Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 12
Marriage secret?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

And yes my kids have taken it WAY WAY better then I have.

This pretty much confirms my suspicion. You are more upset that she didn't inform YOU of her wedding and didn't invite you. You're using the kids as an excuse to express your disappointment for not being involved in your ex's life. Your opening post made it sound like your kids are little children who would be devastated if they found out from another source. If wasn't until later you said the kids are in their twenties.
 safaa30
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/22/2013 12:07:31 PM
Yup. Everybody involved has no issue with the fact, except you.
 apafely
Msg: 14
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/22/2013 4:44:11 PM
"Maybe she was too drunk to remember she had gotten married... or maybe the marriage was annulled? OR, maybe she did tell the kids, who decided to keep it from YOU.

I think you should give her the benefit of the doubt."

Maybe she forgot you, EX mr. Husband. She is convinced that her present husband is her first, and the kids that she's had with you are some sort of distant cousins who call on her from time to time, but very strangely they don't bring bottles of boose for her.
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/22/2013 4:50:36 PM
a classic case of...does not want to deal with the spouse. ..at all. So kids are suffering. You are likely someone she avoids to avoid confrontations.
 annywn
Msg: 16
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/22/2013 7:28:04 PM
your ex took off and left her children? She MUST be on drugs. No mother could do that.The other man might not even know. I'd get her parental rights terminated immediatly. I have never been a secret spouse nor would i socialize with one who would, I value myself a wee bit more than that..
 J_bird61
Msg: 17
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/22/2013 7:45:44 PM
Yes, I do know someone else who did that. My ex husband got married without telling or inviting our (his) kids .

The kids are older now and they've said they have a slight resentment towards him for that event. It follows a scenario where they believe he never really loved them/wanted much to do with them.
Some people remain consistent, I guess.
I'm actually kinda of relieved to hear other stories like this - I'm sorry they happened, of course, but it makes me feel a tad better, like my kids weren't the only ones.
 annywn
Msg: 18
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/22/2013 8:55:01 PM
Sorry I missed the part about the children being adults,how do you get those cute emicolons to appear?
 Love.Notes
Msg: 19
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/22/2013 10:33:55 PM
Strange world we live in. She doesn't much value the relationship with her children if it's been 3.5 years that she has spoken to them. That right there should tell you everything you need to know about the woman. A lot of men have secrets. Married with a mistress comes to mind? Perhaps this man didn't know she had kids? Perhaps they both really don't care about anyone but themselves. Maybe he doesn't see himself as a dirty little secret. We don't know the answer to that, they do.

But this is what I do know: I find it very sad when I hear that parents have become estranged to their children. What a loss that is for everyone involved.
 privat33r
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/23/2013 12:33:50 PM
OP, the first problem for your wife and kids is they haven't seen each other for 3.5 years, its also the 2nd, 3rd and 4th.-maybe you are the 5th, 6th and 7th problem. Are you doing anything to make a meet-up possible,.. Have you made simple arrangements for the kids to visit uncles/aunts on her side so she can discretely and painlessly drop in? Have you freed time and resources so the kids can travel, or instead is their a busy universe of complexity, deadheads and minefields stretched out before even the most fervent attempts they might make to reconnect?

Your ex has no secret. Her relationship status is not your concern - you expect her to have one, or two, or complexities - people should have relationship. It makes them healthy. Spying on those and using them as fodder to plow negativity back into the gaping craws of naive and impressionable children is a habitual obscene nuttieness. Too many singles are drawn to that. Don't. Get off the internet searching for her junk. Stay out of the panty drawer. Its not yours anymore.

I don't mean to plow nastiness back as you're clearly asking the question in good faith. I don't mean to be well-- mean. Spying bothers me.
 Lucky...13
Msg: 21
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/23/2013 1:36:40 PM
TMI gathering on EX = Creepy
Get Over it.
 Happy_gal2013
Msg: 22
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/23/2013 2:38:21 PM
nubeginnings64 once again you've got it spot on

"it's not your business or your concern anymore"
 five-marie
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/23/2013 3:14:36 PM
I read some of your history Bond, feel for you. Hard when we can't get past something in our lives. 12 years is a long time, maybe time to talk to someone?
On topic, if a mother hasn't talked to her children in over 3 years I'm not surprised she would get married without telling them.
I agree that this is more about you finding out online and being upset than the actual topic posted. Maybe her new husband doesn't want to rock the boat. Maybe he knows she isn't in contact with them and feels its her business? Maybe you should force yourself to think of something else immediately upon thinking of her.
You mention your ex is a number of posts, she's been your ex for 12 years and shouldn't be a priority in your life anymore. What is it about her that made you feel like a whole person when with her and worthless without her?
Edit-Just read your reply. Not condemning you for loving her but hoping you see the damage it's doing. To sooner be dead than be without her after this long is not healing, you need to heal.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 25
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/23/2013 3:37:06 PM
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference...

