Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > 5th date and she just say we friend      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mrang_675
Msg: 1
5th date and she just say we friendPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
i went with a girl and first date we go for coffee i paid, and second we went to play pool and i paid, 3rd date was movie and i paid, 4th we went for drink and i paid but just buy one drink, and other was restaurant. i try kino and hold hand on 5th date and she dont let me and later i tired arm on her body and she rejected it and said we are just friends and thats what a bf does.

before i kino on day 2 and they never see me again. so this time i delay kino and still rejection and want only friend. i wasted like 50 dollars on her. i done this to a few girls were i paid after day 4 and it all adds up and i cant get gf or laid. they just want friend.
i thought paying for them would allow them to like me more or more gentleman.

what next. thoughts
 DameWrite
Msg: 2
view profile
History
5th date and she just say we friend
Posted: 1/21/2013 9:21:34 PM
Try being a nice guy instead of trying to get laid? You are objectifying and looking for something, rather than someone.

If you think you are being a gentleman, think again.

(that's not to say she isn't a user, she may well be).
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/21/2013 9:35:18 PM
What????

You expect to get a reward for paying?
Wow!
I can see why she chose to put you in the friends category.

Time to rethink your reasons for dating.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/21/2013 10:17:02 PM
What does "kino" mean? I could barely read your post. And you claim to be a doctor.
 OutMind
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:39:37 AM

before i kino on day 2 and they never see me again. so this time i delay kino and still rejection and want only friend. i wasted like 50 dollars on her. i done this to a few girls were i paid after day 4 and it all adds up and i cant get gf or laid. they just want friend.
i thought paying for them would allow them to like me more or more gentleman.

Several big mistakes. First of all, attitude. You saw these dates as financial activities that YOU invested in. When I go out on a date, is for me to have a good time, the lady is an accessory to have a good time. If she contributes to the event, more power to her, if she doesn't, again, I had a good time, she doesn't owe me anything because I paid. It's not an entitlement to sex, or her kissing you, or anything.

Second huge mistake. If there's no kiss or intimate touch on the first date. I will not ask for a second. End of story. You needed to move a little faster.

But here's the biggest mistake. You read some PUA book about Keno, and now your paws are all over the girl and instead you are annoying as hell. There is a lot of validity of Keno in the sense that until you break her personal space, there's no sense of attraction being build between the two of you. But the difference is that if you start to touch her like crazy you are not going to achieve anything. I use a technique that is 100 percent effective not in getting you laid, but in determining if the girl likes you and may want you or not. I call it a Ping. A ping is a simple touch, like the Keno tell you about, only as you ping, the ping has to come back. And it comes back through HER body language, HER touching you, HER breaking your personal space. If all you are doing is touching her, you are annoying as hell. If you touch, then set back and wait. Keep talking, make eye contact, then try again, then you wait.
There's even a formula of this approach. Two steps forward, one back. It is the one back that counts.
This technique is very effective because if she does not respond to it, you know that her body language was not into you. Which means she was not into you. But if her body language responds. It's very hard to lie about that, because they are not words, but feelings and how we unconsciously react to what we like.

Next time, try it out.
 curviest
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 8:51:39 AM
Carolann you just made me ROFLMAO with this "$50 over 5 dates............................and she didn't have crazy monkey sex with you after you laid out that kind of cash??? That beotch"
 LathaMath
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/22/2013 9:15:33 AM
I suggest double dating with a more experienced friend.
And hanging out in mixed groups and observing women's behaviour.
You will get better at avoiding the inexperienced and players who waste your time.
 Maleman999
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/22/2013 10:46:31 AM
I think you should ask her for a refund, since you didn't get your money's worth, and don't forget to add in the interest rate for the length of time you didn't have that $50.. It doesn't take 5 dates to figure out if you've been friend-zoned. You will know after one date, like Outmind explained. But this is not even a friend situation, since you're still paying every time. It's called being used and played. Stay away from b1thces like that.
 DietFree
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 11:21:20 AM

What does "kino" mean? I could barely read your post. And you claim to be a doctor.

It's probably kino therapy.

I pity the guy, though. After all, he spent FIFTY BUCKS on her in five dates. That's ten bucks a date!! Do you know how many dishes he has to wash at his job to get that money?
 jjoenyc73
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/22/2013 4:51:54 PM
Cut the OP slack. He is obviously an immigrant. I wasn't there so I cannot comment on what he did or did not do. Personally, if she is on date 5 with him and see s him as a friend she did probably use him. Some girls sleep with guys sooner than that and he was rejected it seems for doing what is normal(although it seems he went crazy on date 5) Not for nothing ,but if she knew she thought of him only as a friend her option was to tell him sooner or offer to pay. In today's world women say they are equal so be = ;). Offering to pay would signal early that they are going out as friends.
Sorry, most friends do not pay for their friends company.
Op was she a native or foreign women like yourself? I ask this because in a lot of cultures guys pay for friends who are females as well(FSU females for example, south American ,etc). When you are with such types its very hard to ascertain intentions early. Seriously these women will go on dozens of dates and you will not get anywhere,unless you bring it on. I do not agree that you should always make move by 1st date. Most women on here are saying its to soon. I do think by second or 3rd date you make your move, BUT you start the process of pinging (lol good term, but NOT 100% effective for reasons you would have to PM me to find out) as soon as possible. It not sleazy its the dance of 2 people. You come across like you went ALL octopus on this women. It probably scared the crap out of her since you did not build up to it.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 5:06:31 PM
ha ha, so ya think you will buy a few drinks and get some???

sucks to be you.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 9:40:56 PM
Strange his profile reads completely different than his illegible post. That being said, turn on your spidey senses and go for a hand hold on the second date to see the reaction.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > 5th date and she just say we friend