Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Germaine would be so proud.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RorschachTM
Msg: 26
Germaine would be so proud.Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Jolly good, I say...
 Swanniie
Msg: 27
Germaine would be so proud.
Posted: 1/28/2013 2:30:27 AM

I love you Swannie!

That shows good horse sence rocket man, but you may have to stand in line around here

Challenge accepted!
Where is the line

Swanniie
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/28/2013 2:50:58 AM
You guys are just starting to make me feel all good and mushy inside..
where is mah main man..my contact list is empty now!!
 greyingred
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2013 11:45:13 PM
Are they so good? so... why are you still here?

Because I enjoy gasbagging, giving biased opinions etc etc. I am only on the forums.

Broad sweeping generalizations mixing dancing with leadership at a serious level of discussion...
wow... just wow...

nope not really. You need the extrapolating bit plus imagination and then it all makes sense if you can see past perceived serious level of discussion of sucking used tampons and statements about man as 'natural' leader in all hetro relationships. Not that it really matters but I was a professional dancer so not modesty just fact when I say I can dance, can't play sport for nuts but I could and still do dance better than your average kind of human and I lay bets better than y88.

Some things are irrefutable.
I refer you to
Broad sweeping generalizations

wow... just wow...

lol fun isn't it?
 Swanniie
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/29/2013 1:51:51 AM

we could all put our names in a hat and you can pick one, anyone got a hat??

Do let it be a possum hat,,,
 Swanniie
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/29/2013 2:13:38 AM
zebra hat would be better.. being our international symbol and all..
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2013 5:11:25 PM

You need the extrapolating bit plus imagination and then it all makes sense if you can see past perceived serious level of discussion of sucking used tampons and statements about man as 'natural' leader in all hetro relationships.

I had sort of left this thread but then I read Greying-red's profile. This I think should be carried out by everyone before attempting to reply to any of her posts, for as you will find, she writes them with her tongue firmly implanted in her cheek. "Out damn tongue, out!"

Therefor I have now included GR on my stalking list! But I digress...

I believe it is I you elude to GR in the latter portion of your post re men as "natural" leaders. Of this heinous statement I emphatically plead, not guilty, your Honour!

I would be the last person in the world to claim this and in fact believe most men haven't a clue how to act in the "new society" post feminism and certainly are not natural leaders.

Sad, but sorry blokes, it's true! What's more...

and at the risk or careering off topic, most women don't understand what is going on either.

Political correctness is now the name of the game with a generous dollup of guilt dumped over us like slop from a pig bucket.

And it to this end that I think we should look at motives and our own instincts (which are usually right) to find out how we should behave in relationships.

Someone here berated me for using dancing as a metaphor to explain tampon sucking, I didn't.

I used dance to try to explain that a good relationship relies on both partners having different roles to play to make their relationship successful.

Regardless of what people say about feminism there are things innate to human beings and that is, unless you believe in fairy stories, we are still animals, albeit animals who have evolved to stand at the top of the food chain but animals we are,
and the traits that our ancestors had like men being hunters and protectors and women being organizers and nurturers still firmly exist in our subconscious.

This is why it is so hard to accept the crap handed out to us that we are all equal. This is communist BS. Only thing equal about us is we were born naked.

And as far as dancing is concerned GR if you are such a good leader try catching yourself when you have launched yourself into an aerial, better still, you catch me! lol

You ask what happens if the guy is a crap leader? and I answer. you teach and he acquires the skills to lead in the relationship or you move on and find a man who can. Luckily we are mostly second (or more) time arounder's here and have the luxury of being more choosy this time.

And guys listen to what GR says which is, that most men are crap dancers and she feels she has to take the lead.

That's what happens in relationships, if you don't learn how to lead, she will take on that role, then she will start to look around, because it is not a role she is comfortable with, (unconsciously) next minute you are dumped for someone she deems will take on the role as her hunter, or leader and she won't tell you why (she can't because the reason is in her UN-conscious mind) but the real reason is, you were not man enough for her.

Food for thought? well you think about it because I am off to suit up in my flack jacket and Kevlar helmet for the fairly severe barrage that I'm sure will be headed my way. OMG, "Incoming!!!"
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2013 6:05:57 PM
Get what you are saying Brian and agree on working together to balance things out, what I am saying is a lot of guys surrender their male leadership role to their partners when the 'comfortable' stage is reached.

When courting it was the guy who picked the restaurant, drove his date, made the moves, pulled out the chairs, paid the bill and tipped the waiter.

That can reduce to never even suggesting that they go out, not ever opening her door, never thinking of giving her coffee in bed in the morning, following her into the restaurant like a puppy, (the one that she had to pick) letting the waiter seat his woman while he plonks himself down, then looking at the wine list while saying, "what are you having? I'll have the same!"

It's not that I think a guy needs to act like a Neanderthal, just a leader.
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2013 6:54:25 PM
Nice try Brian but she'll never be stronger than me, and if our relationship ever becomes like pushing a rock up a hill, then I am going to find a way to hire a front end loader!

I believe in a partnership but with both of us doing different things to augment that partnership.

One car, one driver but we can change drivers when one of us gets tired.

Hey wait a minute, I'm sounding like you!

But we are off topic, how do you think Germaine would handle a relationship (with a man that is!)
 Swanniie
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/29/2013 7:41:20 PM
some of us girls secretly crave for the full gentleman package.. even if only on special occasions...

obv not tampon sucking girl..she just needs a special room and crayons to suck
 greyingred
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2013 8:06:10 PM
Food for thought? well you think about it because I am off to suit up in my flack jacket and Kevlar helmet for the fairly severe barrage that I'm sure will be headed my way. OMG, "Incoming!!!"
lol pmsl roflmao and all the other wonderful text speak some others hate so much.
I would be the last person in the world to claim this and in fact believe most men haven't a clue how to act in the "new society" post feminism and certainly are not natural leaders.

Sad, but sorry blokes, it's true! What's more...

and at the risk or careering off topic, most women don't understand what is going on either.

concur.
That's what happens in relationships, if you don't learn how to lead, she will take on that role, then she will start to look around, because it is not a role she is comfortable with, (unconsciously) next minute you are dumped for someone she deems will take on the role as her hunter, or leader and she won't tell you why (she can't because the reason is in her UN-conscious mind) but the real reason is, you were not man enough for her.

Unless of course the woman is a Dominatrix. Been an independant thinker and doer far too long to bow down to bad ideas and lifestyle choices just because my partner is a man and likes to wear the trousers. However truth be told ask any hetro woman in a long term relationship and they all say sometimes it is easier to stroke the ego and provided the consequences are not to drastic let the man have his way. Am reminded of an old saying..the way to a mans heart is to keep his stomach full and his balls empty and if you can't cook he is sure to enjoy the extra alternative attention.

Am further reminded of the old adage of teaching granddad to suck tampons when dealing with this perennial debate....but being old I could have got it muddled....roll on menopause and cronedom!
 RorschachTM
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/29/2013 9:00:30 PM
I think I am officially scared of greyingred...
:/
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2013 9:12:45 PM

Am further reminded of the old adage of teaching granddad to suck tampons when dealing with this perennial debate....but being old I could have got it muddled.

Geez Red, take your teeth out of the glass, granddad never sucked those things, it was, teaching granddad to suck....

f**k! Forgot!

Unless of course the woman is a Dominatrix. Been an independant thinker and doer far too long to bow down to bad ideas and lifestyle choices just because my partner is a man and likes to wear the trousers. However truth be told ask any hetro woman in a long term relationship and they all say sometimes it is easier to stroke the ego and provided the consequences are not to drastic let the man have his way. Am reminded of an old saying..the way to a mans heart is to keep his stomach full and his balls empty and if you can't cook he is sure to enjoy the extra alternative attention.

Ohheeeahhh! I love this post! I'm glad I decided to stalk you Red.

I wonder one day if you would trust me enough to allow me to lead you in the "drop to death."

Now that takes balls! Even for a Sheila!
 Swanniie
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/29/2013 9:25:50 PM

I think I am officially scared of greyingred...
:/

I'm not scared.. I just fight the urge to go into her account and pop some capitals on her... (GreyingRed)
and think we could all learn some lessons here..
How to suck tampons.. and use opnes tongue to sharpenn wit, conversation and contribute to societys wellbeing..
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2013 9:41:02 PM
I'm not scared

C'mon guys, even I am scared of Red (a bit!)

Oh and before someone accuses me of making death threats, the 'drop to death' is a dance move, over the back, all tangled up in arms in front, then an unroll with the lady finishing up suspended face down millimetres from the floor and held up by the guy.

Get it wrong and it's a face plant (haven't got it wrong yet but have seen the results of somebody else getting it wrong, broken nose! Oops!) hence the name 'drop to death'.

It is scary. For both!

Wonder if Ms Greer dances? ha Ha like to see that!
 greyingred
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2013 10:02:53 PM
I am as scarey as a grizzly bear on rohipnol and acid during hibernation...tis all bluff and bluster..though still makes me laugh..once asked for a knife and ex (brilliantly funny man) said "use your tongue it's sharp enough"....meoooowwww.

Lol re faceplanting, I knew what you meant by drop to death....have broken nose several times, a collar bone and a few fingers...shoulda done rugby, might have had less injuries and the men are hunky and strong. Drop to death was a major trust issue, especially since sadly a fair proportion of partners were gay and I couldn't play the please protect me card. And yes my bum did look big in a tutu.

Glad you sorted out my tongue in cheek...sadly having lost suppleness the cheek is now facial....oh that sounds sooooo wrong but meh!

Geez Red, take your teeth out of the glass,
argh you left the door wide open....have heard tis better without teeth when contemplating sucking. only a few more to go and I can give nirvana.
Swannie....how I love ya, how I love ya, my dear old Swannie.

Tampons..feminism.....do wot? that covers the topic eh?
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2013 10:15:25 PM
Red, NOW I'm scared!
 Swanniie
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/30/2013 1:08:30 AM

Swannie....how I love ya, how I love ya, my dear old Swannie.

Tampons..feminism.....do wot? that covers the topic eh?

Sigh dear me.. just because I mentioned somewhere I am HURTLING toward 40.. and the fact I have this rather awesome cute little bundle of... GRANDSON.. does not make me old!!!!!
fie fie

remind me I meant to do a post hyster tampon burning since my non existant desire to compete with the rather revolting ms plowman is thawrted...
*getting harder to stay on topic*
 Back.up
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/30/2013 1:18:06 AM
can anyone name me ONE physically attractive feminist?

that might sound simplistic, short sighted and crude however, cool your powder there is a point that is perhaps more sophisticated than at first glance. Arguably, people act according to self interest - if you benefit from a patriarchical society - supermodels etc, you possibly will not be as peeved by its structure as someone who needs to find a way to benefit.

I think that germaine greer is no different to cindy crawford or carl lewis, they all sought to prevail over others, cindy crawford utilised her appeal to men, carl did it by running fast (also granted the impression made is on men) and germaine did it through developing fame and regard as a liberal intellect. The method slightly different - the outcome the same - gratification and superiority over others.

perhaps when cindy crawford's looks fade and her physical appeal to men wanes, she too may seek other ways to ensure her star continues to shine brighter than others - or maybe she will be content with something else.
 greyingred
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2013 3:11:03 AM
forgot to take my rohipnol today.....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^female beauty versus brains stinking attitude is precisely why the rest of the human race is waiting for the last of the dinosaurs to die, shame there are so many younguns still about. Is that why Murdoch was so high up in his chosen career cos he had a face like a sack full of hammers..is that why Johnny Depp is so high up in his chosen career because he is beautiful? Nope methinks it is despite the triviality of physical appearance because they were good at what they did and worked hard and within reason it didn't matter what they looked like...women however have still to jump this judgement-by-appearance hurdle not only within their own careers but it seems for every male that they encounter. Think I am going to take my tampons and shove them in chauvenist stupid eyes, then we can both see red. And if you expected something more erudite (*@&*$&(*@&$(Q no effing point. Always thought Germaine was quite a leggy looker..but then I am not shallow.
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2013 3:22:22 AM
Back up, what does any of this have to do with used tampon sucking?

Granted there may be some correlation with gratification but ummm, no I take that back.

Ok, ok, I give you one...Mrs Naamah. Now look don't stop me, now you have to take as a given she is downright bulk left wing feminist propaganda right there, but, you gotta admit.....she foxy!

Prob too old for you sonny, but for us older dudes.....Meanit!

Cindy? Too skinny, no meat. Carl Lewis? c'mon man he a dude! Germain Greer? Ahahahahahahahaha!

Mate, I think, Mrs Naamah,? She got the ticket bro.
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2013 3:57:09 AM
Red you got in before me again!

C'mon sweety, you don't need mommy's little helper Ro-hip no more, you a big girl (and bad as well!)

Hey what the.....

Why I talkin' black? I don't get it, hey Red (that's it? It dat damn red, wine that is! ho-yeah) Hey Red, the big 'G' was NEVER a leggy looker! I believe YOU may have been a leggy looker and probably still are, you don't give too much away in your pic's but I would say about, umm...52kgs flat out dancing weight, maybe less and about 47 when you were in your prime, close?

Hmm, doesn't matter but, I'll tell you a secret.....

Appearance matters to blokes, sad, yep but it is implanted into our genes! Sorry.....

I meant jeans, but, I am getting away from the subject, again! Oh yes the old appearance thingy. Why do you take such offense at this, raising it's ugly (to you) head?

Darwin worked out long ago that both sexes go for the prettiest colors, the biggest specimens the strongest in the herd etc, etc, etc. But he was talking about insects and animals

Why are you surprised that us human animals exhibit the same behavior?

I think you danced with too many partners who were prettier than you. Problem was, they were only attracted to other males of the same persuasion. Nothing wrong with that but maybe if you had spent more time dancing with hetro blokes, you would have gotten a whole new perspective, no?

Wait, wait, where is that damn flack jacket!
 Back.up
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/30/2013 5:23:38 AM
ok, I would not consider natasha stott despoya 'hot' - I used clumsy language but I hope the meaning was clear.

To my understanding murdoch utilised what tools he had available to him, same with depp. Miranda kerr used what tools were available to her to further self interest. That is my point - perhaps I will spell it out. It is those women who least benefit from a paternal system where women are objectified as sexual objects who seem to most strongly object to it. What I see in feminism (no matter the branch of it, which I will get to later) is a cluster of mechanical intellectuals (thanks gramsci) spewing out discourse in pursuit of personal interest - namely upward social mobilisation. The irony being that the 'cause' itself has become the catalyst for this mobilisation and gratification of its actors within capitalism where intellectualls circle the cart, protecting their patch of social inequality and prescribing a means for emancipation that is not supported by all those they purport to represent. Further, we (men and women) are to accept that women have been oppressed (which incidently I do not oppose) rendered against a backgrounding of the collective female experience of that oppression, by a select few (entirely unrepresentative) women claiming authority as spokepersons - yet who's very career and social location is reliant on that very oppresion they seek to supplant. In essence a kangaroo court where the gallery, prosecutor, judge and jury are the same entity tell you what to do with your tampons while enjoying some of the 'perks' of a 'heinous and oppressive' system that they oppose. What an utterly patronising posturing.

To me, this reduces what was once an important and organic movement to a vehicle for furthering ones interest - que Julia Gillards 'outrage' at abbotts 'sexism' while remaining mute in the face of slipper and her own partners slip (no matter how earnest the regret by each).

Actually, this might be a new topic, but can anyone tell me the fundamental premise of feminism? I would like to know if the women reading this post feel comfortable with germaine greer representing them and explaining the feminine experience? Does she even try to do this? I don't know

Then again, I could be wrong.
 alex143_4
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/30/2013 4:45:13 PM
Great to see a woman saying this. Nothing worse than the "All men are pigs" type of women.
 greyingred
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2013 4:28:09 AM

-and I know some may come after me for posting to this, but Natasha Stott Despoja was pretty damn hot, and if I remember correctly -- she fought to have the GST removed from Tampons <--- on topic for the win...

Yup, you won the entire thread with that one and made me laugh (thanks) after a long day in a hot shed painting things that will ultimately get put back into theatre storage to be repainted.....a bit like some of the plastic women and men that seems to be de rigour nowadays.

Still gripe about GST on tampons...maybe we should all bleed on Parliament steps complaining about red tape and blue string.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Germaine would be so proud.