@BondGold...I am not religious but this just seems to be so fitting...right now.
WHY...do you open yourself up for this critisism and keep posting things then??
You know there are regulars that remember your previous posts and people can view your history.
Do you like the attention?? OR do you only want people to sympathize with you?
Not judging....asking...why??

You keep talking about "what" you lost...the unit of marriage etc...
I will tell you...my first husband was abusive and when I finally got the nerve to leave...my children were relieved....I only wish I had done it sooner.
I met a wonderful man...who treated me with respect and love and he accepted my children as his own....they loved him back....the unit was now whole as it should\ve been.
I will tell you....Your children would feel so much better if they knew you were happy...
But....You seem to like being the martyr...imo.
 Happy_gal2013
Msg: 27
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/23/2013 3:57:40 PM
I felt sorry for him unil one day he had made a post and it was so bad that lasted about 15 minutes. It was filled with very harsh and terrible rants of how he felt about the women on here. He was referring to ladies on here as compared to a junk used car. Who was judging then Bondgold?

I feel for your ex of what she must have went through with you. She is the lucky one that got away from someone who seems very toxic. I wish her well.
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 28
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/23/2013 5:42:57 PM
you were divoced for a reason. arent you suppose to enjoy your freedom? let the kids have their own opinion .
 carolann0308
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/24/2013 11:30:37 AM
If my children were adults and I was divorced from their father, I would consider his personal life none of my business.
Not sure why you felt obligated to take an existing wound and add salt to it. Your children are old enough to do their own sleuthing and then decide if they want to look up dear old Mom they are well withing their rights to do so and they may not even tell you. It appears to me that you are far too interested in making your Ex wife look bad.

My children are teenagers and I don't share the information I've learned about their Dad since our divorce. I occasionally hear things from his friends and old co-workers but it is not my job to tell my kids when their father does something wrong or stupid. I'd prefer not to hear it myself.

You've been divorced 12 years, you and your Ex are not the same people you were back then. Please consider getting some therapy because it is not normal to not move past a divorce, you deserve love in your life.
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 30
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/24/2013 9:52:36 PM
OP, DONT GET MARRIED........
 Happy_gal2013
Msg: 32
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/26/2013 10:53:32 PM
Lovelyandalady, bonds posts were no different than tactical's- that is why I responded the way I did! Sad

Bond

Once again you are placing blame on many posters that do not agree with you on you tactics and constant berating of you ex. Many people here and myself has tried to be compationate to you and your issues. You turn around and attack many here and call them out of their names. Then you wonder why you get a negative response. Those of us that has followed your post has read all of your history. You have been very mean spirited with attacks. That is why you got kicked off the forums for 3 days. People look in the history. I thnk that speaks for itself. It's to bad that the mods removed your rant so all could see. My post was in response to you being very mean to many on here. But once again your calling a few of us out. No surprise.

Back to the topic at hand. Now you post in a public forum and we have every right to respond to this post.

There is no law or rule that ones adult children must be invited to attended her wedding to her New husband. It's sad they didn't have a choice in the matter. My I ask why your adult children have nothing to do with their mother? Is it possibly that Your ex is not contacting them because of your actions towards her? Just a thought. You stated in your other posts that she made some mistakes but you truly still love her. If you love her, set her free. She has a husband by law and that was her choice. I feel for your adult children being without their mom in their lives at present. There will come a time when they will reach out to her. But I think your kids are taking the marriage news well.

It just make me wonder why you feel that you need to be involved in this marriage. Why are you so concerned with your ex wife's personal details? She has a new life and a new husband and they must be in love. It's no longer your business. Life is short, take care of your life with your kids. Let her husband take care of their life.
Good luck.
 Happy_gal2013
Msg: 33
Marriage secret?
Posted: 1/27/2013 12:01:43 AM
Just for the record, your used car rant was about a women being no better than a junk car along with other very nasty, mean and hurtful thing to females in general. If it were what you stated it would not have been removed within 15 minutes. I'm not a mean person and you can check my history. It speaks for itself. I'm glad you do not define me as a person. Poor observation Bondgold.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >