Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JenSnider
Msg: 16
Attention Ladies: Define “Real Man”Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Since this is the humor thread....

When I say I want a real man (which, actually, my profile doesn't say that) I mean that I don't want to have to wind you up every morning just to get you to go. Or worry about replacing your batteries, or having to find an extension chord for when we go out.

Seriously, I have no idea what a "real man" is supposed to be.
 kangia
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Attention Ladies: Define “Real Man”
Posted: 2/14/2013 3:57:14 PM
define "I want a good woman".....and if you ever do find out whay women mean by a 'real man' let me know....I don't understand it either :)
 army3
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 8:45:48 AM
Wow- so that's what a "real man" is? Yeah I must be a lady boy then cuz that ain't me lol. I do what I do. I can fix stuff and get dirty, I can cuddle alot, I can do alot of the stuff, but changing at the snap of a finger isn't my strong suit. Maby that's why I been here for 5 years now on and off. LOL- it all makes perfect sense now! Holy cow- it's like god just reached down outta the clouds and smacked me in the back of the head! Ok, time for my asprin. I think I'll just stick to looking for a woman who can just be down with dealing with who I am instead.
 nc_lady
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/16/2013 8:39:37 PM
REAL WOMAN: Takes care of her husband and her family.
 brodybabe
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 1:46:25 PM
THATS EASY....
DEAD
 TheWayOutIsBroken
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 2:11:30 PM
wow, this thread is the greatest.
 Syll
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/23/2013 9:06:04 AM
Read Steve Harvey's books: a real man provides, protects and professess.
 poopypants123
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/24/2013 8:06:03 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't know that by me pretending to be a real man would cause such a crisis.

*Rips off fake mustache, throws it in dirt and kicks dust to semi bury it*

*sniffle*
 Solomonlike
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/25/2013 1:11:53 PM
Well, I do have a cheche and bubus which can be confused with a superhero costume but it is actually the custom of my heritage(ok, coupled with Cuban and Calusa-Seminole,still majority Amazigh).......some call us Imazighen, others call us Tuareg.....I introduce to you....Real Men! ...of which I am 1.

Seminole and Imazighen are unconquerable.

Just sayin!
 MissLynn76
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/27/2013 10:22:15 PM
lol that's funny. The problem is that there are too many men answering.
 army3
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2013 11:58:05 PM
Lol- lynn- there are too many men answering it because women don't pay enough attention to them! I don't know how other guys are doing, but I feel like I'm talking to walls on this site. o.O
 Solomonlike
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/1/2013 9:24:23 AM

I do remember an evening when I met a guy who was funny, liked me for my personality, we had a great time socializing as well as in bed (met each others needs). I seem to remember saying something like, "ahhh a real man".........Isn't that what everyone wants?? ....I will never forget that evening.

I personally hope not. I hope and believe there are women who have a perception of needing and wanting much more than that. Desires and require a much broader spectrum in terms of their view of a "real man". Substance, is what make for healthy, functioning, lasting relationships as oppose to a good "evening" or even short term fling. I think a real woman wants a real man of demonstrated substance. You know, a man that demonstrates real respect in all areas, real care in all areas, real passion, real responsibility, real emotional/financial/spiritual/intellectual/relational maturity, real connections and demonstrates that over a period of time past and present. My idea of a real woman is one who not only demonstrates those things but also requires those things to be demonstrated by a man over a period of time past and present.

"a guy who was funny, liked me for my personality, we had a great time socializing as well as in bed"

I was easily that guy and much more at 16 if not long before. That bar isn't set very high. Just sayin!
 cmc0526
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/1/2013 8:03:20 PM
Hmmm, along the lines of what I was thinking. Don't forget has to look like Brad Pitt, Channing Tatum, or David Beckham. Here's the real deal if that was true, none of us men would be on here trying to find someone. Chances are we'd already be married or sleeping with as many women as we could. Kept things in perspective and in the realm of reality. If you choose that path chance are you will continue the cycle over and over again.
 EricaPeterson
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/2/2013 9:55:41 AM
Real Man..... I don't think there is such thing as a "REAL MAN" ha. But if I HAD to define real man it would just be a guy who is only himself and himself alone. Not afraid to be himself bla bla bla lol typical female definition. lol Oh well
 oxcaitlynxo
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/3/2013 6:22:27 PM
HAHA! I've always wondered what a real man was too.
Jeez.. Thought they all were real, just some more right for me than others.
 Jaco04
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/6/2013 11:03:07 PM
Hmm . . . on behalf off all women, I believe when they say "I want a real man", they mean they want a 13 year old Jewish kid who successfully had their bar mitzvah. Which bothers me because you have to be 18 years old to meet anyone on POF . . . this is obviously a problem that needs addressing in "that"' female community looking for a "real" man.
 ActualizedExplorer
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 2:55:19 AM
Just be real, man. Then you'll be "Real Man".

Hahaha.

I'm a guy. I see myself as a man. Don't know if I'm real or not, I feel I am real.
Accepts responsibility for one's actions; accepts all parts of themselves, past or present, gifts and pitfalls; Is principled and takes a stance, yet knows how to compromise, and when to do so; Knows what they want in life, and actively engages to get there.

A "Real Man" is not too different from a "Real Woman".

Just be real, man.
 olgi28
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/10/2013 1:40:42 PM
Kind....sincere ...one who could work a long day and still have time to be Love and Love as well. Someone who has his feet well grounded and not try to change his partner into something she is. Not.
 buckeye_bartender
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2013 8:22:28 PM
You know, it's somewhat sad when I read through some of these posts that the men have posted. They seem very bitter, untrusting and cold. We have all had relationships that didn't go the way we would have liked them to, however you put itbehind you and move on. If you aren't able to do this, your life won't ever be happy.

My version of a real man, is someone who is there fo me when I need him. My best friend, my confidant. If hes able to be those things, he's areal man!!
 Givemeshelter
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2013 11:30:52 AM
very good!
just like beauty - in the eye of the beholder. just like when you know you "click".
 Rapunzel1964
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/23/2013 1:01:50 AM
4SUSAN and Buckeye Bartender gave the PERFECT definitions of a "real" man:

A boy looks for a girl to sleep with,
a real man looks for a woman worth waking up to.

and

<div class='quote'>
My version of a real man, is someone who is there for me when I need him. My best friend, my confidant. If he's able to be those things, he's a real man!!

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Make that two winners!
 brewswain
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/29/2013 10:58:03 PM
Those women dont realize how offensive it is to want a 'real man' until you message them asking if there are any 'good' women left

Those women dont realize how offensive it is to want a 'real man' until you message them asking if there are any 'good' women left
 honestandhopeful2013
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/2/2013 3:01:45 PM
Hi,

All men are real.... I think what the women are trying to say is ....Please be real..... No need to lie... tell us the truth and be understanding.... try to talk things out ... be truthful with us and understanding and communication ....
 The_Kapn
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/3/2013 11:44:12 PM
- makes $50000 a year at least
- has a car
- has exciting hobbies
- is in great shape even if she isn't lol
- is a dare devil and responsible at the same time
- is spontaneous, he always accidentlly appeases her like Hugh Grant
- is a good listener like Dr Phil but never actually offers solutions just repeats their problem over and over in different words and cries with her about how hard done by she is.

lol, thank you Spartacus.

ALMOST nailed the description I figured.

2 proposed revisions:
The Dr. Phil good listener part. I'm am the King of that; I rule alone. o_O
(Certainly not making me feel more manly.)

Spartacus' list is uncanny to -THE BAR- expectations are set to. Imo.
 Ffester
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2013 5:42:49 PM
Not made of rubber.
Show ALL Forums  > humor  >