girl if he deems her intoxicated to the point that she cannot take care of herself; not rape or mistreat her.

Yup.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >